IMPORTANT OUTREACH - Bacup Garage

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2017, 10:55 PM
ldpeacock
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation IMPORTANT OUTREACH - Bacup Garage

COMMUNITY MESSAGE

There's a garage (Albert Garage) in Bacup, Rochdale that has at least 8 Imprezas in for serious engine repairs. One of them is mine, and at least one other belongs to a member on here. We've both paid large amounts for the work, and now the mechanic in question is unreachable. I know for a fact that there are at least 8, and they've all been waiting a very long time and won't have had contact for weeks now.
I've been digging into the situation, and speaking to a few people around him, and I'm working on solutions to this. What would help me most right now would be to speak to the other people, and see what info they've found/ action they've taken. I have photos of a few of the cars that are still around there and will be going up again and doing what I can to help those people.

If you are:
-One of the owners
-Know one of the owners
-Are on another group and willing to share and help

I would be very grateful if you could share this post, comment, or message me privately.
There are people in the impreza community being shafted, and I'm going to do what I can to resolve it.

Thanks for reading <3
Old 13 June 2017, 11:11 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

So you've paid loads of money before the work was done?
Old 13 June 2017, 11:14 PM
ldpeacock
Scooby Newbie

No, the work was carried out and the car returned to me at which point I paid him ; but after a short period the problems returned. He agreed to repair under warranty, but after an extended period of time became unreachable (almost Identical story for the other chap)
Old 13 June 2017, 11:20 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Oh dear, how did you pay? Have you been down to garage?
Old 13 June 2017, 11:23 PM
ldpeacock
Scooby Newbie

Part cash, part transfer - I have formal receipt of payment etc.

Went down today, he wasn't there but a few scoobs were. Speaking to the people who own the building etc, but no massive breakthroughs yet
Old 13 June 2017, 11:49 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Have you seen yours? Hopefully its a case of him not being well etc rather than anything dodgy.
Old 13 June 2017, 11:50 PM
ldpeacock
Scooby Newbie

not seen mine, no :/
Old 14 June 2017, 07:31 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

So sorry to hear
Round the corner from where I live aswell...
Old 14 June 2017, 04:29 PM
rickybobby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hopefully its not that Bart Rocko bloke.

Friend of mine sold him a perfect running engine that came out of his car when he changed to a forged engine. Was running perfect, no issues yet 2 days after delivery Bart Rocko claimed it had headgasket failure and demanded a refund. Started showing videos of it fitted with smoke coming out etc and saying how he's an honest mechanic.

Unfortunately as Chris is a trusting guy he didnt make note of the engine number so in the end refunded him because Rocko was just relentless in giving him sob stories etc. Its only when he mentioned this to people on facebook that others came forward saying the same thing had happened to them, by the same buyer
Old 14 June 2017, 04:33 PM
ldpeacock
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by rickybobby

Friend of mine sold him a perfect running engine that came out of his car when he changed to a forged engine. Was running perfect, no issues yet 2 days after delivery Bart Rocko claimed it had headgasket failure and demanded a refund. Started showing videos of it fitted with smoke coming out etc and saying how he's an honest mechanic.

Unfortunately as Chris is a trusting guy he didnt make note of the engine number so in the end refunded him because Rocko was just relentless in giving him sob stories etc. Its only when he mentioned this to people on facebook that others came forward saying the same thing had happened to them, by the same buyer

It's not him actually, though I believe Rocko does sell this guy some parts.

I can't comment on Rocko as a mechanic, but he has been very helpful with information on this other garage, so I can't really knock him tbh.
Old 14 June 2017, 04:37 PM
ldpeacock
Scooby Newbie

Although admittedly, wouldn't you think he'd be better skimming the head and replacing the gasket rather than rejecting the engine altogether ...
Old 14 June 2017, 05:16 PM
rickybobby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ldpeacock
Although admittedly, wouldn't you think he'd be better skimming the head and replacing the gasket rather than rejecting the engine altogether ...
No, because theres nothing wrong with it. What we've noticed is that whenever he buys an engine for a customers car it turns out that what you've sold has the same symptoms as what he's fixing. We had 3 other people come forward, ALL saying the same thing.

Hopefully you get your car sorted chap, best of luck
Old 14 June 2017, 05:38 PM
ldpeacock
Scooby Newbie

No, because theres nothing wrong with it. What we've noticed is that whenever he buys an engine for a customers car it turns out that what you've sold has the same symptoms as what he's fixing. We had 3 other people come forward, ALL saying the same thing.

Hopefully you get your car sorted chap, best of luck

cheers mate; hopefully we can all get our scoobs home safe
Old 14 June 2017, 10:39 PM
Jodgie
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ldpeacock
COMMUNITY MESSAGE

There's a garage (Albert Garage) in Bacup, Rochdale that has at least 8 Imprezas in for serious engine repairs. One of them is mine, and at least one other belongs to a member on here. We've both paid large amounts for the work, and now the mechanic in question is unreachable. I know for a fact that there are at least 8, and they've all been waiting a very long time and won't have had contact for weeks now.
I've been digging into the situation, and speaking to a few people around him, and I'm working on solutions to this. What would help me most right now would be to speak to the other people, and see what info they've found/ action they've taken. I have photos of a few of the cars that are still around there and will be going up again and doing what I can to help those people.

If you are:
-One of the owners
-Know one of the owners
-Are on another group and willing to share and help

I would be very grateful if you could share this post, comment, or message me privately.
There are people in the impreza community being shafted, and I'm going to do what I can to resolve it.

Thanks for reading <3
matt had my van for over 3 months took £830 to do the clutch and other work van run for less than 3 mile before it spit the untitend bolt out of the clutch plate and wreaked it. He's definitely picking up his messages as he accidentally one belled me on sun. There was a Subaru and a old bm in his garage when I got my van back. Honestly think he's done a runner. Could Probably get hold of the landlord for you.
Old 15 June 2017, 08:24 AM
ldpeacock
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Jodgie
matt had my van for over 3 months took £830 to do the clutch and other work van run for less than 3 mile before it spit the untitend bolt out of the clutch plate and wreaked it. He's definitely picking up his messages as he accidentally one belled me on sun. There was a Subaru and a old bm in his garage when I got my van back. Honestly think he's done a runner. Could Probably get hold of the landlord for you.
if you could, that would be amazing

I suppose the most useful information would be whether he's still paying for the unit (if not, could we get access to remove our vehicles)
Old 21 June 2017, 08:19 PM
ldpeacock
Scooby Newbie

Default UNEXPECTED UPDATE

After finally managing to get In touch with the garage, I'm not theoretically picking the car up tomorrow, FIXED!!

so... Let's see what happens
Old 29 September 2017, 05:58 PM
Mark Burns
Scooby Newbie

Default Albert garage

If anyone has a car there at the minute he is working out of glen service centre now, I've just caught the slippery little ******* unawares in there seeing as he refuses to answer any customers calls!! The guy has ruined my rb5 and will be costing me more money to get his **** ups sorted!! If anyone requires any information about matt or his dad ( who seems to be behaving to deal with all his angry customers) give me a shout and I will pass on the numbers or addresses
Old 29 September 2017, 10:59 PM
Jodgie
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Burns
If anyone has a car there at the minute he is working out of glen service centre now, I've just caught the slippery little ******* unawares in there seeing as he refuses to answer any customers calls!! The guy has ruined my rb5 and will be costing me more money to get his **** ups sorted!! If anyone requires any information about matt or his dad ( who seems to be behaving to deal with all his angry customers) give me a shout and I will pass on the numbers or addresses
hi
glad youv finally managed to get hold of him.
I chased him down to were he's living. Payed him £830 to wreak my van. Iv all ready been glen
drop me a email jodgie@hotmail.com
cheers
Old 08 October 2017, 10:32 PM
ldpeacock
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Burns

I'm formally 'giving you a shout' as the bottom end has now gone for the third time...

Any info on his whereabouts and contactability would be very much appreciated
Old 09 October 2017, 09:32 PM
Andy2017
Scooby Newbie

Default Sick little *******

He had my car for about 2 months putting a new head gasket on it. He found load of stuff that needed doing as well (coolant/oil flush, brake pads, discs, all 4 drop links and a mysteriously damaged alternator)

Got it back and after 15 miles it overheates. Tried to take it back but not there and won't answer his phone. ****in engine is full of green seal thats taken out my radiator and heater matrix. and the "additional work" wasnt touched or needed.

He did a runner when I walked through the doors of the Glenn service station, and i know roughly where he lives.

I hope he can get on here and read this..... I know what you are! He's not just a thief and a liar...... How he's not in prison with a shiv sticking out his head is beyond me!

​​https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/tedte...pil-bacup/amp/
Old 21 January 2018, 06:36 AM
Jodgie
Scooby Newbie

Default Thieving little *******

Iv tried my best to be polite to this little **** wit. However it seem he has no intention of being a man and dealing with the issues which he has caused. If there is any of his victims out there that received the bull **** text of him suffering from dispersion and he would be sort you car out next .while his phone was off he was collecting cash off me for work he had no intention of doing. I have spoken to a solicitor + with the text messages I received of the lying thieving little ******* I can prove that he KNOWINGLY AND WILLINGLY MISLEAD CUSTOMERS IN TO PAYING FOR WORK WHICH HE HAD NO INTENTION OF CARRYING OUT. With him being a sole trader not a limited company this is a" CRIMINAL OFFENSIVE" OBTAINING MONEY BY DECEPTION" if there is anyone who wishes to pursue this further please contact me as this ***** odviously thinks he can do anything he wants and get away with it. + Needs stopping.
😚
​​i

hew
Old 17 February 2018, 03:13 PM
Jodgie
Scooby Newbie

Default Lieing Thieving little *******.

Just a update I am still chasing the horrible little ******* . Just something to think about. If he knowingly and willingly took payment for works which he never had any intention of doing to a satisfactory standard or never carried out with out notifying his customers he or his garage were in financial difficulty this would no longer be a civil matter but would be a criminal one obtaining money by deception if reported to the police they would have no option but to deal with him. If anyone would like anymore information let me know.
arseholes like Matt need dealing with!!!
Old 25 May 2018, 07:16 PM
ldpeacock
Scooby Newbie

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of replies since

Bottom end failed again in Feb.

Anyone know where he's currently working out of? Or any other info of that kind

​​​​​​Thanks in advance

​​​​​