Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! You have made a fair bit of progress in a short space of time
Old 05 September 2017, 06:59 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martianwrx
Nice! You have made a fair bit of progress in a short space of time
Thanks. Its getting there. Im just waiting for parts to turn up now so hopefully can try and get it started. Then its just brakes diff and spraying of new bumper spoilers and scoops.

Im certainly looking forward to that noise again
Old 16 September 2017, 11:08 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

So currently waiting for and adaptor plate to be made up for the icv. Put the engine almost back together and fitted bilstein front lowering springs and shocks. Started removing the diff for the diff change and also fitted the rear shocks too.
Old 18 September 2017, 10:29 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

Quick update. Fitted the rear bilstein struts and springs. Also changed the diff over. The adaptor plate for the throttle body should be with us for the weekend. So hopefully have it started next weekend.

Old 21 September 2017, 05:40 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

So turns out I need to change the looms over. Gonna upgrade the dash to as I prefer the newer dash. But here is a pic of how she sits now
Old 24 September 2017, 07:41 AM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

So having learnt I have now got to change the looms it's been a busy weekend and couple of days. Dash board has had to come out. Getting there slowly and it is slowly too

Old 24 September 2017, 02:11 PM
Martianwrx
Scooby Regular

Your doing well bud
I would cry if i had to mess with the loom
I have just bought some of the door cards you have in your wagon, I will fit them in a bit after a cup of coffee, mine are a right state though, mud on them and the white is a dark brown, loads of cleaning to do first, never mind got them for a tenner so .
Once i have the car mapped i will be looking for a shock and spring set, its nice to see how it will sit, looks good, Im guessing the bilsteins will still give you a nice ride over roughish roads at speed compared to coilovers.
Old 24 September 2017, 02:37 PM
Martianwrx
Scooby Regular

If you are interested whilst you have space in your engine bay, get some virusol off ebay put some neat in a spray bottle and get a bucket with cold water and a dustpan brush, spray some virusol on a dirty area and watch the dirt just run off. Wash the area with the cold water and brush and its so satisfying to see the difference.
I forgot to take a before and after pictures so they are all during cleaning.

Sorry to thread hijack, I just found it so much easier to clean while things were already out of the engine bay or off the car, and it can be used on anything you need to clean. And just for anyone wondering no i dont have anything to do with virusol, I was just blown away with how cheap it was and how fast acting on dirt I had spent ages scrubbing with other cleaners.

Last edited by Martianwrx; 25 September 2017 at 09:31 PM. Reason: photo bucket wouldnt show the pictures
Old 24 September 2017, 10:04 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

If you are interested whilst you have space in your engine bay, get some virusol off ebay put some neat in a spray bottle and get a bucket with cold water and a dustpan brush, spray some virusol on a dirty area and watch the dirt just run off. Wash the area with the cold water and brush and its so satisfying to see the difference.
I forgot to take a before and after, I started here behind the intercooler and then took the photo I was so impressed.

Again I forgot to do a before and after so this is a during.

Sorry to thread hijack, I just found it so much easier to clean while things were already out of the engine bay or off the car, and it can be used on anything you need to clean. And just for anyone wondering no i dont have anything to do with virusol, I was just blown away with how cheap it was and how fast acting on dirt I had spent ages scrubbing with other cleaners.

I will have to grab some of that. I can't see the pictures but I have always wondered how to get it clean. I wanted to do it whilst the engine was out but my gfs dad doesn't see things like that and wanted to get the engine in so he could have his tea. The loom is a proper mind game. I don't know whether to try and make the looms in the door cards fit or buy new door cards and door looms.

replaced the engine bay looms today need to replace the a few things in the engine. Got the rest of the other loom out now need to work out how to remove the Clifford as that's tangled around everything.
Old 25 September 2017, 09:38 PM
Martianwrx
Scooby Regular

You can see the pictures now. Still some work to do but its a good start.

I wanted to do it whilst the engine was out but my gfs dad doesn't see things like that and wanted to get the engine in so he could have his tea.
Yeah I get that, i use my parents drive for working on my car and my dad hates it. Its in the way, things dont go as planned, it leaks oil etc

I don't know whether to try and make the looms in the door cards fit or buy new door cards and door looms.

replaced the engine bay looms today need to replace the a few things in the engine. Got the rest of the other loom out now need to work out how to remove the Clifford as that's tangled around everything.
Pffft your on your own there bud, I have no idea

Hope you figure it out though!
Old 26 September 2017, 09:28 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

You can see the pictures now. Still some work to do but its a good start.

Yeah I get that, i use my parents drive for working on my car and my dad hates it. Its in the way, things dont go as planned, it leaks oil etc

Pffft your on your own there bud, I have no idea

Hope you figure it out though!
yeah i can see them now. looks like its done an amazing job. definitely need to get some.

I ve got someone to come and remove the alarm at the weekend and hopefully help us do some wiring. Means i can concentrate on making the facelift dash fit.

accidentally split the top of my head open sunday on a garage door so need to catch up on wrapping and getting prices to send some bits off.
Old 27 September 2017, 08:20 PM
YorkieWRX
Scooby Newbie

Nice looking wagon dude! Nice to see projects like this. I myself am looking at getting a 2000 turbo but can't decide on a wagon or a saloon!
Old 28 September 2017, 07:55 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by YorkieWRX
Nice looking wagon dude! Nice to see projects like this. I myself am looking at getting a 2000 turbo but can't decide on a wagon or a saloon!
Thanks. i am not gonna lie i do miss the saloon shape especially with the big wing on the back. But im lucky enough to have found the sti bigger wings to go on the back of this wagon. Just need to spray them up. then fit them hopefully will finish the cars styling off then.

Good luck with your search for a 2000 turbo.
Old 28 September 2017, 08:18 PM
YorkieWRX
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Harris classic
Thanks. i am not gonna lie i do miss the saloon shape especially with the big wing on the back. But im lucky enough to have found the sti bigger wings to go on the back of this wagon. Just need to spray them up. then fit them hopefully will finish the cars styling off then.

Cheers man, going to be setting my self a budget of £3500-4k next spring to get one. Hopefully get a rust free one!
Old 28 September 2017, 10:45 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Marts got the bigger wings for his wagon. Just need spraying and fitting.

Old 01 October 2017, 09:13 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

Cheers man, going to be setting my self a budget of £3500-4k next spring to get one. Hopefully get a rust free one!
Thats a nice budget should be able to pick a nice rust free one up for that.
Old 01 October 2017, 09:15 PM
YorkieWRX
Scooby Newbie

Thats a nice budget should be able to pick a nice rust free one up for that.
Cheers mate, not sure whether to get a wagon or a saloon haha.
Old 01 October 2017, 09:16 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Marts got the bigger wings for his wagon. Just need spraying and fitting.
They should make quite a bit of difference to the styling. Ive got a nice bumper with a splitter too to go on. Also think its minus the washer jets too. Need to get it all sprayed up first.
Old 01 October 2017, 09:32 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

a few pictures of progress this weekend.

had the clifford removed which helped me untangle the wiring so i could tell a lot easier what went where. also started to put the intercooler pipes back on. stopped as found the speed sensor has been damaged so requires a new one and also the found the clutch slave cylinder knackered. So will have to replace that too.

As for the rest of the weekend it was spent wiring up. almost completed now just need to wire up the top brake light switch because the plugs were different. but the car is finally being put back together.

installed the abs pump from the old car as the wiring was different. didn't change the pipes just moved the pump to fit.

Old 01 October 2017, 09:34 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate, not sure whether to get a wagon or a saloon haha.
thats a tough choice right there.
Old 12 October 2017, 11:10 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

So last weekend I managed to sort some of the wiring out and fit a few bits intercooler etc. Almost had it started until I noticed some oil leaking from the car. Turned out it was the oil return pipe that was split. So spent the last few days repairing that.
Some pics of progress.

Old 23 October 2017, 02:31 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Your doing well, like Mart said that wiring would make me cry. Just helped Mart do his up pipe and TD05. He never wrapped his though.
Old 23 October 2017, 09:03 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Your doing well, like Mart said that wiring would make me cry. Just helped Mart do his up pipe and TD05. He never wrapped his though.
thanks. Managed to get it started this weekend. After no power going to the fuel pump found a black a yellow wire had been cut. Managed to find a bit of wire and make it fit soldered it on. Then had another fuel line burst (the only one I didn't replace). Then a hole in the radiator. After we replaced all those things, we managed to get rear driveshafts in and fill the rear diff up with oil. I've run wire for the gauges just need to wire them in and find the bulbs for the instrument clusters. Had a search on here but the ones I brought were wrong. No real pictures taken this weekend though that's a bit of a shame.

Offered in the new seats too which I didn't realise sit too high in a classic so I'm gonna sell these and find someone to re-upholstery mine.
Old 24 October 2017, 06:35 AM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great work! Really enjoying the thread.
Old 24 October 2017, 07:17 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cambs_Stuart
Great work! Really enjoying the thread.
thanks Stuart. There has been plenty of times when I've been well over my head and it's been a massive learning curve. Never taken on a project so big before.
Old 28 October 2017, 02:57 PM
Martianwrx
Scooby Regular

That was a lot of hard work dude! Well done

Cant wait to see it going, what power are you looking for from that turbo?

Just had mine mapped thursday, pretty standard, just the yellow injectors, newage coilpacks, 3bar map sensor, td05, greddy up pipe and got 310, I was told i was limited by my standard intercooler. But to be honest right now im well happy with what i have, down the line we will have to see.

My next plan is fit all the mods and body bits i have stored around the house and sort paint and rust issues.

Any ideas whats on your list after you get it running and mapped?
Old 28 October 2017, 11:24 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

That was a lot of hard work dude! Well done

Cant wait to see it going, what power are you looking for from that turbo?

Just had mine mapped thursday, pretty standard, just the yellow injectors, newage coilpacks, 3bar map sensor, td05, greddy up pipe and got 310, I was told i was limited by my standard intercooler. But to be honest right now im well happy with what i have, down the line we will have to see.

My next plan is fit all the mods and body bits i have stored around the house and sort paint and rust issues.

Any ideas whats on your list after you get it running and mapped?

Thanks. I am hoping for around 330 to 340bhp. The ecu has already been mapped by Bob Rawle with all the mods. Just need to get it on the dynoed when it's done.

Nice man 310 is a nice figure. I bet you're enjoying driving it.

Yeah I've got loads of bits still around the house to go on.

next is try and and get the front seat re-upholstered and sort out a few bits of bodywork.

fitted facelift door looms and door cards today

Old 29 October 2017, 06:48 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

So today was just putting the interior back in. Starting to look like a car on the inside again.

Old 30 October 2017, 01:08 PM
Fishbowlhead
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you start a project you really mean it Harris Classic. I doff my cap to you sir.

Last edited by Fishbowlhead; 30 October 2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 30 October 2017, 06:37 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fishbowlhead
When you start a project you really mean it Harris Classic. I doff my carp to you sir.
Thanks, yeah it has turned into a bit of a bigger and bigger project. It is getting there slowly gonna be even slower now the clocks have gone back.