ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

S203??

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2017, 07:13 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S203??

Hi all, I'm seriously considering selling two of my cars and looking towards an S203 at some point in the future as that model would probably fit my needs best I feel, like a half way house between an STI and a Spec C however I have one thing that bothers me and that is.
There are a few examples I've seen for sale for a long time and have not sold, Motorhub aside the 2 cars look very nice examples in silver, the one is in the classifieds here on SN, so can anyone tell the reason for the lack of interest as my thoughts would be they'd be snapped up pretty quick due to their spec?
I'm not interested why not buy a spec C answer as that is also on my list as well, I'm just interested in thoughts on the 203 as I'm a bit baffled??

Thanks in advance
Jay
Old 17 April 2017, 07:25 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Not many people are willing to spend £15k or more on 12+ year old Imprezas. It's as simple as that. You've got to be really in to them to do that, with all the options available. Plenty of German performance metal in that price range, which most people want.

The Keighley ones are usually high mileage or crashed.
Old 17 April 2017, 07:44 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossyboy
Not many people are willing to spend £15k or more on 12+ year old Imprezas. It's as simple as that. You've got to be really in to them to do that, with all the options available. Plenty of German performance metal in that price range, which most people want.

The Keighley ones are usually high mileage or crashed.
Can we say that they're overpriced for what they are?? Personally I'd say no due to the spec and limited number. Spec C RA's sell for that money and don't seem to hang around that long so can we say the RA is a better car??
Old 26 April 2017, 11:10 AM
Craig0001
Scooby Newbie

Sourcing parts is a put off for myself.