ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Rate your mobile phone network. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/999652-rate-your-mobile-phone-network.html)

Brun 14 March 2014 06:21 PM

Rate your mobile phone network.

Me and the Wife are creeping towards the end of our current contracts with Three. On my 40 mile journey from work my signal drops at least 4 times which is 4 times too many for me.
I was with Vodafone before and was considering going back to them but EE/Orange/Tmobile have go me interested. The deals they have seem to be better that most. I assume that Tmobile share Oranges masts and vica versa which suggests to me they may just about have the best coverage????

Anyway's, who are you with and what do you think?

:thumb:

Skoobie Dhu 14 March 2014 06:31 PM

Been with vodafone for nearly 15 years, mainly due their coverage where I've lived, only downside would be the lack of 3G anywhere outside city centres. Where I live now I've more of a choice, might try another network, failing that I'll give ovivo a go.

See attached news item, vodafone didn't cover themselves in any glory.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26546100

Ant 14 March 2014 06:39 PM

I've tried orange, vodafone and o2 over the years and o2 has always been the best this is using my phone country wide for work

Scoobydoo Ste 14 March 2014 06:42 PM

Virgin Media do some very good deals, especially if you've got the home phone / net / tv package with them although the coverage is a little poor in some areas.

Tidgy 14 March 2014 06:46 PM

Pesonal is voda, good, odd place signal is an issue, but that tends to be the same for all phones, mum's house is the twighlight zonei think lol

Work is EE, and p1ss poor, i hate EE with a passion one of the worst networks i have ever used, failing to make calls when full signal, phone not ringing and sending calls straight to voice mail saying i missed a call. Total sh!t

peter zippy reid 14 March 2014 07:37 PM

Voda and i get 4g at work with it

Brun 14 March 2014 07:41 PM

There's another question. If you have 4g is your internet just faster or does it use more of your monthly MB allowance?

peter zippy reid 14 March 2014 07:48 PM

Mine is faster and im on unlimited internet

peter zippy reid 14 March 2014 07:52 PM

This is my 4g speed at a friends house http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/753978070
his wifi was 2meg with sky

Chip 14 March 2014 08:11 PM

Had Orange, 3 and now Voda which is by far the best here.

jonc 14 March 2014 08:32 PM

I'm with Three and find reception pretty good in most areas. I was on Vodafone previously, I found it was sh!te. Also now get 4G without additional cost and getting these sorts of speed.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3710/...82c39d636d.jpg

Obviously depends on area, but shows what's achievable.

paul98typer 14 March 2014 09:00 PM

With T-Mobile and get a good 3g signal pretty much everywhere. My work laptop uses voda 3g and plenty of places where I can't get a good signal and the same goes for my voda work phone although not as bad as the 3g.
My contact is coming to and end soon, prob stick with T-Mobile, just gotta decide which phone to go for.

BLU 14 March 2014 09:29 PM

I'm with 3 and get good signal in 99% of places, only in deep rural areas does it get a little sketchy.

I have found every so often I'll lose either the ability to text or my 3g signal (but not both at the same time!) but I'm assuming its engineering works getting their 4g network ready. Only happens for half hour or so then everything is ok! Incidentally 4g (for 4g enabled phones) is being supplied by 3 for no extra charge ;)

P1Fanatic 14 March 2014 09:41 PM

Also with 3 and find them reliable and great data speeds. 4G at work nr Reading now. Vodafone came last in a recent survey of all providers.

alcazar 14 March 2014 10:12 PM

Virgin...good deal, crap service.
Tried to make three calls tonite, not one would go through.

Ringing them tomoz.

PaulC72 14 March 2014 10:25 PM

with 3 and have been on talk mobile who use vodaphones network which was about as good as a switched off phone for calls where I live.

Wife is on T-mobile and the signal is pretty good comparable with 3 at least.

Rob_Impreza99 15 March 2014 01:09 PM

I couldn't recommend Vodafone to anyone based on my own experiences, if you can manage to find a strong signal its ok but thats pretty rare, a lot of the time you don't even get 3G. They don't have an unlimited data plan either but in saying that you won't need one as you'll hardly ever get a connection thats strong enough to use your data.

Thats not just based on the area where i live, i travel quite a bit throughout the year to various places and its still the same, if you live in Hertfordshire i wouldn't bother with Vodafone as i spent 2 weeks down there on 2 separate occasions and couldn't get a signal at all.

Brun 15 March 2014 07:41 PM

Three seems to be winning on this thread at the moment but there ain't no way I'm sticking with them.
Still would like some more opinions of EE.

stevebt 15 March 2014 09:17 PM

I have been with every carrier in the UK and my two best ones are EE or 02, 3 and Voda are fecking shocking and its hard to tell which is worse.

But here is another survey to help you ;)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...ent-study.html

fatscoobfella1 16 March 2014 09:19 AM

I have tried them all,but o2 has been the best for me..

jayallen 16 March 2014 09:28 AM

Was previously with EE which to be honest i didnt rate, poor coverage where i am, now with Three and cant fault them.

SiPie 16 March 2014 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 11380145)
Three seems to be winning on this thread at the moment but there ain't no way I'm sticking with them.
Still would like some more opinions of EE.

After a long long survey/comparison/analysis, my work opted to switch to EE. Can't really fault it and does me fine (especially as I don't have to pay anything :D ). Considering the amount of travel so many of the 800 staff do, I guess they had to make damn sure they chose well.

The occasional dead spot and varying 3G but much better than my wife's (o2). All I've really got to compare it to I'm afraid.

pflowers 16 March 2014 08:24 PM

100% happy with three.

Had vodafone before and it was dire wherever I went, how they have the cheek to call themselves a mobile network is beyond me.

I believe three have the most coverage of all networks at 98% of the UK, although of course if you live in the 2% it's not much help to you...

paulr 16 March 2014 09:45 PM

Always been on O2. Always had a signal, but data can be slow at times.

mart360 16 March 2014 10:58 PM

Been with them all,

Just gone back to EE (better deal)

At the end of this contract, -12 months, im going to Giff Gaff

My mrs is with them, pricing is very good, she never complains about coverage etc

Mart

ScoobyWon't 16 March 2014 11:02 PM

Giff-Gaff to abuse the unlimited internet :thumb:

Virgin Mobile for the rest :thumb:

andy97 17 March 2014 10:42 AM

Virgin generally offer better deals than EE. Virgin offer their network through EE so if you get a good EE coverage in your area, choose Virgin for cost. I pay £15 unlimited for calls, text and data

Rob_Impreza99 17 March 2014 11:55 AM

When my contract is up for renewal i'm going to go SIM only on the 1 month deals, unlimited calls, data and texts etc.

By going 1 month only that will give me a chance to try out most providers if need be just incase the first one i try seems to be a bit iffy coverage wise, i'll try them for a couple of months at a time which is much better than being tied to a 12 or 24mth contract where your stuck with what you have.

Brun 17 March 2014 12:11 PM

That sounds at bit of a faff but probably worth it actually :)
I think when it comes to it I'll go with EE and take advantage of the 14 day cooling off period if it's crap!

andy97 17 March 2014 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 11381468)
That sounds at bit of a faff but probably worth it actually :)
I think when it comes to it I'll go with EE and take advantage of the 14 day cooling off period if it's crap!

By coincidence I got this text off EE today

We can offer Unltd Mins & Texts & I'net (no Fair Use Policy) for only £14 p/m. Including 30mins 08 numbers 30 intnl mins & 50MMS free:

It's a 12 month contract, where as Virgin is monthly sim deal