Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

Subaru Legacy 1992 makeover.

Search this Thread

Old 25 December 2017, 11:01 AM
KennyNZ
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru Legacy 1992 makeover.

So this will definitely be a bit of a long term project but am already loving her. This is the first car i'v brought with my own money and what better to buy than a good old Subaru Legacy GX 1992. Running a Flat 4 EJ22, 2.2L, non turbo and FWD.(no im not an expert :P)

My Long term goal is to have it looking like an RS legacy on a budget. Along with that have an rally feel to it... Mainly Rothmans/555 decals ect ect.

So brought this off an local website for $750 NZD, spent a good 6 hours to go pick it up. Has done roughly 450,000 kms but very well maintained with exception to a few dents. So it made its 3 hour maiden voyage back without missing a beat! Turing heads going through towns with its near straight pipe, definitely a lot of fun. It will now spend a few weeks in the shed getting some love, it is basically near stock.

Sorry for the bad Iphone photos will have better pics soon. (The day I brought it 23/12/2017.) My mates 96 Celica.

In my shed and ready for my atac.

The look im going to try go for. (Subaru Legacy RS 1992)

So the next day I took the wing off and mudflaps.. Might put the flaps back on they do look pretty nice and retro. Did some other small things but took a lot of time to think what I should do to it!

You can kinda see the look im going for anyway, thought I would start the thread and continue it on.

My short term goals - Front RS bumper?
Lowered springs
Scooby gold rims
Hood scoop (
for my huge turbo that does not live in my engine bay )

Will add more goals soon...

If you have any suggestions please let me know, for the engine I don't have big plans yet so let me know what can be done with an EJ22 non turbo .