Mods are
Td04 hybrid
3" decat h&s full system
Ported manifold & Harvey up pipe
Pink injectors
Walbro pump
Sti top mount
Running 1.3 bar of boost
From standard to now is quite different & it's now nice to drive but I was expecting more from it. I thought a standard td04 maxed out makes around the 270 mark so was expecting more from the hybrid or am I missing something?

Happy to hear opinions & thoughts
Old 04 August 2017, 10:32 AM
TIZERBOY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks about right at 1.3 bar m8 should drive loads better....
Old 04 August 2017, 10:43 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks ok,it takes a fair dip in torque between 3.5-4.5rpm which seems odd.
The fact it makes more torque than bhp on a 2.0ltr is maybe where the hybrid has the extra bit of magic?
Old 04 August 2017, 11:02 AM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

I did wonder what would cause the dip in torque as it's quite a bit, would a map tweek fix this or is there possibly more to it?
Old 04 August 2017, 11:05 AM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TIZERBOY
Looks about right at 1.3 bar m8 should drive loads better....
The drivability is so much better & i'm happy with it from where it was to where it is now
Old 04 August 2017, 12:13 PM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Difficult to say without a baseline as so many factors to consider. Ideally we'd have a dyno chart of all the mods mapped with the standard TD04 and then the Hybrid to see the difference. That would show up any weaknesses in your engine which would effect the results. I'd have hope for more like 300/300 but as I say lots of variables.

If you look at the map here https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...35-advice.html you'll see that your torque curve is near identical to 3200rpm. So clearly the hybrid is having an effect. If you could resolve the dip after 3500rpm you'd probably see 290+

I presume the turbo just has a 19t wheel fitted? I guess the standard small turbine wheel is still limiting any top-end gains. However, compared to a typical WRX/VF35 map you are making 50-70lbsft MORE between and 3-3.5k and the VF35 won't start out performing until past 4k.
Old 04 August 2017, 12:27 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Just remember different dynos show results differently.
Old 05 August 2017, 08:40 PM
davoid
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A useful comparison. This is my 2000 JDM wagon which has a TD04 and was mapped by Andy Carr. It has a sports cat and fujitsubo cat back, deatschwerks fuel pump and that's about it with mods. Your torque comes on very quickly, more so than this here, which must be very satisfying. Yours is almost all there by 3200rpm whereas mine takes till 4000. However I agree; I might have expected a bit more from the hybrid. Andy recommended I get one and suggested 300/300 would be expected.

Last edited by davoid; 05 August 2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07 August 2017, 06:17 AM
Wull
Scooby Regular

It may have made more on say.....the Dyno used in the pic above! how it drives is all that matters. Nice spec though.
Old 07 August 2017, 06:42 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Depends on the dyno and the day as to what numbers you get... so many factors at play... cold morning to warm afternoon can account for 15bhp on a graph.

You have a decent torque figure... as above what really matters is how it drives.
Old 07 August 2017, 08:07 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I was under the impression that the torque and bhp should cross around 5200 rpm, the OP`s doesnt.
Old 07 August 2017, 10:01 AM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
I was under the impression that the torque and bhp should cross around 5200 rpm, the OP`s doesnt.
The scales aren't the same for Torque and BHP - so they won't cross at 5252. The BHP scale is actually WHP.
Old 07 August 2017, 10:03 AM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TECHNOPUG
Difficult to say without a baseline as so many factors to consider. Ideally we'd have a dyno chart of all the mods mapped with the standard TD04 and then the Hybrid to see the difference. That would show up any weaknesses in your engine which would effect the results. I'd have hope for more like 300/300 but as I say lots of variables.

If you look at the map here https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...35-advice.html you'll see that your torque curve is near identical to 3200rpm. So clearly the hybrid is having an effect. If you could resolve the dip after 3500rpm you'd probably see 290+

I presume the turbo just has a 19t wheel fitted? I guess the standard small turbine wheel is still limiting any top-end gains. However, compared to a typical WRX/VF35 map you are making 50-70lbsft MORE between and 3-3.5k and the VF35 won't start out performing until past 4k.
Like you say so many factors to conside & it will be just a case of working through things till I get it resolved which I'm confident it will be. I'm in contact with who mapped the car & once I'm back off holiday I'll get the car to him & hopefully get to the bottom of it. Yes I really thought it would've made it into the low 300's too, it has the 20t wheel (eleven blades) fitted so should push a little more than the 19t by how much I wouldn't know but from going by what I've seen of other td04 hybrids & from who built the turbo i'm a bit off from what I should be making.
Old 07 August 2017, 10:13 AM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Hmmmm I would of said a hybrid td04 would of made at least 300bhp
Old 07 August 2017, 10:14 AM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Depends on the dyno and the day as to what numbers you get... so many factors at play... cold morning to warm afternoon can account for 15bhp on a graph.

You have a decent torque figure... as above what really matters is how it drives.
yes very true, I've never used this dyno before or know anyone who has so it could read low.......was ran at 8.30 in the morning so high ambient temps shouldn't of been a problem. Something is amiss with the torque dropping off for 1k then back on again so this needs sorting as it's not ideal. In total agreement with how it drives is really what matters and it does drive great from low down the pull is spot on & what I was hoping how it'd feel. But we all want that bit more don't we & I seem to be missing that bit more from what I should have
Old 07 August 2017, 10:19 AM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Once I'm back from holiday & gotten the car looked at & hopefully running where it should be I'll let you know my findings as it might help someone with similar symptoms
Misses not happy I'm on holiday & still pi**ing about with that bloody car lmao
Old 07 August 2017, 10:39 AM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

If you look at the TD04 graph posted by davoid, you're making the same max torque at the same rpm. The difference being that you are making higher torque, earlier. That's what I'd expect from a standard 13t but with a billet wheel - it's lighter, so will spin up quicker. It's still the same size though, so max figures will be the same, as it's not shifting anymore air.

With the bigger 19/20t wheel though, I'd expect more torque/power everywhere and if anything, slightly reduced spool. Maybe it's purely down to how it's been mapped?
Old 10 August 2017, 03:36 PM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

If you look at this recent Hybrid dyno here: https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...l-rounder.html you'll see that you're making the same torque at 3000 and 3500rpms. If you could clean up the dip I imagine you'll see similar 300/300 figures.
Old 10 August 2017, 07:57 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

It needs at least 1.5 bar through it to then decide whats what imo
Old 12 August 2017, 12:02 PM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TECHNOPUG
If you look at this recent Hybrid dyno here: https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...l-rounder.html you'll see that you're making the same torque at 3000 and 3500rpms. If you could clean up the dip I imagine you'll see similar 300/300 figures.
That's exactly the same set up I'm running even down to the turbo supplier so in theory i should be around the same ball park figure in terms of output. LiamB didn't mention what boost he was running to make those figures, I'm wondering if my boost was set a bit lower than the one in the link with longevity in mind as my cars quite high mileage
Old 14 August 2017, 10:23 AM
LiamB
Scooby Regular

Interesting that dip in torque on your print out., given that we have almost exactly the same set up. Just to check do you have the STI scoop and tray to go with the TMIC? Also did you do the usual EGT sensor delete with a 2.2k resistor? How about cooler running sparks? These are the only differences I can see between your spec and mine.
Old 14 August 2017, 02:11 PM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Yes I fitted the sti scoop & undertray, the egt was mapped out and it's fitted with the cooler pfr7 plugs too.
Who mapped it thinks the ignition pulled on the dyno but ideally needs the boost and afr graph to confirm but the graphs I have don't provide this info. Haven't been able to get hold of him since last week to see what the next step to take is..........