Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Wheres my whats it worth thread gone???? Fao mods

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2015, 11:28 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gazzawrx
Come on mate, whats drove the knowledgeable folk away isnt wiw threads, the knowledgeable folk would of answered these sort of posts, whats drove them away is the amount of **** heads that jump on every post trying to belittle people and comment on bad grammer etc
A lot of the more knowledgeable folk were driven away by the very people you claim are belittled. I know a good few posters who were simply fed up with the same questions being asked time and time again, because people were unwilling, it seems, to even try using the search facility, and like it or not, it is frustrating for some members to see threads where it appears no effort has gone into trying to communicate properly. Whilst I don't agree with pulling someone over the coals for not being a great writer, I can fully appreciate members being put off replying, or even pulling someone up, who has come on here to ask for help and expected it, but doesn't have enough respect to even try to write in a semi understandable manner.

As for the original point about WIW threads.... Again, like it or not, they are against the rules and if they are noticed or brought to moderators attention, they will be removed. Of course some are missed as we don't all get a huge amount of time on here every day, which is why we do encourage members to report such threads, so they are quickly highlighted to us. The fact they are against the rules as it stands, will make it highly unlikely that a separate section for them would be set up.

As has been said by other contributors to this thread, the vast majority of said threads are simply sneaky attempts to get around paying to advertise, and quite understandably, this annoys people who either pay, or abide by the rules. As a paying member yourself, do you think it's right if we just allowed non-paying members to post such threads, knowing the chances are, they are just avoiding paying out?

All that said, I can appreciate, to a point, where you are coming from if we are focusing on paying members. However, they are the rules and apply across the board. As has also been mentioned, there is nothing stopping any potential seller looking on the likes of ebay, other forums or even in our For Sale section to get an idea of typical prices for parts etc. You then make the choice of what you'll advertise for. With respect, most members seem to be able to manage putting items up for sale without the need for a WIW thread first.
Old 10 September 2015, 05:03 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
A lot of the more knowledgeable folk were driven away by the very people you claim are belittled. I know a good few posters who were simply fed up with the same questions being asked time and time again, because people were unwilling, it seems, to even try using the search facility, and like it or not, it is frustrating for some members to see threads where it appears no effort has gone into trying to communicate properly. Whilst I don't agree with pulling someone over the coals for not being a great writer, I can fully appreciate members being put off replying, or even pulling someone up, who has come on here to ask for help and expected it, but doesn't have enough respect to even try to write in a semi understandable manner.

As for the original point about WIW threads.... Again, like it or not, they are against the rules and if they are noticed or brought to moderators attention, they will be removed. Of course some are missed as we don't all get a huge amount of time on here every day, which is why we do encourage members to report such threads, so they are quickly highlighted to us. The fact they are against the rules as it stands, will make it highly unlikely that a separate section for them would be set up.

As has been said by other contributors to this thread, the vast majority of said threads are simply sneaky attempts to get around paying to advertise, and quite understandably, this annoys people who either pay, or abide by the rules. As a paying member yourself, do you think it's right if we just allowed non-paying members to post such threads, knowing the chances are, they are just avoiding paying out?

All that said, I can appreciate, to a point, where you are coming from if we are focusing on paying members. However, they are the rules and apply across the board. As has also been mentioned, there is nothing stopping any potential seller looking on the likes of ebay, other forums or even in our For Sale section to get an idea of typical prices for parts etc. You then make the choice of what you'll advertise for. With respect, most members seem to be able to manage putting items up for sale without the need for a WIW thread first.
I can understand what youre saying about people trying it on with sneaky wiw threads but tbh it dosent bother me what they do, it dosent affect me in any way, i pay the fees and abide by the rules, if they choose to take the p1ss then thats down to the mods or admin to pick up on it, but when a paying member makes the thread, then its obviously a genuine thread, if i wanted to sell them i would of just whacked them in the for sale section.

Also ive never noticed in the rules where it states about wiw threads not being allowed and tbh as this is my first one anyway its not like im constantly making new threads about it. Why is it my thread thats been picked up on when i can go through the last 5 pages of this section and see numerous wiw threads without any of this nonsense posted in them?
Old 10 September 2015, 06:30 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Luck of the draw? Or someone RTM'd your thread most likely Gaz.
Old 11 September 2015, 01:17 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by gazzawrx
I can understand what youre saying about people trying it on with sneaky wiw threads but tbh it dosent bother me what they do, it dosent affect me in any way, i pay the fees and abide by the rules, if they choose to take the p1ss then thats down to the mods or admin to pick up on it, but when a paying member makes the thread, then its obviously a genuine thread, if i wanted to sell them i would of just whacked them in the for sale section.

Also ive never noticed in the rules where it states about wiw threads not being allowed and tbh as this is my first one anyway its not like im constantly making new threads about it. Why is it my thread thats been picked up on when i can go through the last 5 pages of this section and see numerous wiw threads without any of this nonsense posted in them?
It's not some get at you thing, just unlucky perhaps?

Anyhow, I am going to revisit this issue with the other mods. I'm the first one to hold my hands up when I'm wrong, and it seems I may have been a bit here. Looking back through the rules and various other For Sale related threads, it appears a ban on WIW threads isn't actually there. I think I've been a bit muddled, as they usually are removed, but that appears to be more when it's non paying members (most likely) avoiding fees.

All that is stipulated regarding sales/prices, is that a price is included in actual adverts, not the likes of 'offers...'.

So, I apologise for my confusion and whilst it's a bit late tonight, I will raise this with the others tomorrow and get a more definite answer. Then, we can all be clear on where we stand with regards to such threads.
Old 11 September 2015, 02:14 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread isn't worth a **** to be fair

Researching prices isn't hard... ebay, pistonheads and snets very own market place. People always know what they want for an item. ..wiw threads are usually started by chancers inviting offers or tight ***** that won't pay to sell stuff. If you put a price up 9/10 times people will tell you what it's not worth anyway

Don't be lazy

Lisa is right good posters have left in number due to fools tools and askholes that already know the answers to their very tedious questions
Old 12 September 2015, 07:35 AM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 53

Researching prices isn't hard... ebay, pistonheads and snets very own market place. People always know what they want for an item. ..wiw threads are usually started by chancers inviting offers or tight ***** that won't pay to sell stuff. If you put a price up 9/10 times people will tell you what it's not worth anyway

Don't be lazy

Lisa is right good posters have left in number due to fools tools and askholes that already know the answers to their very tedious questions
Really! Well it must make this one of your a load of bollocks then, seeing as theyre essentially the same thing https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-suba...-for-sale.html
Its stupid replies like yours that im getting at, why post if youve got nothing constructive to say. My thread isnt worth a **** to you, yet when it was the other way round it was ok for you to make the same thread
Old 12 September 2015, 09:55 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53

Totes init bruv