ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Fibreglass foglight covers - learnt my lesson

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2014, 02:55 PM
ndh01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fibreglass foglight covers - learnt my lesson

Can anybody advise what to do with (and I think the answers to this should be hilarious) two replica fibreglass foglight covers which I have just received and which won't fit my car. By that, has anybody had any success (I'd say cheap, but they cost £130) fitting these to their cars yet? My car - '03 blob, item suited to fit 03-06. Fleebay. No returns policy.
Feel free to lambast all you like. I'm an idiot. And now, a poorer one to boot.
Lambast first, but quality advice also gratefully accepted. Going to Extreme Scoobies for service thursday. Perhaps he can work the magic. Or just laugh a lot.

Last edited by ndh01; 24 May 2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 24 May 2014, 03:12 PM
barnshaw
Scooby Regular

thats a bummer mate, but why spend so much when normal ones can be had much cheaper?

How can they have a no returns when the item does not physically fit? if you paid paypal open a dispute if they are being unhelpful
Old 24 May 2014, 03:21 PM
ndh01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by barnshaw
but why spend so much when normal ones can be had much cheaper?
I have seen OEM pairs for £160, and stupidly thought that because 'replica' and 'fibreglass' didn't appear in either the title or the description I would take a punt. What is the best price you have seen if I might ask, painted and ready to fit?
Old 24 May 2014, 03:26 PM
barnshaw
Scooby Regular

seen secondhand ones for as little as 60 quid, even if wrong colour they are easy enough to repaint! least you know its a decent fit.
Old 24 May 2014, 03:33 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

If not as described of course you can return them. Open a return case with EBAY
Old 24 May 2014, 04:52 PM
Saffy
Scooby Newbie

Not fit for purpose - open a dispute and you will win, play it right and you will get to both keep item and get a full refund via ebay buyer protection. Worse case is that you pay return postage cost and then have pursue refund of postage costs.

Last edited by Saffy; 24 May 2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 24 May 2014, 05:03 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Why would you want to take a refund and keep the goods? How unfair would that be to the seller?
Old 24 May 2014, 05:05 PM
ndh01
Scooby Regular

I've been advised by the seller (who's being very communicative to his credit) that they are not supposed to fit flush and that it's worth adding some sealant to keep them in place. Original fog cover shroud 1st, replica 2nd[IMG][/IMG]
Old 24 May 2014, 05:10 PM
Saffy
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by scubbay
Why would you want to take a refund and keep the goods? How unfair would that be to the seller?
Depending on situation eBay will settle a dispute by letting the seller keep the original payment but will also refunds the buyer without the need of returning the item. Buyer/Seller protection scheme. This can and is regularly exploited, especially if you knowingly purchasing items that are fake and then kick up a stink - can stand ground stating you wont return illegal counterfeits, ebay will issue refund regardless... at their discretion they will also let seller keep original payment. Also always appeal cases that don't first settle your way.

Last edited by Saffy; 24 May 2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 24 May 2014, 06:30 PM
PADDYHOEY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saffy
Depending on situation eBay will settle a dispute by letting the seller keep the original payment but will also refunds the buyer without the need of returning the item. Buyer/Seller protection scheme. This can and is regularly exploited, especially if you knowingly purchasing items that are fake and then kick up a stink - can stand ground stating you wont return illegal counterfeits, ebay will issue refund regardless... at their discretion they will also let seller keep original payment. Also always appeal cases that don't first settle your way.

Obviously a ebay scammer here !!!

******* makes my blood boil these scamming twatts !

We regularly get fukced over by these lowlifes !!
Old 24 May 2014, 06:38 PM
Saffy
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by PADDYHOEY
Obviously a ebay scammer here !!!

******* makes my blood boil these scamming twatts !

We regularly get fukced over by these lowlifes !!
Yeah OBVIOUSLY ... ****, who made you judge and executioner? I work for a top rated e-trader and we see every type of ploy that cuntomer's pull with ebay/paypal/amazon/cc compaines and I am relaying my experience having dealt with my fair share of RMA's. Go fck yourself.

Last edited by Saffy; 24 May 2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 24 May 2014, 06:54 PM
ndh01
Scooby Regular

Seller has agreed a refund after an afternoon of e-mails and video. Consider the case closed and thanks for all your input. Now, has anybody got some `REAL' ones?
Old 24 May 2014, 07:00 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ndh01
Seller has agreed a refund after an afternoon of e-mails and video. Consider the case closed and thanks for all your input. Now, has anybody got some `REAL' ones?
Ive bought a set from the Subaru dealers years ago, and you get them colour coded to your car, and im pretty sure there cheap!!

If not then Scoobyparts do them here for £169 and there coloured coded to your car and come with stickers!!
http://www.scoobyparts.com/acatalog/...S_-_03FLC.html
Old 24 May 2014, 07:21 PM
PADDYHOEY
Scooby Regular

Yeah OBVIOUSLY ... ****, who made you judge and executioner? I work for a top rated e-trader and we see every type of ploy that cuntomer's pull with ebay/paypal/amazon/cc compaines and I am relaying my experience having dealt with my fair share of RMA's. Go fck yourself.
If you really was in a position as you say you are ! You would not share such information on a public forum, nor get abusive !! You've been rumbled you lowlife scammer !
Old 24 May 2014, 07:21 PM
jonnyricer2
Scooby Regular

Should of gone to matty!!
Old 24 May 2014, 07:23 PM
Saffy
Scooby Newbie

If you really was in a position as you say you are ! You would not share such information on a public forum, nor get abusive !! You've been rumbled you lowlife scammer !
lol troll on you clueless nerk. Such things are public knowledge, it is you that is ignorant. Don't give up your day job Miss Marple.

Last edited by Saffy; 24 May 2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 24 May 2014, 08:01 PM
marco58
Scooby Regular

lol troll on you clueless nerk. Such things are public knowledge, it is you that is ignorant. Don't give up your day job Miss Marple.
Why do you have to edit all your posts?Do you have problems with your spelling, jog on mate you are not wanted here!!!!!!!
Old 24 May 2014, 08:27 PM
PADDYHOEY
Scooby Regular

Lowlife ! Nuff said !!
Old 26 May 2014, 04:04 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

er... I'm sure I bought a pair from Subaru for 35 quid each side 5-6 years ago???

I'd suggest contacting Subaru first to see how much they charge for them, you might be paying more than you need to

Give them the reg number of an STI, as otherwise they probably will not find the part.
Old 26 May 2014, 04:57 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

A measured and educated response.
Old 26 May 2014, 05:41 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the next time the op wants something he posts on here first and we can advise him
Thats what the forum is for

As for the disgruntled 20 post newby seller / buyer / scammer
Well I think we have witnessed what he is like quite early on in his scoobynet history

Well ....
Old 26 May 2014, 06:08 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
Maybe the next time the op wants something he posts on here first and we can advise him
Thats what the forum is for

As for the disgruntled 20 post newby seller / buyer / scammer
Well I think we have witnessed what he is like quite early on in his scoobynet history

Well ....
I disagree john, after taking some abuse for just giving advice he explained why he knew what he did. I see how paddy came to the conclusion that he did but once explained he should of been a man about it then swallowed his pride and apologized.
Old 26 May 2014, 06:22 PM
PADDYHOEY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris j t
I disagree john, after taking some abuse for just giving advice he explained why he knew what he did. I see how paddy came to the conclusion that he did but once explained he should of been a man about it then swallowed his pride and apologized.

If I thought he was genuine, I'd be the first to apologise. Judging by his text slang and abusive attitude "which is not the attitude of a professional e trader !! )
I will stand by my conclusion !
Old 26 May 2014, 06:40 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

If I thought he was genuine, I'd be the first to apologise. Judging by his text slang and abusive attitude "which is not the attitude of a professional e trader !! )
I will stand by my conclusion !
I must admit, I am not very good at reading people online so I tend to give everybody the benefit of the doubt. I didn't even know trolls existed till the other day but I still think you could of gone in a bit softer when accusing him. Although I have to say for all I know you could be right.
Old 26 May 2014, 06:49 PM
ndh01
Scooby Regular

Thanks Henrik, that's very useful advice. I'll chat to Subaru this week.,

Last edited by ndh01; 26 May 2014 at 06:52 PM.