Notices
Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

Hill Climb and Sprint RA Project thread eventually

Old 30 July 2017, 10:14 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Arch
It has now been confirmed 100% that the issues I had with the car at rounds 3 and 4 of Super Lap Scotland will not be fixed in time for rounds 4 and 5. It was always my intention to break the car, and possibly retire myself, at the end of this year but given the scenario with points and the fact the car is already in bits it seems logical to bring that decision forward and break the car now. I will therefore start breaking the car next week and will get an inventory of parts that will be for sale done over the next few days and post it in the usual forums and groups. I would like to thank Graeme Jeram at Whiteline, Alyn Stockton at AS Performance, Andy Forrest at AFP, Simon Stanley at Chevron Motorsport, Steve Whitson at SW Motorsport, Lee Owen at Owen Developments, James Oliver at Racinglines, John Stevenson, Bob Moyes, John Stewart at Flat Out Photography, Rab Waters, Graeme Bremner, David Reid (Scottish Sprints), Scott Sheridan, Lesley Sheridan and last but definately not least my two sons David Bain and Steven Bain for all the help and assistance over the last 12 years. The good thing is I look forward to continue working with most, if not all, with a new project I have planned.

Sorry to hear this Arch as I know you have put a lot of time and money into the car on the bright side sounds like you have another project planned.
Old 31 July 2017, 08:55 AM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best of wishes on-going Arch and as always will be happy to assist in whatever the futute holds.........
Old 10 June 2019, 12:01 AM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow bit of nostalgia almost 2 years since I took the decision to break the car.