ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/middlesex-subaru-owners-club-434/)
-   -   bov (https://www.scoobynet.com/middlesex-subaru-owners-club-434/999446-bov.html)

stevie turbo 11 March 2014 07:55 PM

bov

hi i bought a vee port bov made by turbo smart second hand but like new only used for short time,fitted it and the cars jerking between gear changes and down on power even when its on the strongest setting anyone know what coloure springs are for what boost pressuresas i cant find anything on the net.
the cars a ppp blob and im assuming the spring inside would be the original,removed today and refitted oem one and car is spot on,if any one wants one ill sell for what i payed for it £80 in box with bung and gasket and instructions,unless i find a solution first thanks steve

CharlySkunkWeed 11 March 2014 08:08 PM

I did the opposite , removed a TurboSmart vee port and fitted a standard recirc. Didnt notice any difference between them . Maybe its faulty or wrong spring as u say.

stevie turbo 12 March 2014 11:52 AM

Hi guys need help I have found the spring colour as being white paint on it I need the next spring up which is what. Colour? And does anyone know what boost pressure range stock is on a opp blob as I think it off standard boost I think is 17 psi cannot find anything on net about the spring colours or pressures for bee port

**jay** 12 March 2014 02:12 PM

Simple answer , throw it in the bin and put the proper one back on, why anyone wants to put them on is beyond me, sound crap and make your car run badly.

stevie turbo 12 March 2014 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by **jay** (Post 11377390)
Simple answer , throw it in the bin and put the proper one back on, why anyone wants to put them on is beyond me, sound crap and make your car run badly.

ill bear that in mind cheers :wonder:

Budgie 12 March 2014 06:13 PM

Sorry Steve, can't help you there

CREWJ 12 March 2014 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by **jay** (Post 11377390)

This^

Runs rich, loses power and loses economy.

Just bin it and keep the standard recirc.

JonMc 12 March 2014 09:17 PM

Some cars run fine with them, others run like cr4p - it's a bit hit and miss. Mine seems to run fine with both:thumb:

CharlySkunkWeed 12 March 2014 10:31 PM

Mine too , but in the same way the bov haters say no one listens when they say they make your car run bad , they dont listen when some people say their car runs fine with one fitted.

Its simple , fit either and keep whichever one makes your car run ok and you like the sound off.

martin850 13 March 2014 10:18 AM

Steve, have you looked at the turbosmart website or dropped them an email?

romford-boy 14 March 2014 11:50 AM

I bought my 2005 Blob with a turbosmart already installed. As I got up to speed with scoobies I realised it was failing, and more importantly was allowing air to pass the wrong way over the turbo's turbine blades. This can be a really big f***ing problem so I took it off immediately, replaced it with a stock Subaru part from a jap breakers yard for about £25.

Once off I spent time trying to get it working and in summary I couldn't, it had failed and would not work safely for an Impreza so in the bin it went.

Best decision I ever made.