Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Pulsar GTiR For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2005, 07:12 PM
MrMischief
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pulsar GTiR For Sale

1993 K-reg Nissan Pulsar GTiR
MOT until Nov 2005
Tax til March 2005

Please Note : Steering Wheel & Gear K *** not included in sale.

2.0 litre Turbo 4 wheel drive
Imported October 2003
Black
Electric windows/mirrors
Climate control aircon
68k miles
Serviced every 4500 miles & maintained regardless of cost

Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser
7x15" O.Z. Superturismo's (white)
Yokohama A539's (6mm minimum tread)
Helix Organic clutch (4000 miles old)
Mongoose exhaust (2.5" decat system with 4" tailpipe)
FET Turbo Timer
A'pexi AVC-R
K&N induction kit
Forge Oil Separator
Denso Iridium plugs
Magnecor KV85 competition leads
Nismo Strut Braces
GAB adjustable suspension
Powerflex bushes (front)
Whiteline castor kit
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Hi-Spec 285mm big brake conversion (grooved)
Mintex 1144 pads
Steve Pudney clutch pedal strengthening bracket

Optional Alpine head unit/cd changer/sub/amp

Estimated 310bhp/270lbft.
1/4 mile 12.6s @ 107mph
60ft in 1.55s

Selling due to new house purchase

£5500 ono

Please PM me with SERIOUS offers only.
Steve

Last edited by MrMischief; 10 January 2005 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10 January 2005, 05:55 PM
MrMischief
Scooby Newbie

Wink

It's got to go as I have a nice new car waiting for me now...and also another house

I'm open to offers...

BTTT

Cheers
Steve
Old 10 January 2005, 06:03 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amm...how is the buyer spose to drive the car away without a steering wheel...
Old 10 January 2005, 06:40 PM
expulsar gtir
Scooby Regular

with them mods you put down ........no way is it 310bhp have you got forge pistons ?
Old 10 January 2005, 06:41 PM
JTM
Scooby Regular

PMSL at Sam

Old 10 January 2005, 07:58 PM
MrMischief
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by SamUK
amm...how is the buyer spose to drive the car away without a steering wheel...
Hehe...you're no funny

Expulsar - I was at the gtir rr day at Star Performance before Xmas, another Pulsar which has a very similar spec to mine (with standard internals), and has done a best of 12.9s on the 1/4 had 306bhp/268lbft.

Maybe you disagree, what figures would you reckon allow a GTiR to run consistently below 13s on the strip?

Cheers
Steve
Old 10 January 2005, 07:59 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

This car is really very clean, its not another Pulsar thats just wound the boost up.

Its got the supporting mods to keep everything reliable and safe.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 10 January 2005, 10:19 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

You never know it may have put people off, no wheel...

Up for ya...
Old 10 January 2005, 10:33 PM
MrMischief
Scooby Newbie

Wink

You never know it may have put people off, no wheel...

Up for ya...
Just to re-assure everybody, I WILL be refitting the original steering wheel & gearknob, so it'll be easy to drive away

Steve
Old 14 January 2005, 07:08 PM
MrMischief
Scooby Newbie

Bump bttt
Old 14 January 2005, 07:25 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

That looks very tidy indeed, always had a soft spot for these, you rareley see them, they look mint in the flesh, and good man for not b@stardising it .

has it got the umbrella?

If I had a garage to put it in, I would be round at yours tommorrow with 5K, and would not leave untill you took it
good luck anyway, nice motor
Old 14 January 2005, 09:03 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

Fancy sending me the reg via private mesasage mate please? Ins quote..
Old 17 January 2005, 04:09 PM
sti monster
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by RS Grant
This car is really very clean, its not another Pulsar thats just wound the boost up.
how whats wrong with that!! after all pulsars had the boost turned so far down as standard the turbo hardly spooled up at all. they were detuned for the road, the rally versions used the same engine, internals and turbo but the boost was set up higher. all pulsars should have the boost turned up to 1 bar, they are overfuelled as it is. i reckon at the spec your pulsar should easy kick out 310 - 320bhp, its all a question of boost. the t28 will spool up to 380bhp. the aussies have had a standard pulsar up past 400 bhp just by increasing the fuelling and the boost. and it should also be noted the gearbox is standard as well.
Old 17 January 2005, 06:32 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti monster
how whats wrong with that!! after all pulsars had the boost turned so far down as standard the turbo hardly spooled up at all. they were detuned for the road, the rally versions used the same engine, internals and turbo but the boost was set up higher. all pulsars should have the boost turned up to 1 bar, they are overfuelled as it is. i reckon at the spec your pulsar should easy kick out 310 - 320bhp, its all a question of boost. the t28 will spool up to 380bhp. the aussies have had a standard pulsar up past 400 bhp just by increasing the fuelling and the boost. and it should also be noted the gearbox is standard as well.
LOL... never heard so much crap. Especially the standard gearbox bit. Are you serious. The gearbox struggles at not much over standard....4 th went on my friends (UK model) and has since fitted a Quaife. The power figures are ridiculous too, having invested in HKS cams/Apexi PFC/Induction/Exhaust etc the car tipped just over 290 @1.2bar. You think just by turning up the boost you'll gte over 300bhp. And the comment on the turbo.... have you seen the compressor map. Believe me the standard turbo is considered small and will NOT flow enough air for 380bhp, and the engine internals (especially pistons will be crying at this point too). The group A rally car most definately didn't run standard internals . 400bhp just by turning up the boost and fueling (standard injectors can't cope with fueling 400bhp btw)...... you really do make me laugh.

The post was a joke right

BBT for a clean looking GTi-R

Tony.
Old 17 January 2005, 07:31 PM
MrMischief
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

MJ >> Cheers mate - no brollie, it's too late in the production - they were only on the earlier cars. It has a vent where the brollie holder was on the early models.

AlanPPP >> Sorry mate, you know the reason as to why everybody photoshops numberplates (not that I don't trust you...), but you should be able to get a quote without a plate, just say you don't know and they should carry on with the process.

Sti monster >> You could say that any of the 4wd/turbo road cars have been de-tuned from their rally spec - they'd not last 1000 miles if running rally car boost levels - forged pistons or not. I oubt very much that a t28 would support 380bhp for very long, even in gt28rs guise, that'd definitely be pushing it pretty hard, it just doesn't flow enough. The gearbox may be ok with 400bhp, but it'd never handle much abuse (read as track driving/drag racing), would need to be nurtured very carefully.

Tone Loc >> The gearbox on these is reasonably strong if treated properly (as with all 4wd cars), but tend to break if a paddle clutch is fitted.
You can run pretty high horsepower figures on standard internals, as long as the fuelling is properly mapped, even the standard top mount intercooler flows well, although badly positioned, can still support 350-380bhp. Also, good point about fuelling, standard injectors are 444cc so will need to be changed before 350hp, mine has a new upgraded fuel pump, and the MAF needs to go up to an 80mm model after 320hp...

Anyway, my car's for sale, although I'm glad it's sparked this little debate, you may want to start another thread to discuss the subject

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by MrMischief; 17 January 2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 18 January 2005, 08:42 AM
sti monster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tone Loc
LOL... never heard so much crap. Especially the standard gearbox bit. Are you serious. The gearbox struggles at not much over standard....4 th went on my friends (UK model) and has since fitted a Quaife. The power figures are ridiculous too, having invested in HKS cams/Apexi PFC/Induction/Exhaust etc the car tipped just over 290 @1.2bar. You think just by turning up the boost you'll gte over 300bhp. And the comment on the turbo.... have you seen the compressor map. Believe me the standard turbo is considered small and will NOT flow enough air for 380bhp, and the engine internals (especially pistons will be crying at this point too). The group A rally car most definately didn't run standard internals . 400bhp just by turning up the boost and fueling (standard injectors can't cope with fueling 400bhp btw)...... you really do make me laugh.

Tony.
yeah i was joking! theres absolutely no way a gtir engine with standard internals could get past 350bhp. Mr mischief do you know the AWD pulsar? if you do can you tell this guy that his gtir engine with standard internals (gt30 turbo) is good for 500bhp please. and heres a pic of my mates pulsar rr figure which was standard but remapped for a bit more fuel and boost set to 1.2 bar, helix clutch and standard box. this was before the decat pipe was fitted. you were prob right about the grp A rally car running uprated internals, i was quoting someone else.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...day1212003.jpg

Last edited by sti monster; 18 January 2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 18 January 2005, 10:54 AM
ODIN
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Tone Loc

Tony.
Do you really no a single thing about pulsar's dude, Because from what you'ev writen I would think not.

I'v owned 2 now and have had the one I have now for over 3 years, The car is running 311bhp and 304lb's of torque at 1.2 bar on a standard turbo as has been for over 2 years now.

Also it has run 12.3 second pass at santapod with this spec as well. As for 400bhp on standard piston's it can and has been done matey, My mate has been running 1.6bar for over a year now with no problem at all.

And if you try reading the SR forum you will see that the yanks are getting 500bhp out of standard pulsar motors with the right fueling, So please get your facts right fella before you start gobbing off on hear.

As for gearbox's they can be a problem if they have been mistreated in the past, But the pulsar that ran a 11.3 pass at TOTB last year still has a standard box fitted, My car uses a Quaife box just to be safe, And the motor is now being rebuilt so I can run over 400bhp with out problems.

rob
Old 18 January 2005, 11:17 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

PMSL

At the end of the day its only a Pulsar...
Old 18 January 2005, 11:25 AM
Nad
Scooby Regular

Yeah, and luckily not as common as a Scooby!

As stated before u dont need forged pistons to run high boost, just correct fueling, and obviously when ppl say standard they dont mean air filter, exhaust and turbo as those are always replaced on any car, they are refering to crank rods and pistons. Likewise with the gearbox, get a proper rebuild with all bearings and will run fine as long as u dont abuse it. 90% of gearbox faliures are down to driver error, not mechanical.
Old 18 January 2005, 11:37 AM
ODIN
Scooby Newbie

PMSL

At the end of the day its only a Pulsar...
It may only be a pulsar dude, But I bet you can't beat a good one up the stip.

rob
Old 18 January 2005, 11:53 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

The guy is just trying to sell his car here, keep it on topic and take the 'discussion on BHP/reliability/original internals/fueling/whatever elsewhere!
Old 18 January 2005, 11:55 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Old 18 January 2005, 11:57 AM
jimmymc
Scooby Regular

Angry

a smell shiiiiiiiiiiiiii*e.
a think theres a couple off scooby drivers posting here who have had there *** skelped a few too many times by pulsars!
a think steve was talking about my car when he said about a similar spec "r" getting 306 bhp and i would say his is probably beating that a bit going on 1/4 mile times so for u to say his figures are way off i reckon its just sour grapes.
you guys struggle to get decent power outputs from scoobies after chucking wheelbarrow loads of cash at them its not our fault if pulsars can be easily and SAFELY tuned for peanuts!
i know a bit about scooby ownership because ive just sold my my01 wrx to get the pulsar because IMHO scoobies are not all there cracked up too be! some off u guys should listen to yourselves thinking your particular car is the dogs bollox................because after all it really is only a scooby!
cheers jimmymc
Old 18 January 2005, 11:59 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Talking

Wich you all the best with your new car..
Old 18 January 2005, 12:05 PM
jimmymc
Scooby Regular

Wich you all the best with your new car..
yeh i know wot u mean. im slightly paranoid about it goin bang especially after the last car i had! but its ok i just look at the car and see the nissan badge instead of the subaru badge and im instantly reassured!
20k for 220bhp wrx i pity u guys ! ive still got loads of bits lying around from mine WHEN u need them gimme a shout!
cheers jimmymc
Old 18 January 2005, 12:59 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ODIN
Do you really no a single thing about pulsar's dude, Because from what you'ev writen I would think not.

I'v owned 2 now and have had the one I have now for over 3 years, The car is running 311bhp and 304lb's of torque at 1.2 bar on a standard turbo as has been for over 2 years now.

Also it has run 12.3 second pass at santapod with this spec as well. As for 400bhp on standard piston's it can and has been done matey, My mate has been running 1.6bar for over a year now with no problem at all.

And if you try reading the SR forum you will see that the yanks are getting 500bhp out of standard pulsar motors with the right fueling, So please get your facts right fella before you start gobbing off on hear.

As for gearbox's they can be a problem if they have been mistreated in the past, But the pulsar that ran a 11.3 pass at TOTB last year still has a standard box fitted, My car uses a Quaife box just to be safe, And the motor is now being rebuilt so I can run over 400bhp with out problems.

rob
Excuse me.... i don't know a thing about Pulsars. Correct, however a good friend has owned a 'Sunny' brand new from the Nissan dealership in 1993. I.e i have over 10 years experience of these things. So get your facts straight before 'gobbibg off' as you so put it!!!!!! Why are you getting it rebuilt with only 400bhp then, why the Quaife???? All points i made and you get similar power to my friend at the same boost level???????

As for the other point about scooby owners not liking Pulsars/Sunnys..... i for one think they are an brilliant car for the money. No questions. I do think that simialar money must be spent to achieve the same sort of power tho.

Tony.
Old 18 January 2005, 01:09 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Im running a 350bhp scooby on a 1998, low milleage....though personally would'nt buy a Pulsar, simpliy as they are old cars..and the saying is the older the car is the more problems you will have...
Old 18 January 2005, 01:35 PM
sti monster
Scooby Regular

Im running a 350bhp scooby on a 1998, low milleage....though personally would'nt buy a Pulsar, simpliy as they are old cars..and the saying is the older the car is the more problems you will have...
well this is true, the last of the pulsars are now 10 years old. but we seem to have an agreement at last that the pulsar is a great car that deserves a hell of a lot of respect. as for big bhp then it is also true a lot of money would have to be spent on both cars to achieve silly figures. bear that in mind though that to get a pulsar up to 300 bhp is VERY easy. its about time scooby drivers gave the pulsar the respect it deserves, it is as quick if not faster than an impreza. we dont seem to have a problem with the cossie owners who have to rebuild their engines so why the pulsar? im sure that if most pulsar owners wanted a subaru they would have bought one or maybe they have had one and just wanted something different. each to their own and i have no problem with that. £5000 will get you a LOT of pulsar. weigh that against a £5000 wrx.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 18 January 2005, 06:55 PM
MrMischief
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Well well well, it's turning into quite a feisty little debate here...

It wasn't my intention to start a 'my car's faster than yours' thread, or to quote any dubious power figures - the car had a rolling road run with standard boost, and only exhaust/intake mods and made 240bhp at pretty low revs (something like 5000rpm when the speed limiter cut in).

So now that it is running 1bar, and has proven itself on track and the strip (yeah, I was comparing it to your car jimmymc ), it is aroun the power figures that I quoted. Anyway, rolling roads aren't the best way to gauge power imho, I'm not a 'peak power' kinda person - it's the way it's delivered that's important. (which is why i've just got a tdi ibiza cupra ).

Sti monster>> Yeah, I've known dave @ awd for about the last 5 years, between him and bruce spence raving on about them was probably why I ended up buying one, as it's a lot of performance for the money & quite affordable to run as a daily driver. And yes, Dave's car is a 450+bhp monster on standard internals (or so I believe!)...and I was there when your mate's car got the 336bhp run...impressive.

I have to agree that with Pulsars being older cars you have to look out for things such as rubber bushes being knackered with age (as you would do on a '93 Impreza)...however, being an import, the bodywork hasn't had the exposure to salty roads that ANY '93 british car has had and is cleaner underneath than my MY2000 MR2 Roadster was when I had it.

Also, you do have to spend a similar amount of money on upgrading parts as on a Scoob, but in general, the initial outlay for buying a Sunny/Pulsar will be lower....hence the price tag....somebody please buy it so I can take down my post & restore peace to the Scoobynet

Cheers
Steve
Old 18 January 2005, 07:10 PM
GTiR_nick
Scooby Newbie

Good luck with the sale dude! The pulsar is a truly amazing car which is the reason why i have decided to keep mine

Quick Reply: Pulsar GTiR For Sale