Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Impreza key fob problem

Old 26 January 2017, 01:46 PM
Sooze
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza key fob problem

Hello, I have a problem with a key fob for my Impreza and I hope someone on here can help me. Just to say I'm not really a car person (don't shoot me down!) - I have a car for getting me from place A to place B and it happens to be a Subaru... I had an issue last year and found this forum and you were all so helpful (& patient) and I hope you can help again!
The back of my key fob has fallen off and although I have searched everywhere it seems to be lost forever. The problem is that it doesn't seem to work properly without the back (I guess it needs to make the final contact?) I have managed to get it to work a couple of times but it seems to be luck that it works. I can use the key to lock/unlock but can't switch off immobiliser or use alarm.
I've read that there is a pin code but I have no idea what my pin is (I've looked on all my paperwork) or even where the keypad is in the car!
So I guess my 2 questions are: where can I get a new back for the keyfob - it's a round screw black plastic thing - and can anyone help me with the pin code thing. I would need very slow, clear instructions if that is possible please?
I've looked on internet for a key fob back but the only one I can find is a full key fob on ebay, which is this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Imp...25.m3641.l6368
This may be because I'm using the wrong search terms?? I don't have much money so don't really want to be spending a fortune. Please help! Thanks x
Old 27 January 2017, 09:40 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My daughter has a problem with the fobs too, searched Google for Sigma installers and found one just a few miles away. He's mobile and will come to her, 2 new fobs programed for £90

Search this Thread