Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Classic and newage exhausts. One size fits all?

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2017, 10:16 AM
Jay kay
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Classic and newage exhausts. One size fits all?

I'm new to Subarus and still trying to get to grips with what parts fit what - especially as I bought an 04 JDM car!

I started a thread recently about what exhausts people use/like and am on the hunt for something now, however I am not sure on what pipe will fit my car. I believe classic and newage cars use the same backbox so they should all be the interchangeable. However the centre pipe seem to differ in length in newage UK and JDM and also I believe UK classics having a longer piece. I have no idea about JDM classics.

What I read last night was that JDM newage cars (i.e. mine) possibly use the older and longer UK classis size centre pipe so I can now start checking ebay for systems from classic models and they should fit straight on. I'm just not sure that can be entirely correct and I don't know if centre bore sized changed at all.

Can anyone shed any light onto this? Obviously it would be far easy to just call a shop and order exactly what I want but my budget is not endless so i'm starting with ebay and hoping to get lucky.

Thanks all.
Old 30 August 2017, 11:59 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

unless you have done big power i would not worry about changing the bore , you could just measure your centre pipe , hayward and scott are a good place to go , sometimes unless it's a known brand ebay exhaust parts can be a bit touch and go as i found out , at least at hayward you know what you are getting and ask them about a bigger bore
Old 30 August 2017, 02:53 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay kay
I'm new to Subarus and still trying to get to grips with what parts fit what - especially as I bought an 04 JDM car!

I started a thread recently about what exhausts people use/like and am on the hunt for something now, however I am not sure on what pipe will fit my car. I believe classic and newage cars use the same backbox so they should all be the interchangeable. However the centre pipe seem to differ in length in newage UK and JDM and also I believe UK classics having a longer piece. I have no idea about JDM classics.

What I read last night was that JDM newage cars (i.e. mine) possibly use the older and longer UK classis size centre pipe so I can now start checking ebay for systems from classic models and they should fit straight on. I'm just not sure that can be entirely correct and I don't know if centre bore sized changed at all.

Can anyone shed any light onto this? Obviously it would be far easy to just call a shop and order exactly what I want but my budget is not endless so i'm starting with ebay and hoping to get lucky.

Thanks all.
Search the internet for JDM spec exhausts. Decide what you want. Buy it.
http://www.scoobyparts.com/performan...age-01-onwards

http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=24

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 30 August 2017 at 02:55 PM.