Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

subaru sti 2015

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2015, 09:46 AM
neeban
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default subaru sti 2015 who for a map and exhaust ?

Hi people, I'm after a bit of info really, we have a 2015 Subaru sti and to be honest its pretty broing to drive, its quiet and just has no punch in it. So what advice I'm after is where/who to use for a remap and what I can expect increase wise and what you need to change with each stage (injectors etc). Also I'm not to keen on the twin exhaust set up so I was thinking of having a custom system done with just a single rear box to get that distinctive Scooby rumble back?, any info or ideas welcome,

a couple of pics of the car its only done 700 miles,

Name:  DE9E9060-59E4-4E94-97C0-93DD71406461_zpsehrqtbes.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  167.4 KB
Name:  C81A04A4-1FFF-4609-860B-C2F40282EB7A_zpsiac8h9jr.jpg
Size:  185.8 KB

Last edited by neeban; 03 February 2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01 November 2015, 09:53 AM
Lunchmoney
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neeban
...is where/who to use for a remap
Depends where you live and how far you are willing to travel.

what I can expect increase wise and what you need to change with each stage (injectors etc).
Once you have found your mapper it is best to discuss with them about upgrades, as they will be able to advise you based on your target and budget.

...the car its only done 700 miles
You happy to void any kind of warranty you might have? Any mods usually void warranties instantly, so if you have one, and want to keep it, check the small print first.

Last edited by Lunchmoney; 01 November 2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01 November 2015, 09:58 AM
neeban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lunchmoney
Depends where you live and how far you are willing to travel.

Once you have found your mapper it is best to discuss with them about upgrades, as they will be able to advise you based on your target and budget.

You happy to void any kind of warranty you might have? Any mods usually void warranties instantly, so if you have one, and want to keep it, check the small print first.

Not really worried about traveling for the right person to touch the car, as for warranty we know modding the power will void it but that's the chance you take, id rather that than be driving a 30k car that is boring.
Old 01 November 2015, 10:25 AM
stamina_daddy
Scooby Regular

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Not really worried about traveling for the right person to touch the car, as for warranty we know modding the power will void it but that's the chance you take, id rather that than be driving a 30k car that is boring.
Mangolesti subaru were doing upgrades with a remap so that the warranty was still ok.
Maybe spelt it wrong but it's a dealership.
Have a search on the forum.
There is a big thread about it.
Old 01 November 2015, 10:33 AM
neeban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stamina_daddy
Mangolesti subaru were doing upgrades with a remap so that the warranty was still ok.
Maybe spelt it wrong but it's a dealership.
Have a search on the forum.
There is a big thread about it.

Oh is there, strange that because Subaru told us there was no upgrades available apart from an exhaust and they also said they have no relationships with tuners anymore to offer a warrantied power package like they did with pro drive years ago fro example.
Old 01 November 2015, 10:59 AM
stamina_daddy
Scooby Regular

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh is there, strange that because Subaru told us there was no upgrades available apart from an exhaust and they also said they have no relationships with tuners anymore to offer a warrantied power package like they did with pro drive years ago fro example.
It's John @mangoletsi.
I've had a little search but can't find the thread.
Think they were doing the work then giving you there own warranty not subarus
Old 01 November 2015, 11:34 AM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Is Bulldog in Twyford or Maidenhead? If so, and that's your area, pop in and see Len Carlyon at Subaru 4U in Newbury. He'll advise well and honestly, no hidden costs, and uses Bob Rawle for mapping. Put those two guys together, and you're in for one hell of a car.
Old 01 November 2015, 11:43 AM
neeban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
Is Bulldog in Twyford or Maidenhead? If so, and that's your area, pop in and see Len Carlyon at Subaru 4U in Newbury. He'll advise well and honestly, no hidden costs, and uses Bob Rawle for mapping. Put those two guys together, and you're in for one hell of a car.
It was Bulldog we bought it from and that's what they told me, maybe I should contact them again then ?
Old 01 November 2015, 11:45 AM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

What did Bulldog tell you?
Old 01 November 2015, 12:09 PM
neeban
Scooby Regular

They told me what I wrote on my previous post that there was no upgrades available except a 1k exhaust.
Old 01 November 2015, 01:11 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes the new cars are great but absolutely gutless. The 2016 model will probably be the last ones actually built for the UK. The odd "few" they may supply will be Euro models.

If keeping it. And forget warranty

Billet V spec 400 Turbo £2k
Injectors £500
Exhaust £2k
FMIC £1
Remap & fitting £2.5k

£8k

Put by £4K for forged rebuild

£12k

Not cheap and probably only add £3k on value

Tony
Old 01 November 2015, 01:12 PM
Telf
Scooby Regular

Have a chat with John at Mangoletsi, that's where I got mine from. I'd test driven one before, but went up to see him (bad experience at local dealership) to put a deposit down, and went out for a quick test drive in their 340 remapped one.

I think I will get it done soon, he did say some people had had the standard car and come back after 6-12 months to get it done. He said they reported back it was like getting another new car, which is why I thought I'd wait. Going to check the insurance for it when I renew in the next month.
Old 02 November 2015, 11:42 AM
neeban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Telf
Have a chat with John at Mangoletsi, that's where I got mine from. I'd test driven one before, but went up to see him (bad experience at local dealership) to put a deposit down, and went out for a quick test drive in their 340 remapped one.

I think I will get it done soon, he did say some people had had the standard car and come back after 6-12 months to get it done. He said they reported back it was like getting another new car, which is why I thought I'd wait. Going to check the insurance for it when I renew in the next month.
Contacted John, nice guy and very helpful, going to test drive the 340 one next week hopefully so cheers for the info, also waiting on a call back from Bob Rawle.

Also does anyone make a front splitter for the sti to give it a lower look at the front ?

Last edited by neeban; 02 November 2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02 November 2015, 12:06 PM
Telf
Scooby Regular

Speak to John about the front splitter as well. I had mine fitted for when I picked it up.

Or go direct to HT Autos, they do the side and rear bits as well. I've got the extra bits waiting at a bodyshop now waiting to be fitted, but went and broke my ankle so waiting to get driving again, before I can get the car to them.

Name:  WP_20150127_12_35_41_Pro_zps6ba266d6.jpg
Size:  59.8 KB
Old 02 November 2015, 12:18 PM
neeban
Scooby Regular

Cheers Telf ill speak to him about one.
Old 05 November 2015, 08:27 AM
neeban
Scooby Regular

whats peoples thoughts on this intake system ?

http://www.subispeed.com/2015-subaru...i#.VjsSwGAnyUk
Old 11 January 2016, 05:25 PM
neeban
Scooby Regular

Anybody got anymore suggestions on a mapper for the Scooby, we've decided not to use mangoletsi now as the customer service from John has been terrible, no response to emails and won't answer his phone, some other guy always answers and says John is busy and he will get him to ring us and nothing comes of it so fed up chasing them now, if they are this bad when we want to spend money what are they going to be like if and when we need to make a warranty claim! Also want a nice stainless exhaust system for it?
Old 11 January 2016, 05:30 PM
ScoobyDoo69
Scooby Senior

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I test drove the new STi on the weekend and had the same feelings about the power and sound.

I wonder how many on here have had mods done and the difference they have made..?
Old 11 January 2016, 06:35 PM
John Mathewson
Scooby Regular

Invidia Q300 Exhaust,funkypower.com
Old 11 January 2016, 09:37 PM
RobWagonWRX
Scooby Regular

Get to scooby clinic. Got the miltek system and the sound is back! They helped design the system and used it on their development car.

You're looking at £2500ish for Miltek, decat, down pipe and remap. For that you'll get 340ish bhp.

I currently just have the cat back.
Old 12 January 2016, 10:49 AM
neeban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobWagonWRX
Get to scooby clinic. Got the miltek system and the sound is back! They helped design the system and used it on their development car.

You're looking at £2500ish for Miltek, decat, down pipe and remap. For that you'll get 340ish bhp.

I currently just have the cat back.
Can you post a video up of it running on tick over and revving it up ?
Old 03 February 2016, 01:59 PM
neeban
Scooby Regular

Well bit of an update, after all the issues we have had with Mangoletsi we decide to go it alone. Have gone for the Invidia Q300 exhaust system a RCM 340 ltr/ph fuel pump and new spark plugs plus a live map by Bob Rawle. Should hopefully all be completed this month

Quick pic of exhaust,
Name:  A6472BC0-716D-4333-A463-215F83F02B9C_zpsx5bvs0dy.jpg
Size:  45.2 KB
Old 03 February 2016, 04:43 PM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

At 700 miles its barely run I I hope you been driving it gently up untill now.

Engines take time to loosen up and give there full performance I wouldn't be thinking about modding it untill at least double that mileage.

Did anyone notice the 500hp one of these is already on ebay? The one he bought new nodded badly crappy 2.5 went pop then spent a fortune on a full build. Don't do down his route too much power will kill the engine its been written over and over again!
Old 03 February 2016, 04:50 PM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

Does look awesome in black though. This model suits no colour better
Old 03 February 2016, 05:05 PM
neeban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by south_scoob
At 700 miles its barely run I I hope you been driving it gently up untill now.

Engines take time to loosen up and give there full performance I wouldn't be thinking about modding it untill at least double that mileage.

Did anyone notice the 500hp one of these is already on ebay? The one he bought new nodded badly crappy 2.5 went pop then spent a fortune on a full build. Don't do down his route too much power will kill the engine its been written over and over again!
Yes mate it's done just over 2k miles now as been using it more, no we havnt thrashed it because as you say it's tight and new. Power wise we know the ringlands are the weak point of the engine so power wise around 350bhp 380ftlb or there abouts. If it still goes bang then we'll use forged pistons and rods but hopefully it won't come to that as we won't be tracking it and it'll be my dad using it mainly and he doesn't drive it to hard.

Last edited by neeban; 03 February 2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03 February 2016, 05:29 PM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

Cool mate hope it goes well and you get the noise your after!

Its a special car and with the amount they probably will sell defiantly a future classic and one of the meanest looking cars on the road. I've still yet to see one of these models in the wild! I like rarity
Old 03 February 2016, 06:19 PM
neeban
Scooby Regular

Yeah they do seem to be a rare breed don't they, be interesting to know how many they sold in the uk, I've only ever seen one other on the road.
Old 03 February 2016, 07:14 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

car looks awesome cant wait hear about the remap should transform the car
Old 03 February 2016, 10:39 PM
Telf
Scooby Regular

What issues did you have with Mangoletsi?
Old 03 February 2016, 10:41 PM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

I've always wondered sales figures there must have been less and less sold as time went on Imo. E.g more classics then bugs, more bugs then blobs. But then i see quite a few hatches maybe because you can fit a bike in etc.

I still read somewhere in 2003 you couldn't get a blob sti for love no money there was something like a 2 year waiting list or something.

A bit like the new Porsche gt4 if you got one you can sell a £70 car for triple figures!

Will most likely be same with the new focus rs with demand outstripping supply!

Was same when the mini s was first launched with seccind hand cars going for way more then putting your name on the waiting list

Can you walk in a showroom today and collect a 2016 sti I wonder??

Last edited by south_scoob; 03 February 2016 at 10:44 PM.

Quick Reply: subaru sti 2015