Poor service Import car parts ICP

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2016, 06:49 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Poor service Import car parts ICP

As above really!

Ordered a speedo cable, paid for it etc, but they won't deliver it to my address that I have chosen, only the address that my PayPal is registered too.

Genius, so I need the part to go to my mechanic address's as i am working away, but they won't do that. So after 3 days of to and fro they have refunded me. What an absolute joke, I have never dealt with such a backwards company. In the day and and age you should be able to get a part sent direct to a mechanic!
Old 15 January 2016, 06:59 PM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
As above really!

Ordered a speedo cable, paid for it etc, but they won't deliver it to my address that I have chosen, only the address that my PayPal is registered too.

Genius, so I need the part to go to my mechanic address's as i am working away, but they won't do that. So after 3 days of to and fro they have refunded me. What an absolute joke, I have never dealt with such a backwards company. In the day and and age you should be able to get a part sent direct to a mechanic!
Couldn't you of used a debit card & just got it sent to your mechanic?
Old 15 January 2016, 07:06 PM
Zuber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This day and age with the amount of cyber crime I would say ICP where right in what they have done. Also PayPal only allows you to send to the registered address too. As soon as you mention another delivery address to 99% of companies these days it will be a Big NO you will get and rightfully so!
Old 15 January 2016, 07:30 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Zuber
This day and age with the amount of cyber crime I would say ICP where right in what they have done. Also PayPal only allows you to send to the registered address too. As soon as you mention another delivery address to 99% of companies these days it will be a Big NO you will get and rightfully so!
+1as above PayPal protects the buyer and seller if it weren't for PayPal I would have lost out on iver a grand and I've used icp loads of times for genuine parts delivered no probs
Old 15 January 2016, 07:36 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Pay with debit card and no probs, ive found icp to be one of the best companys to deal with, been using them for years with only one prob a sensor sent wrong which was corrected and new part the next day even before i sent the wrong sensor back to them. Cant get much better than that.
Old 15 January 2016, 08:50 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I had this as I've been delivering parts to garage, and it does say some where, to change adress in PayPal as they will only ship to PayPal adress, must be how they organise it who knows.
But it worked for me if I'm honest.
Old 15 January 2016, 08:51 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

You can store multiple addresses in PayPal and chose them as and when.
Old 15 January 2016, 08:57 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

used them more times than any other supplier on the internet, paid by debit card every time and every time they have delivered to where i work, can't fault ICP paypal on the other hand don't get me started on them money grabbing cvnts
Old 15 January 2016, 09:05 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Simply add your chosen address to your paypal account. If they had done as you ask they were open to a claim of non delivery. If you had gift paid then they could have done it for you. As a mainly internet sales company they will have been subject to fraud many times. The result being sent to verified paypal address only policy.
Old 15 January 2016, 10:01 PM
8ulldog
Scooby Regular

Seems fair to me as Paypal protects both buyer and seller, operating outside of the rules loses them their protection.
Old 15 January 2016, 10:03 PM
lunar tick
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I recently used ICP to source a boot seal for my Hawk Spec C, and found their service to be excellent
Old 15 January 2016, 10:18 PM
imprezagaz
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't fault their service when I've used them. Even cheaper if you go direct to their website. I always have them delivered to my in laws but had to add their address to PayPal
Old 15 January 2016, 10:23 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Can't fault Import car parts,great service and price

As has been said it's not difficult to add an address to your PayPal account,job done.
Old 15 January 2016, 10:36 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Did you change your address to the garages address on payment? As Paypal only covers you if you send to address on paypal payment. So in that case, CP would be correct. Either way i've had only good service from them very helpful, and one of the few companies that replies to there emails.
Old 15 January 2016, 11:08 PM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

As above comments, import car parts I have dealt with loads , they got me stuff from Japan too, sent to work most of the time, always payed with card ,
There service over email and phone has always been spot on and id say one of the best people to buy Subaru parts from,,
Old 16 January 2016, 07:22 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

I'm not going to mess around changing addresses etc it is ridiculous. And considering I buy thousands of items this way and nevery get them sent to the address they are the only people ever to question it.

I also didn't need load of replies with people who are happy with their services, in my opinion theh are crap to deal with. I put it in writing that I want it sent there and it was my risk, in the event of a claim this is all they would need to show PayPal.
Old 16 January 2016, 07:47 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Result??

Basically you just wanted a little cry dude awwww
Old 16 January 2016, 08:01 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZANY
^^^ ^^^

So what did you expect when starting this thread? Loads of people agreeing that ICP give a poor service?? You will struggle to find anyone that agrees with that,so the point that everyone who has posted and saying they do give a great service is totally valid.
Either pay by card or 'mess around' typing an alternative address in your PayPal account lol
Old 16 January 2016, 09:08 AM
ScoobP1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
^^^ ^^^

So what did you expect when starting this thread? Loads of people agreeing that ICP give a poor service?? You will struggle to find anyone that agrees with that,so the point that everyone who has posted and saying they do give a great service is totally valid.
Either pay by card or 'mess around' typing an alternative address in your PayPal account lol
This
Old 16 January 2016, 09:13 AM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
I'm not going to mess around changing addresses etc it is ridiculous. And considering I buy thousands of items this way and nevery get them sent to the address they are the only people ever to question it

I also didn't need load of replies with people who are happy with their services, in my opinion theh are crap to deal with. I put it in writing that I want it sent there and it was my risk, in the event of a claim this is all they would need to show PayPal.
Not sure PayPal would be quite that easy to deal with tbh. Can see a lot of scams from Mr Abdoduwwengo and the likes from Nigeria etc if it was that easy. Who foots the bill when Icp show them an email from Mr Trustworthy Abdoduwwengo promising that it will be fine sending it to such and such address.
Old 16 January 2016, 09:59 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZANY
Awwww thanks for your useful input 💖

Same as any thread on here, all the fan boys come out when someone has anything negative to say..... in my eyes it was a poor experience and dealt with poorly. You may not agree but I think it was pretty crap and felt like ranting about it.

Careful fan boys, don't get your knickers in a twist because someone doesn't agree with you 😂
Old 16 January 2016, 10:06 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Sorry,thought it was someone else getting their panties in a twist
Nothing wrong with been a fan of quality service and parts
Old 16 January 2016, 10:11 AM
Zuber
Scooby Regular

Op, you couldn't be needing the part that urgently or you could have paid by debit card,,job done! But as you now find in society there is plenty folk like you that like to moan about everything,, look at it this way. If someone had stolen your details and used ICP for parts and had them sent to Timbuktu you wouldn't be too happy about it,,would you!
Old 16 January 2016, 10:33 AM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Quote: 'I'm not going to mess around changing addresses etc it is ridiculous. '

Someone said you can add another address to paypal & choose the one you want.If that is too much trouble for you then I'm afraid your on your own.
The Internet is not a magic crystal ball that reads your mind & adjusts itself automatically to your every whim,not yet any way.Its just a machine that can only work on the information fed to it.

The time it has taken you to 'mess around' & post on here by actually typing real letters on a real keyboard could have been spent adding an address to paypal.

Just for the record I have used ICP many times & can't fault them on price or service.
Old 16 January 2016, 10:43 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
Quote: 'I'm not going to mess around changing addresses etc it is ridiculous. '

Someone said you can add another address to paypal & choose the one you want.If that is too much trouble for you then I'm afraid your on your own.
The Internet is not a magic crystal ball that reads your mind & adjusts itself automatically to your every whim,not yet any way.Its just a machine that can only work on the information fed to it.

The time it has taken you to 'mess around' & post on here by actually typing real letters on a real keyboard could have been spent adding an address to paypal.

Just for the record I have used ICP many times & can't fault them on price or service.
Good for you

I'm glad you are happy.

Why should I add multiple addresses to my account every time I need something sent to a mechanic, or garage etc. Ill just use a company that do what I want 👍
Old 16 January 2016, 10:49 AM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

The following users liked this post:
Old 16 January 2016, 11:07 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Just out of interest,where did you get the part from in the end?
Be good to know of other dealers who sell jdm parts.
The one place I've tried in the past,Subaru main dealers are useless when it comes to import cars
Old 16 January 2016, 11:25 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Just out of interest,where did you get the part from in the end?
Be good to know of other dealers who sell jdm parts.
The one place I've tried in the past,Subaru main dealers are useless when it comes to import cars
Ashburton subaru, they are pretty good when it comes to parts for Jdm's. Part number came straight up and they will deliver where ever I want, no hassle, no refunding and repurchasing needed just take my money and post my item where ever I ask first time.

How customer service should be!

And actually I would and should have used ASPerformance. Might hit Alyn up for a spare on Monday and some other bits I need...

Last edited by JGlanzaV; 16 January 2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 16 January 2016, 11:58 AM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yip crap service from them, call late afternoon and get it first thing next morning, too slow and un reliable for me lol
Old 16 January 2016, 07:51 PM
arumdevil
Scooby Regular

I've always found Ashburton subaru good for JDM parts to be fair. They're my local so very handy but I've also had them post parts to me in the past when I've been in France.

As for ICP, also had great dealings with them and they also sent cambelt full kit with tensioners to me in france when my tensioner failed, very quick and helpful.

The only issue I ever had is when I paid extra for something (small, forget what) to be sent next day special delivery, and it took 3 days to arrive. They wouldn't refund me the extra postage telling me I had to speak to RM, but RM will only refund to the sender as they paid for the service. That pissed my right off, to be fair especially as I needed the part in question urgently (hence paying for special delivery).

But other than that they have been top used them for years...

partsouq I've also heard good things about recently though not yet tried them myself. Great prices, crappy UI on their website.

Quick Reply: Poor service Import car parts ICP