ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Its all about the classic look

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2017, 02:05 AM
Azza2016
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its all about the classic look

Got a question .. Hope someone can help ... I've got a 02 classic wrx replica estate 2.0/And. 2.0 well slow ... And because of that I don't drive it a lot . have other cars to run around in Don't won't to get ride
​​​​​I'm in love with the classic look and won't my kids to drive one day lol .. .. What will be the best and stress free engine swap which doesn't mean spending thousands .???
Old 21 February 2017, 10:00 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

if you are talking going turbo it will involve a lot of bits including the ecu and supporting bits exhaust etc etc , cheaper to buy a turbo wagon i would expect , even stroking what you have would not be cheap , from memory the pistons in yours are different to turbo ones , projects can cost loads and never get completed , so as above by some thing built the right way in the first place
Old 22 February 2017, 12:04 AM
Azza2016
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheers vxr for natta

After reading your reply I had to take a glance a what' I wrote .

​​​​​​Am I going mad ...

My question ment ::: when the time come's what would be the best engine swap --- I.e don't won't to spend £7g more like £3g .

what would be best for a 2.0 awd slow to **** estate . but money can't put price on that classic look .. You watch 10 year's time spotting a classic Subaru "" Be like spotting a cosworths lol £££££££ and just in case you think I'm stupid put a turbo engine in it would be best idea lol
Old 22 February 2017, 01:03 AM
Jonny Park
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe that a mid mounted 911 GT3 engine is a fairly straight forward install on a
classic wagon chassis.These can be picked up for peanuts as well.Also very easy to turbo charge with Nos & a super charger for low down grunt.My mate John fitted his in a day but torque steer is a real b@sterd..
Old 22 February 2017, 05:28 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a nonsense post. Go and buy a turbo wagon and be done with it. Swapping the engine is going to cost you thousands. If you really want to continue speak to a tuner and ask for an estimate, then be prepared to double it.
Old 23 February 2017, 12:22 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonny Park
I believe that a mid mounted 911 GT3 engine is a fairly straight forward install on a
classic wagon chassis.These can be picked up for peanuts as well.Also very easy to turbo charge with Nos & a super charger for low down grunt.My mate John fitted his in a day but torque steer is a real b@sterd..