Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

2.35 build cost

Search this Thread

Old 27 January 2018, 06:10 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Sj, you need to finish your project thread!
And dave, get a project thread done.
Old 27 January 2018, 06:13 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
lol I understand where your coming from, so for better flow, your ported even further on big ports? Heck lol.

I bet you payed the £1200 plus for your cams though? It helps if you know their supplier and don't have the cosworth stamp to bring pice down

Edit- I suppose it helps further to further port on a 2.35 though?
I'm deffo set on a 2.1 but deciding on arrow crank for the reliable redline abuse?
Omega extreme pistons, arrow rods, just unsure of crank.
Those arrow cranks are quality bits of kit so I would stick with that decision,I ordered my cams in from a mate of mine in the States $900 so not to bad.SJ.

Last edited by stonejedi; 27 January 2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 27 January 2018, 06:22 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Sj, you need to finish your project thread!
And dave, get a project thread done.
I just got tired of it mate to much let downs after spending X amount on it...But I have learnt a lot through the experience.I have now started on another build project,turbocharging a Renault Clio 172 phase 2 as i missed my Renault 5 turbo's go kart handling and those Clios handle much better in my opinion no more 3 wheel drifting around corners in the 5,just slowly getting the parts for it now.SJ.
Old 27 January 2018, 07:28 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
Those arrow cranks are quality bits of kit so I would stick with that decision,I ordered my cams in from a mate of mine in the States $900 so not to bad.SJ.
I'm just trying to decide will the arrow crank be 'needed' for my build lol. I do intend to use the arrow extreme rods for the rpm capabilities, .

What was that landed in your hand though?
Old 27 January 2018, 07:37 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

I'm just trying to decide will the arrow crank be 'needed' for my build lol. I do intend to use the arrow extreme rods for the rpm capabilities, .

What was that landed in your hand though?
$900 brought over for me in a good friends shipping barrel,who was importing parts for his company.SJ.
Old 27 January 2018, 07:38 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

I just got tired of it mate to much let downs after spending X amount on it...But I have learnt a lot through the experience.I have now started on another build project,turbocharging a Renault Clio 172 phase 2 as i missed my Renault 5 turbo's go kart handling and those Clios handle much better in my opinion no more 3 wheel drifting around corners in the 5,just slowly getting the parts for it now.SJ.
I hated the drivability of mine, but quite capable car. I see a few turbocharged ones about now, I don't see the point of 'too' much hp in a fwd car tbh. A moderate amount is acceptable but people who put like silly amounts of hp in fwd cars and spend thousands into them is really pointless for me really.
I quite like the quick cheapest idea of the newer clios with the full megane 225 conversion and mapped to around 250hp, quite nippy and fun and still drivable.
Good luck though.

However that mx5 I had was a awesome car to drive, but I hated it to a certain extent to its granny type look, I was going to have that turbod but the cost including ecu with a decent spec would of cost around 4K+ so I gave up on the idea and broke it. But honestly that would of been fun if I had.
Old 27 January 2018, 07:40 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

$900 brought over for me in a good friends shipping barrel,who was importing parts for his company.SJ.
Fecking fraud.
Very similar price to mine then
Old 28 January 2018, 11:34 AM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by domino46
Said earlier in the thread I’m not getting into a debate about my own build ,,I was just surprised at the cost compared to what I’d be willing to pay
Believe what you like but when your building a WRC spec car you need a engine to suit or am I not building that either lol

Not sure what's with the attitude chap, I have no idea what you're building. You must have seriously deep pockets if you're building a proper WRC car though, just the shell work would run into tens of thousands if it's as prodrive did it. Is there a build thread as i'd love to have a read

My point was, to build a complete WRC long block would cost you alot more than half the OP's bill. When you say 'engine' what do you mean, I assume a bare short motor ???
Old 28 January 2018, 11:48 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
Not sure what's with the attitude chap, I have no idea what you're building. You must have seriously deep pockets if you're building a proper WRC car though, just the shell work would run into tens of thousands if it's as prodrive did it. Is there a build thread as i'd love to have a read

My point was, to build a complete WRC long block would cost you alot more than half the OP's bill. When you say 'engine' what do you mean, I assume a bare short motor ???
been thought it to many times with people to go though the ins and outs of what I spend on my motors but yeah a proper WRC car isn't cheap to build and takes a lot of time and effort , been building it for around 5 years now and has had more money spent on it than id care to count (could pay the house off put it that way) , without trying to offend anyone my 4 hubs prob cost more than most of peoples standard Subarus so I know exactly what its going to cost to finish

when I say engine I mean a long engine ready to put your bits on an fire up