Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

URGENT - Need a part number confirmation - PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2017, 10:02 AM
Binny
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default URGENT - Need a part number confirmation - PLEASE HELP!!!

Morning team.

I'm in desperate need of a part number confirmation for a front lamda sensor for a MY03 JDM STi (the one in the headers). It's the genuine part, the one with 4 wires, and it has to be the proper one so I'm told. Both ICP and Richards @ FB Tuning have confirmed it has to be right sensor, not a Bosch/Denso one. Import car parts don't have one and wont for 9+ weeks so I've no choice but to go to Subaru to get one. ICP gave me the part number of :

22641AA191

I've no reason to disbelieve ICP but Subaru UK cannot confirm it's for a Jap import without 'doing some digging at head office'. Helpful I know. It's going to cost me £385 and as we speak they can't confirm it's returnable if it's the wrong one!!! I don't want to spend £400 on the wrong sensor!! I'm going on holiday this evening out of the country for a week and need to get this ordered before I go so it's here for my return so I've got a car again!

Can anyone 1,000,000% confirm that part number is the correct part I need?

Please help.

Thanks,
Binny

Last edited by Binny; 24 May 2017 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Adding detail
Old 24 May 2017, 10:10 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

any help ?
https://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/calc...gen-o2-sensors
Old 24 May 2017, 10:43 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Enough confirmation??

Old 24 May 2017, 10:49 AM
Binny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Don Clark
Enough confirmation??

Is that a yes (sorry I don't speak Japanese!)?
Old 24 May 2017, 10:52 AM
Binny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
Part not listed on their site. The biggest issue is it's JDM.
Old 24 May 2017, 10:59 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

You could enquire with japanparts.com and import from Japan - may work out cheaper.

The one listed on their site refers to A/F Sensor 22641AA042 so you would need to quote the specific part number

https://www.japanparts.com/contact/contact_us

UPDATE:

Looks as if it could be this one

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/17200 but still check

Last edited by Don Clark; 24 May 2017 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Update
Old 24 May 2017, 11:04 AM
Binny
Scooby Regular

You could enquire with japanparts.com and import from Japan - may work out cheaper.

The one listed on their site refers to A/F Sensor 22641AA042 so you would need to quote the specific part number

https://www.japanparts.com/contact/contact_us
Sorry to sound like a complete dumbass but does that mean that 22641AA042 and 22641AA191 are the same part (maybe just supplied by different people)? That aside with your info and knowledge provided above is 22641AA191 the correct part for my needs if I do have to order it from Subaru UK?

Thanks for your help.
Old 24 May 2017, 11:46 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Is that a yes (sorry I don't speak Japanese!)?
You don't need to read Japanese

Your car model is a G11 impreza, grade STi

The important bits are in English

Your VIN plate will tell which REVision it is (A, B,C, etc) (build dates from/to)

Originally Posted by Binny
Sorry to sound like a complete dumbass but does that mean that 22641AA042 and 22641AA191 are the same part (maybe just supplied by different people)? That aside with your info and knowledge provided above is 22641AA191 the correct part for my needs if I do have to order it from Subaru UK?

Thanks for your help.

No they are different spec for a different tune setup/revision from the factory.

Part number 22641AA191, as supplied by ICP, is the currect part number and AFAIK it hasn't been superceded.

As it's for the JDM Twinscroll model I doubt if Subaru UK will have it in stock anyway and will need to get it from Japan (unless it is used on a different UK model).

Last edited by Don Clark; 24 May 2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 24 May 2017, 11:53 AM
Binny
Scooby Regular

Don Clark thank you for your input.

I've just heard back from Subaru. They have 2x in stock at head office UK and have confirmed it is the correct part for my model of imported car. I asked all the questions about how can they tell etc, she goes on to say that they spoke to someone who deals specifically with unique parts like this, cross referencing it with the Jap computer system (I assume that same one you used earlier on) and has 100% confirmed it the correct part.

She has said that the old sensor will have a part number on it, so to check it before the new sensor is fitted just to confirm it's correct.

It sounds like its all good and should be the right one, I guess time will tell when I collect it after my holiday. Fingers crossed...

Binny
Old 24 May 2017, 02:28 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Old 24 May 2017, 04:11 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Out of interest what are they looking at charging you for it??

If my second pick on Japanparts was correct you could get it for about £250 all in (Postage, Import duty, Import VAT, admin charge and paypal fees included)

Last edited by Don Clark; 24 May 2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 24 May 2017, 04:17 PM
Binny
Scooby Regular

Out of interest what are they looking at charging you for it??

If my second pick on Japanparts was correct you could get it for about £250 all in (Postage, Import duty, Import VAT and admin charge included)
£385. I did look into the Japanparts site and yes it was better value but there is still a doubt in my mind that the part is correct. I know Subaru themselves have confirmed it, but I have a habit of overthinking things and tend to side on the side of doubt (rightly or wrongly). Ordering it from Subaru UK I can take it back if its the wrong one. All be it I can't collect it until I return from holiday but I can get it for when I need it and not have to wait for it from Japan without a car.

All that said and done, £135 is still £135 but I have an out if the sh*t hits the fan. Then I can start all over again!!!