ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Map tweak needed? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/999043-map-tweak-needed.html)

Worlasshasansti 06 March 2014 10:28 PM

Map tweak needed?

Hi all, I'm thinking about keeping the blob for a while longer, it's mapped for its current set up to 332bhp, it has a 3" turbo back (decat) cobra system with 5" jap back box and it's horrendously loud, would changing to a 3" turbo back revolution system with 3.5 inch tail pipe require a map tweak?

I can't see why it would and I'm hoping it won't as I'm using the car most days at the minute and it's getting embarrassing :lol1:

Mick

b3nmw 06 March 2014 11:10 PM

I'm after a cobra turbo bk exhaust if u r thinking of selling?

Worlasshasansti 06 March 2014 11:12 PM

Certainly will be selling depending on the outcome of this thread lol.

I'll let you know when I find out some info.

Cheers

Mick

scooblet 06 March 2014 11:22 PM

I don't think you will need a tweak imo

jura11 07 March 2014 12:22 AM

Hi Mick

I would suggest speak with yours mapper first and I'm sure he will advise to you what will be best,but I would say you will need tweak,just due every backbox and exhaust is different

Revolution is very nice exhaust and sounds lovely

Thanks,Jura

b3nmw 07 March 2014 11:33 AM

Cheers, let me no when u r ready

Worlasshasansti 07 March 2014 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 11372190)
Hi Mick

I would suggest speak with yours mapper first and I'm sure he will advise to you what will be best,but I would say you will need tweak,just due every backbox and exhaust is different

Revolution is very nice exhaust and sounds lovely

Thanks,Jura

Thanks Jura, if I end up keeping the car (I think I'm going to) I'll more than likely buy all the bits I wanted anyway (standard air box setup, ported headers, Harvey up pipe) quieter exhaust then have it mapped to cater for the changes.

Mick

mickywrx 07 March 2014 07:52 PM

You'd need a tweek for the up-pipe, headers and air box, but, you should be fine swapping the exhaust in the mean time, Mick.

Worlasshasansti 07 March 2014 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 11372781)
You'd need a tweek for the up-pipe, headers and air box, but, you should be fine swapping the exhaust in the mean time, Mick.

You recon Micky? I only asked the question meaning just for the exhaust as I'm interested in the 3" revolution system on nesf for sale at the minute, I'd run the car for a couple of months with just the exhaust fitted to save up for the other bits if I fancied them then get it mapped if I bought the other bits and pieces.

Cheers

Mick

mickywrx 07 March 2014 08:42 PM

I'm not on NESF.

But, yeah. The exhaust should be fine, as they are both 3", Revolution might flow a bit better than what you have fitted, not very familiar with Cobra exhausts.

Swapping the headers and up-pipe, may need a map tweek. Reverting back to the OEM airbox certainly will, as the MAF sensor if you still have it fitted will need re-scaling.

If you're running maf-less, I'm not sure. I don't know if the speed density ROM is set calculation's or variable. Ask your mapper if maf-less.

Jolly Green Monster 08 March 2014 08:11 AM

Headers and uppipe def need a map tweak and air box.

Exhaust needs a check reallly. They can flow very differently.