ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Labour Voters - do you want to be in the EU? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/999516-labour-voters-do-you-want-to-be-in-the-eu.html)

ALi-B 12 March 2014 07:09 PM

Labour Voters - do you want to be in the EU?

Seeing that Milliband has now said he won't have a referendum if he became prime minister.

Thing is, every Labour supporter I know (and mock :D ;) ) doesn't want to be part of the EU. Which has led me to belive that Ed has just shot himself in the foot, because I can see alot of disillusioned Labour voters becoming even more disillusioned.

paulr 12 March 2014 07:55 PM

Just seen the head of Mori talking about the EU. He says there is a minority who are "obsessed" by the EU, and the majority who are pragmatic. If it makes them better of, they are for it.

Talks common sense, and why, if it ever came to be, we would vote to stay in.

Osimabu 12 March 2014 08:19 PM

There will never be a straight in/out referendum from the mainstream parties, because all the leaders know the result would be to get out, and none of them want us to.

LSherratt 12 March 2014 09:50 PM

Labour voters? On NSR? Hahahaha don't make me laugh. We're all Conservative or UKIP. ;) :lol1:

chocolate_o_brian 12 March 2014 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11377806)
Labour voters? On NSR? Hahahaha don't make me laugh. We're all Conservative or UKIP. ;) :lol1:

There's 3 so far.

warrenm2 12 March 2014 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Osimabu (Post 11377682)
There will never be a straight in/out referendum from the mainstream parties, because all the leaders know the result would be to get out, and none of them want us to.

Exactly this

Martin2005 12 March 2014 11:49 PM

So we are still in the daft situation where voting UKIP will result in a Labour win and no referrendum

Martin2005 12 March 2014 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 11377932)
Exactly this

Really??

How exactly do you think Cameron is going to sell that to his party?

f1_fan 13 March 2014 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11377942)
So we are still in the daft situation where voting UKIP will result in a Labour win and no referrendum

So let's vote for Cameron then... er no thanks, he's a cnut ... in fact he'd fit in well around here!

Martin2005 13 March 2014 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11377967)
So let's vote for Cameron then... er no thanks, he's a cnut ... in fact he'd fit in well around here!

You need to calm down

Osimabu 13 March 2014 07:23 AM

If everyone who wants a referendum (or forget the referendum, just to get out) votes for UKIP, UKIP will win, not Labour.

Norway does nicely outside the EU but still trading with it. Why shouldn't we?

RA Dunk 13 March 2014 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

So let's vote for Cameron then... er no thanks, he's a cnut ...

Attachment 74453

f1_fan 13 March 2014 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11377990)
You need to calm down

You need to f**k off :thumb:

Martin2005 13 March 2014 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11378056)
You need to f**k off :thumb:

Is that really necessary?

I have never spoken to you like that...

Wurzel 13 March 2014 10:40 AM

I think the UK should tell the EU to get stuffed or atleast just stop paying and see what they do. Suddenly losing 50m a day will soon get someones attention and make them more open to talks about a reorg. On the other hand if the UK leaves the EU I might have to get a visa and work permit to continue living and working in Germany which would be a pain in the ar5e.

Chip 13 March 2014 12:43 PM

No doubt with the rest of us cnuts I suppose.

Maz 13 March 2014 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Osimabu (Post 11378013)
If everyone who wants a referendum (or forget the referendum, just to get out) votes for UKIP, UKIP will win, not Labour. Norway does nicely outside the EU but still trading with it. Why shouldn't we?

UKIP? Those great saviours that are going rescue us from the EU?
Beware Greeks bearing gifts.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/ukip/a...0k-in-expenses

warrenm2 13 March 2014 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 11378291)
UKIP? Those great saviours that are going rescue us from the EU?
Beware Greeks bearing gifts.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/ukip/a...0k-in-expenses

Two points:

A) Hope not hate is a front for hard left Labour
B) Expenses are meaningless out of context. How much do the Tory, Labour and LibDums take in expenses, if they take more then that puts a different slant on things doesn't it?

Osimabu 13 March 2014 04:29 PM

Greeks couldn't afford to bear gifts at the moment, even if they wanted to.

Maz 13 March 2014 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 11378300)
Two points: A) Hope not hate is a front for hard left Labour B) Expenses are meaningless out of context. How much do the Tory, Labour and LibDums take in expenses, if they take more then that puts a different slant on things doesn't it?

The information is available via a number of different sources. For balance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ment-year.html

In UKIP's case it's hypocritical to on the one hand denounce an organisation, yet on the other hand to use the same organisation to fund party coffers, personal expenses and bolster personal finances. UKIP need to send a clear message regarding the EU, not only as a party mantra but also in their actions behind the scenes.

Their actions thus far serve to confirm nothing except that they are no different to any other party or politician. Greedy, sycophantic, duplicitous and sleazy. Perfect qualities for a long and successful career in politics, they should do well.

f1_fan 13 March 2014 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11378083)
Is that really necessary?

I have never spoken to you like that...

Patronise me and that's what you get!

The Trooper 1815 13 March 2014 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 11378346)
The information is available via a number of different sources. For balance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ment-year.html

In UKIP's case it's hypocritical to on the one hand denounce an organisation, yet on the other hand to use the same organisation to fund party coffers, personal expenses and bolster personal finances. UKIP need to send a clear message regarding the EU, not only as a party mantra but also in their actions behind the scenes.

Their actions thus far serve to confirm nothing except that they are no different to any other party or politician. Greedy, sycophantic, duplicitous and sleazy. Perfect qualities for a long and successful career in politics, they should do well.

:lol: Balance - Daily Fail = your 'aving a laugh!

paulr 13 March 2014 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Osimabu (Post 11377682)

The same old rubbish from the eurosceptics..

If 65% of the country want us out of Europe, you have a party for you. UKIP. If they all voted UKIP, we would be out the EU. Simple.

No PM has ever even started down the road to leave the EU, why, because they wouldn't want to go down in history as the party that ruined the economy.

Maz 13 March 2014 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11378372)
:lol: Balance - Daily Fail = your 'aving a laugh!

My original source was stated as being hard left. Therefore the DM source was proferred as an offering from the right. 👍

ditchmyster 13 March 2014 07:11 PM

I would imagine that 99% of people that would vote us out of the EU haven't got a clue about the economics of it, if questioned on the matter 99% of the 99% would not get past £50 million a day and bloody foreigners stealing our jobs, most of which are jobs the indigenous population are either not qualified to do or do not want to do.;)

neil-h 13 March 2014 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11378415)
I would imagine that 99% of people that would vote us out of the EU haven't got a clue about the economics of it, if questioned on the matter 99% of the 99% would not get past £50 million a day and bloody foreigners stealing our jobs, most of which are jobs the indigenous population are either not qualified to do or do not want to do.;)

And there in lies the reason why I'm not a fan of the idea of a EU referendum. The economic future of the Uk shouldn't be entrusted to the vast majority of the population who have no understanding of the true depth of the in/out argument.

paulr 13 March 2014 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11378423)
And there in lies the reason why I'm not a fan of the idea of a EU referendum. The economic future of the Uk shouldn't be entrusted to the vast majority of the population who have no understanding of the true depth of the in/out argument.

You dont need an understanding, people aren't stupid. When they see all the main parties, and big business in favour. Then the reality of daily life, and our growing connections with Europe. Common sense will prevail, and they will (maybe reluctantly) vote to stay in.

Lets get the damm referendun out the way, then get back to what really matters.

Working hard.
Educating and training the next generation.
Promoting business.
Growing the economy.

ScoobyWon't 13 March 2014 09:40 PM

It looks like Ed Balls is trying to top Millipede for the best way to lose votes. Now he's saying that the married couple's tax break will be scrapped.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-Ed-Balls.html

So, Labour's plan to get elected is to tell you they know better than everyone else and they won't make you better off than the people they are trying to beat. Sounds like a winning combination right there...

hodgy0_2 13 March 2014 10:04 PM

Is there a serious business leader that says we would be better off if we left the EU?

Obviously politicians say what they think the public want to hear

What do business leaders think?

warrenm2 14 March 2014 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11378599)
Is there a serious business leader that says we would be better off if we left the EU?

Obviously politicians say what they think the public want to hear

What do business leaders think?

Businesses want what gives them the most profit, which means cheap labour, which means mass immigration