ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Sti pink

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2017, 03:25 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Sti pink

Due to the fact my spec c is a motorsport version and came with nothing when I first puchessed her a few years back, in my eyes there is only a few things I would now like to do then I can say she is finished,

I didn't get get the sti pink arms underside am I correct in thinking this is just
Lateral arms and trailing arms that were the only pink items added ? Or was there other bits...

I would love all the pink sti bits underside but looking on eBay for both the trailing and lateral there about £1k new for the lot which is steep but obviously new, are there any other aftermarket options I can consider that are a good alternative if I cannot get the pink items ?

Thanks
Old 02 January 2017, 03:50 PM
scotty75
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well importcarparts stock the sti pink lateral arm kit less the trailing arms for £550 or you could go whiteline lateral arms .

Last edited by scotty75; 02 January 2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02 January 2017, 03:56 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Was it not the s203-4's spec c type ra's that came with all the pink bits on and the spec C's come with black stuff

There are the toshi arai tuned adjustable shocks/springs that are pink you can add them to your get list maybe very nice drive on them indeed
Old 02 January 2017, 04:10 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

AFAIK only Spec C RA, S203/204 have the pink trailing arms, STi rear ARB and pillow ball lateral links.
Old 02 January 2017, 04:18 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

There's me been panicking thinking I'm missing all the pink and it's not even standard ��
I didn't realise it was just s203 / 204 and ra that came with the pink goodies that good to no as it's just saved me a fortune

Is there any point upgrading the set up I have or would I be better just polly bushing everything

Cheers
Old 02 January 2017, 04:21 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

I have not driven a car with poly bushes to compare with standard but my FSTi felt much more planted with the pillow ball lateral links and arms. They have no stiction and allow the suspension to work better,
Old 02 January 2017, 05:13 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz
There's me been panicking thinking I'm missing all the pink and it's not even standard ��
I didn't realise it was just s203 / 204 and ra that came with the pink goodies that good to no as it's just saved me a fortune

Is there any point upgrading the set up I have or would I be better just polly bushing everything

Cheers
If it's right DONT fix what ain't broken mate spend the cash on other tastefull mods if it's for track purposes then it still should be good enough because the spec c is a monster in its class as is maybe some blistein coilovers maybe IMO
Old 02 January 2017, 09:01 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz
Due to the fact my spec c is a motorsport version and came with nothing when I first puchessed her a few years back, in my eyes there is only a few things I would now like to do then I can say she is finished,

I didn't get get the sti pink arms underside am I correct in thinking this is just
Lateral arms and trailing arms that were the only pink items added ? Or was there other bits...

I would love all the pink sti bits underside but looking on eBay for both the trailing and lateral there about £1k new for the lot which is steep but obviously new, are there any other aftermarket options I can consider that are a good alternative if I cannot get the pink items ?

Thanks
http://www.spec-c.com/what-model-is-my-impreza/

http://www.type-ra.com/subaru-forum/...elp-advice.49/
Old 02 January 2017, 11:36 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

I'm well aware of what spec c I own, I'm also aware of ra.com as I ask questions on there, I was just unaware that spec c's didn't come with the pink arms but thanks for the heads up
Old 03 January 2017, 08:10 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53
My friends fresh import 17" STi RA Spec C has the pink arms etc as does my STi RA Spec C S202

and my S202

Not jealous at all it's just **** I tell you!!
Old 03 January 2017, 08:31 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Without drifting off topic, what's the best way to clean the underneath up so it's like the bottom pic of 53? Just climb under, strip, clean, re-fit?

I think the RA I'm buying has all the pink goodies and so want the underneath sparkly.
Old 03 January 2017, 09:08 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Polybushing will be even better than the sti stuff as the sti stuff uses uprated rubber bushes, poly bushes are stiffer again. However if you are old or a little womanly might be too much for a road car lol
Old 03 January 2017, 12:15 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
Polybushing will be even better than the sti stuff as the sti stuff uses uprated rubber bushes, poly bushes are stiffer again. However if you are old or a little womanly might be too much for a road car lol
Not necessarily, and without driving the same spec car with both setups how can you advise?

I think STi knows better than most aftermarket bush suppliers.

The advantage of pillow ball bearings is that they give no stiction allowing the arms to move more freely hence the suspension works better.
Old 03 January 2017, 12:27 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
Polybushing will be even better than the sti stuff as the sti stuff uses uprated rubber bushes, poly bushes are stiffer again. However if you are old or a little WOMANLY might be too much for a road car lol
Ere banny you getting sexist bro SIS turbohot be coming round to give you a good spanking if you carry on with words like womanly
Old 03 January 2017, 06:46 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by fpan
Not necessarily, and without driving the same spec car with both setups how can you advise?

I think STi knows better than most aftermarket bush suppliers.

The advantage of pillow ball bearings is that they give no stiction allowing the arms to move more freely hence the suspension works better.
True, howeverrrr I have had a fully polybushed car and it was perfect handled and felt exactly how I wanted it to for a 600bhp road car
Old 03 January 2017, 06:47 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ZANY
Ere banny you getting sexist bro SIS turbohot be coming round to give you a good spanking if you carry on with words like womanly
Did someone mention spanking..... I might enjoy that bro