Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2016, 05:54 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Wishful thinking on my behalf I guess
Looks like a fresh start for me then.
To be honest mate, I asked all the same questions you did. I tried every possible scenario and way out of it.

Alan and Martyn were very patient with me and went through it all many times.

Ultimately it came down to - we are going to beat the **** out of these engines. You spend thousands on shiny new bits and putting it all together etc. To reuse one (in the grand scheme of things) cheap part that could cause thousands of pounds of damage to all your new bits and land you right back at square one.

It's just not worth the risk to try and reuse them. Especially as you can't 100% identify the cause of the failure.

It's quite a common problem with pistons and pins flexing, I know of 2 other failures other than mine locally....
Old 10 June 2016, 06:25 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Need to get my meth map done!
Old 13 August 2016, 03:56 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Old 13 August 2016, 06:04 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did she make mate
Old 17 August 2016, 04:38 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Old 18 August 2016, 06:02 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Old 28 August 2016, 02:56 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

https://youtu.be/0LvLP3p7bWQ
Old 28 August 2016, 02:57 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LvLP3p7bWQ
Old 28 August 2016, 04:14 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Awesome read from start to finish
Old 29 August 2016, 12:54 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Sound testing, it was touch and go passing the test, 99.9DB!

Engine Tuner 2.1's going at it on track

Poo.5 flagging behind....

Old 01 September 2016, 06:49 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Old 02 September 2016, 12:15 AM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Some good **** right there mate
Old 04 September 2016, 12:25 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Thanks Dorian, It was an excellent day out!

I am debating wether to retire the car for the year now and start my winter project or wether to go for the last event at smeatharpe....
Old 24 September 2016, 11:51 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Well after someone is claiming to be undefeated at the local drag racing series i have decided to do the next event just to **** on their fire works haha.

Then its off the road for my hub conversion and wheels etc
Old 10 October 2016, 11:46 AM
CMSSCOOB
Scooby Regular

Saw your car in action on Saturday chap, very cool it certainly heaves down the strip... what power are you running in it?

Was really hoping Martyn was going to dip under the 10 second mark but I don't think he quite got there!
Old 10 October 2016, 03:34 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CMSSCOOB
Saw your car in action on Saturday chap, very cool it certainly heaves down the strip... what power are you running in it?

Was really hoping Martyn was going to dip under the 10 second mark but I don't think he quite got there!
Thanks mate, We were really struggling on saturday with the car, i was hoping to dip into the 10s. The car definitely has it in it but i just wasnt in the game!

Martyn was struggling too on the day and his bestvwas a 10.3 before he broke it i believe!

Power wise on saturday it should have been 530ish. As we had a splash of meth in the tank... Were you racing?
Old 11 October 2016, 10:00 AM
CMSSCOOB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Thanks mate, We were really struggling on saturday with the car, i was hoping to dip into the 10s. The car definitely has it in it but i just wasnt in the game!

Martyn was struggling too on the day and his bestvwas a 10.3 before he broke it i believe!

Power wise on saturday it should have been 530ish. As we had a splash of meth in the tank... Were you racing?
I saw you giving one of the GTR's a good run... one the green one's I think?!

Even if you were struggling mate it still looked very impressive, I didn't realise Martyn broke his though ...

No I wasn't racing mate I came with a few friends... not sure if you saw the huge black dodge ram in front of somerset scoobies... I came in that!! Might bring my car next time... only running 330 ish so I'd be interested to see what times are achievable!! Will make sure I introduce myself next time
Old 11 October 2016, 06:25 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

I saw you giving one of the GTR's a good run... one the green one's I think?!

Even if you were struggling mate it still looked very impressive, I didn't realise Martyn broke his though ...

No I wasn't racing mate I came with a few friends... not sure if you saw the huge black dodge ram in front of somerset scoobies... I came in that!! Might bring my car next time... only running 330 ish so I'd be interested to see what times are achievable!! Will make sure I introduce myself next time

Yes I saw it. I was parked infront of you!

So in reality I dont like you. Youre responsible for costing me a fortune haha!!!! My mrs has always wanted me to get a truck and after seeing yours shes worse than ever!

It looks ace though, inreally like it.

Yeah the green one, over 1000bhp. Computers can help all you like doesnt matter if you cant drive lol! He smashed me at the end of the run though. Always welcome to come over and have a chat.

Get itbup the strip its good fun and a cheap day out too....
Old 11 October 2016, 06:55 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Nice one j
Old 12 October 2016, 08:31 AM
CMSSCOOB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Yes I saw it. I was parked infront of you!

So in reality I dont like you. Youre responsible for costing me a fortune haha!!!! My mrs has always wanted me to get a truck and after seeing yours shes worse than ever!

It looks ace though, inreally like it.

Yeah the green one, over 1000bhp. Computers can help all you like doesnt matter if you cant drive lol! He smashed me at the end of the run though. Always welcome to come over and have a chat.

Get itbup the strip its good fun and a cheap day out too....
Sorry mate I meant the truck is owned by a friend of mine, we just came down it lol but I will pass on your comments!!! It's pretty serious we were trying to get him to take it up the strip... 6.7L Cummings diesel lump with a tuning box meant to be over 600bhp on the max setting and it seriously does move!

I might come up to the next meet if it's dry, ideally I'm trying to wait until it stops being my daily, which will hopefully be quite soon. Will be in touch mate
Old 15 October 2016, 07:48 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO
Nice one j
Thanks mate!

Sorry mate I meant the truck is owned by a friend of mine, we just came down it lol but I will pass on your comments!!! It's pretty serious we were trying to get him to take it up the strip... 6.7L Cummings diesel lump with a tuning box meant to be over 600bhp on the max setting and it seriously does move!

I might come up to the next meet if it's dry, ideally I'm trying to wait until it stops being my daily, which will hopefully be quite soon. Will be in touch mate
Happy days, yeah its definitely fun, but obviously always the risk of breaking something!

Overall I wasnt very impressed on the day, I dont know what was wrong, but it just wasnt coming together for me on the day, the car didnt feel right, but I cant put my finger on what it was... I changed so much on the car recently and something just isnt working with the car as it is.

It didnt matter what pressures I ran, or what settings on the coil overs I couldnt stop wheel spin even with my treated slicks at 15 psi I was still lighting up all 4....!

So I need to go back and have a real think and some research and see what isnt working for me, my 60ft times were 3/10ths down on where they should be with stickier tyres and coilovers that were actually working!

I may let Martyn have a blast in it next time out and see what he thinks as I cant fathom it!
Old 15 October 2016, 08:24 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Not a bad headache to have bud car sounds like a beast
Old 15 October 2016, 08:43 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO
Not a bad headache to have bud car sounds like a beast
Thanks, thinking about it, i think the problem is the launch control, dor the last year I have been launching manually at consistent 1.70 60fts.

Like 7 out of 8 runs were 1.7* 60ft times with manual launch at perranporth last time out. Put launch control on and i was doing 1.9s!

I tried manual launches but the ecu kept taking over and limiting my revs....
Old 19 October 2016, 11:49 AM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner Plymouth for 4wd RR Mapping Apexi Ecutek Alcatek Proper Garage More than just a laptop!
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Was a **** day to be fair, gear selection issues which have plagued me since swapping to this box were evident all day. We've now removed it and sent it for rebuild so let's hope it's dry on November 12th.
Managed a 10.23 best with a 1.60 60ft prior to breaking a shaft (first one in 9 years of competing) still brought home Fastest competition car and fastest 60ft trophies.

Still working on the extra injector firmware so I can put the NOS back on and show those Skylines that it ain't all about money
Old 19 October 2016, 01:02 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MartynJ
Was a **** day to be fair, gear selection issues which have plagued me since swapping to this box were evident all day. We've now removed it and sent it for rebuild so let's hope it's dry on November 12th.
Managed a 10.23 best with a 1.60 60ft prior to breaking a shaft (first one in 9 years of competing) still brought home Fastest competition car and fastest 60ft trophies.

Still working on the extra injector firmware so I can put the NOS back on and show those Skylines that it ain't all about money
Good stuff.

Is it just because the ecu wasnt designed to run a set up like that?

There were some goodn60ft times going down so I think mine was a set up issue....

Ill bring it in one day as im off for 3 weeks now as i want the launch control turned off or put on a switch....
Old 24 October 2016, 09:38 AM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner Plymouth for 4wd RR Mapping Apexi Ecutek Alcatek Proper Garage More than just a laptop!
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the ecu was always designed with 4 injector ouputs only so we're trying to adapt it for my situation. There's more complexities to it than you'd think especially as my extra injectors aren't placed directly above the existing ones.
We're getting there with testing it just needs a little refining to get it working the way I want it to.
Old 24 October 2016, 09:49 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MartynJ
Yes the ecu was always designed with 4 injector ouputs only so we're trying to adapt it for my situation. There's more complexities to it than you'd think especially as my extra injectors aren't placed directly above the existing ones.
We're getting there with testing it just needs a little refining to get it working the way I want it to.
Different is ALWAYS best, maybe mot the route of least resistance, but its always worth it in the end.

There is no point doing anything that everyone else is doing.

Now it would probably be easier to go with syvecs right?
Old 24 October 2016, 03:55 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Picked up my new wheels at the weekend...

5x114 oem enkeis.....

Good condition, perfect for spares and track days
Old 29 October 2016, 11:08 PM
cornishlad
Scooby Newbie

Just read through the whole build thread, it's quite a monster you've created, look forward to seeing it in action at some point!

Loving all the DIY efforts, makes it very rewarding when it all comes together!
Old 30 October 2016, 08:17 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cornishlad
Just read through the whole build thread, it's quite a monster you've created, look forward to seeing it in action at some point!

Loving all the DIY efforts, makes it very rewarding when it all comes together!
Thanks, its been alot of hard work, and its not over yet!

Diy is the fun bit, although im not sure i would bother if i didnt have a ramp etc!

Quick Reply: My Classic scoob...