ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Possible swap for my 911

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2017, 02:07 PM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible swap for my 911

Hi Guys, so after selling my track car last year im on the hunt for another, ideally something which will serve dual purpose, a car i can use when im home, and one i can take on track, problem is i have a 996 c4 tiptronic s, 2001 just under 68k and full porsche dealer history, its arctic silver, very very good condition, always garaged, and prices of the early 996 are only going 1 way...However i have no desire to track this in all honesty so im thinking of selling, and quite fancy an impreza, something very good condition, and maybe limited edition wr1 etc.
I used to own a bug sti over ten years ago and always regret never tracking it, so if any of you guys are interested in poss px and are in the north east, fire me a message or reply... I will try and upload some pics of my car but the problem is im offshore at mo and the fire walls are pretty strict with picture hosting sites.

i value my car circa 13k, and for the right car would put cash either way. Dont be confused guys this isnt me trying to offload something thaats knackered, its a mint car with full dealer history and lives under cover in my garage and used now and then in fine weather. If there is any interest i will see if i can find a way to upload some pics..
Old 14 March 2017, 07:11 PM
SubieJack
Scooby Regular

Straight swap my 2005 Widetrack STi with 336bhp, RB320 Suspension, Eibach camber bolts, Michelin Super Sport tyres, 21mm Prodrive rear ARB.

https://scontent.flhr2-2.fna.fbcdn.n...88&oe=596D3102

https://instagram.flhr2-2.fna.fbcdn....83023360_n.jpg

https://instagram.flhr2-2.fna.fbcdn....37465088_n.jpg

Can we have some pics of yours? You upload pictures by selecting the post card emblem at the top of the message box and then select where you have saved your pictures.
Old 15 March 2017, 07:06 AM
Jonny Park
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lovin that plate on your car Jack.
Looks Da bollox
Old 15 March 2017, 07:42 AM
SubieJack
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jonny Park
Lovin that plate on your car Jack.
Looks Da bollox
Haha, thanks man! You're the first person to say that so I'm glad it is obvious lol
Old 16 March 2017, 01:59 PM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

Old 16 March 2017, 02:02 PM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

Old 16 March 2017, 02:03 PM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SubieJack
Straight swap my 2005 Widetrack STi with 336bhp, RB320 Suspension, Eibach camber bolts, Michelin Super Sport tyres, 21mm Prodrive rear ARB.

https://scontent.flhr2-2.fna.fbcdn.n...88&oe=596D3102

https://instagram.flhr2-2.fna.fbcdn....83023360_n.jpg

https://instagram.flhr2-2.fna.fbcdn....37465088_n.jpg

Can we have some pics of yours? You upload pictures by selecting the post card emblem at the top of the message box and then select where you have saved your pictures.

Thanks for offer but yours is worth no where near same as mine, even without knowing mileage.
Old 16 March 2017, 02:06 PM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

sorry for the poor pictures. they no where near do the car justice.
Old 17 March 2017, 10:03 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stunning car Jono but if you are going to focus on a Subaru for track days then a Spec C would be the one to go for imo ( they are holding their value very well now and if you can get an STi Spec C RA, all the better) though there was an S203 for sale in Accrington from a dealer which may be interesting
Old 17 March 2017, 11:50 AM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Stunning car Jono but if you are going to focus on a Subaru for track days then a Spec C would be the one to go for imo ( they are holding their value very well now and if you can get an STi Spec C RA, all the better) though there was an S203 for sale in Accrington from a dealer which may be interesting
Hi Tony thanks for the positive comments. the car really is nice and very good condition, i wrote the original post whilst away at work, which ive done once before towards the back of last year then got home, went out for a drive and then cancelled the advert as i really do like it, as i said i originally bought the 911 to just use rarely on sunny days, and hopefully appreciate in value, which i think it is/ will, (the 996 is tipped as one to surge in this months modern classics) however at the time i bought it i had a 170bhp elise which was used 90 percent just for track, however thats garage space i will never get back thanks to my wife and kids slowly taking over every bit of space. My next car im hoping for something which will kind of cover both bases, something which i can do what i planned with the 911 and keep for the long term but that i can also use on track days.. the sti spec c, p1, or wr1 would be my preference i think as all are a little bit special and sort of limited runs and all would give me fun on track. I will see if i get any interest here..
Old 18 March 2017, 09:32 PM
Jonny Park
Scooby Regular

That Porker is beautiful & an awful lot of car for the money.Will undoubtedly be a classic at some point in the future & will be worth considerably more than it is now.Very nice.
Old 18 March 2017, 10:35 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

For a track replacement subaru it can only be the spec c or spec c Ra if newage is your fancy or a type r classic.
They are the best your going to get as Tony said.
A wr1 and p1 won't be very exciting compared to above two.
But lovely car, hoping to bag myself a 997 at some point in future just for my own daily and occasional track toy.
Old 19 March 2017, 08:24 AM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
For a track replacement subaru it can only be the spec c or spec c Ra if newage is your fancy or a type r classic.
They are the best your going to get as Tony said.
A wr1 and p1 won't be very exciting compared to above two.
But lovely car, hoping to bag myself a 997 at some point in future just for my own daily and occasional track toy.
​​​​​​​thanks guys just seen that 203 online.. May see what he offers against mine. I would be weary of a 997 unless it's a gen 2. There really is lots of horror stories with the engines. I can actually see the 996 overtaking the 997 price wise before too long.
Old 20 March 2017, 09:10 AM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

im actually now thinking do i defy the wife just keep this and buy something around the 5 6k mark...as i know i will probably kick myself in a year or 2 when these are maybe worth another 5 to 10k..
Old 20 March 2017, 09:55 AM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

no disrespect to you or your 911
but i doubt very much it's going to be worth 5/10k more in 2 years time
Old 20 March 2017, 10:19 AM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stuart148
no disrespect to you or your 911
but i doubt very much it's going to be worth 5/10k more in 2 years time
when you look at prices historically of the 911, they all seem to hit rock bottom which this one has already done then climb, in most cases to silly amounts. on the 996 its the first of the engine changes from water to aircooled so as far as revisions go its a massive one in the 911 lineup... i used to own a 3.2 carerra maybe 12 years ago, i bought it for 10k or just a midgeys under. the same car now is worth maybe 50-60k, same with the 964s you could pick them up for maybe 8k at one point, 993s are worth north of 60k for a decent one now, then the 996 followed the 993, yes they share some parts with the boxster, but it was classed as the model that saved porsche.. i believe these prices are only going 1 way, and i dont think i will be far away with my estimate. of course i could be wrong, my timescale could be wrong but its just my educated opinion.
Old 20 March 2017, 09:50 PM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

The engines are a bit of a worry though aren't they.....
Old 21 March 2017, 05:11 AM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

More so the later 3.6 unit. apparently the 3.4 is the better engine from an engineering point of view. But as you say you do need to be careful when buying.
​​​​​​​
Old 23 March 2017, 08:20 AM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

Old 23 March 2017, 08:21 PM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

A low miles manual C4S or Turbo is in with a shot of appreciating 5k in two years, but I can't see a narrowbody Tip doing the same.

No offence btw - and your 996 looks like a lovely example.

Personally I reckon an Impreza is a much better road than track car - would be looking at an E46 M3, RS Megane or Honda Type R for track, but that's just me.

Last edited by plenty; 23 March 2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 23 March 2017, 10:05 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by plenty
A low miles manual C4S or Turbo is in with a shot of appreciating 5k in two years, but I can't see a narrowbody Tip doing the same.

Personally I reckon an Impreza is a much better road than track car - would be looking at an E46 M3, RS Megane or Honda Type R for track, but that's just me.
Lol have you ever driven a spec c on track mine runs rings round my mates m3 and thats a csl they are quite at home being tracked
Old 23 March 2017, 11:26 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

you could not of driven a Spec C on track! If you had you'd know that it will run rings all of the above. Simples.
Old 24 March 2017, 12:06 AM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

​​​​​​​I would agree with you regarding Honda type r. I've had 4 ep3s. The last one was running 260bhp and it was a beast on track. However I'm pretty set on a impreza I think. I've drove e46 m3s on track. I wasn't overly impressed. My Elise was very good on technical tracks but even running close to 170bhp it struggled on straights. I actually thought I would have had a bit more interest in a px from people..
Old 24 March 2017, 12:45 AM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by **jay**
Lol have you ever driven a spec c on track mine runs rings round my mates m3 and thats a csl they are quite at home being tracked
Originally Posted by S204Darren
you could not of driven a Spec C on track! If you had you'd know that it will run rings all of the above. Simples.
I'd respectfully suggest that "running rings" around other people on track is more of a function of the driver than a car. An average driver in an Impreza will be quicker than an average one in an M3, but a capable pedaller in a well set-up M3 will be more than a match for most people in Imprezas. And yes, this is based on empirical evidence drawn from many track miles, not conjecture.

Which is kind of my point, actually, It's easy to drive an Impreza fast, but a 2WD car on a track offers more of a challenge, more adjustability, more options entering and exiting a corner, and ultimately more fun. Which is more important to me personally than being the quickest guy out there.

(The road is a different matter of course.)
Old 24 March 2017, 10:24 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

"An average driver in a Impreza will be quicker than an average one in an M3" was my point. Nobody mentioned which would be the most fun!
Old 29 March 2017, 08:30 AM
hartlepool_jono
Scooby Regular

The 911 is now on eBay.. Already had 3 offers. The best 12500 but looking for 13 or more ideally. See what the week brings. New impress may not be too far away