ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Parking Ticket Advice (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/998885-parking-ticket-advice.html)

Dave1980 05 March 2014 08:41 AM

Parking Ticket Advice

Morning All

Need the help of the scoobynet knowledgeable ones. I was down in Devon for work yesterday and parked in a one hour zone (no payment required). Came back to the car 6 six minutes later than the hour and have recieved a ticket slapped on the car for £50 or £25 if i pay in 14 days.

How do i stand with appealing?, is there a period of grace that traffic wardens are supposed to give?. 6 Minutes seems a little harsh but if i have to pay i will pay.

Not contacted the Devon Council in question yet but spent all day thinking about it yesterday on the way home.

dpb 05 March 2014 08:55 AM

5 afaik

Harsh

Graz 05 March 2014 09:02 AM

Write a grovelling letter to the council along with some mitigating circumstance as to why you were late getting back to your car (i.e. you were helping an old lady carry her shopping ;)). They may let you off. Worked for me. Also once you lodge an appeal the 14 days thing goes out the window and is extended until you appeal is dealt with.

f1_fan 05 March 2014 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dave1980 (Post 11370302)
Morning All

Need the help of the scoobynet knowledgeable ones. I was down in Devon for work yesterday and parked in a one hour zone (no payment required). Came back to the car 6 six minutes later than the hour and have recieved a ticket slapped on the car for £50 or £25 if i pay in 14 days.

How do i stand with appealing?, is there a period of grace that traffic wardens are supposed to give?. 6 Minutes seems a little harsh but if i have to pay i will pay.

Not contacted the Devon Council in question yet but spent all day thinking about it yesterday on the way home.

5 minutes is the grace period so you're stuck really. Harsh as said, but there you go! Appealing is a whole world of pain and you will likely lose in this case.

I would write a letter if you can be bothered, but to be honest for the sake of £25 you may just as well pay it and forget about it!

I appealed a clear cut case two years ago and it cost way more to appeal than it would have done just to pay it even though I won.

Jamie 05 March 2014 10:06 AM

Bin it.

hodgy0_2 05 March 2014 10:18 AM

i would pay up

Dave1980 05 March 2014 11:55 AM

sounds like i am out of luck, just more annoyed as it was a free space to begin with. Emailed the relevant council in Devon to ask how i stand but not expecting good news, may just appeal anyway and drag it out long as i can :)

CharlySkunkWeed 05 March 2014 01:32 PM

I popped into dentist once and forgot to "pay & display". Literally out 10 mins later to a £30 ticket . Looked at the pay info board and it was 30pence for an hour park. Tottaly gutted !

I have appealed a ticket before , warden argued but I knew 100% he was wrong and he wouldnt show me the pics to prove. I was able to look up pics on website but none showed up. I won the appeal , so he was obviously lying. The pics for the dentist ticket were on the site so couldn't appeal it , not that I would have as I was in the wrong.

Jamie 05 March 2014 03:47 PM

30p for one hour ffs £2 here.

CharlySkunkWeed 05 March 2014 05:17 PM

Its a small carpark that doesn't get much use .

boomer 05 March 2014 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 11370351)
Bin it.

Not a good idea if it was from the council :nono: .

mb

The Pink Ninja 05 March 2014 10:21 PM

^^+1 if it was a private parking company...Depending on which one would depend on your actions if any but if it is an official council ticket get your cash out i`m afraid mate ;)

Dr Hu 06 March 2014 04:24 PM

You really need to know if the 'fine' (and I use that word guardedly) is issued by a 'Council'. If it is is a proper council ticked then you are stuffed - pay it.

If it is any of the lowlife, pondscum, bloodsucking tosspot leaches that are 'private parking enforcment' wnakers then investigate a POPLA appeal ASAP - using the Money Supermarket advice - google it - using their advice most POPLA appeals are successful.

^Qwerty^ 06 March 2014 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 11371554)
You really need to know if the 'fine' (and I use that word guardedly) is issued by a 'Council'. If it is is a proper council ticked then you are stuffed - pay it.

If it is any of the lowlife, pondscum, bloodsucking tosspot leaches that are 'private parking enforcment' wnakers then investigate a POPLA appeal ASAP - using the Money Supermarket advice - google it - using their advice most POPLA appeals are successful.

^^^

This.

boomer 06 March 2014 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 11371554)

...or better still, go directly to PePiPoo, where MSE pinch most of their "advice" from ;)

mb

Leslie 12 March 2014 04:45 PM

Its down to you to avoid giving them the chance to ticket you!

Les

pslewis 12 March 2014 06:20 PM

For £25 you are worrying about it?

Pay, move on .....................

LeedsTopLad 12 March 2014 08:26 PM

no grace period. as soon as time is up you are walking the tight rope and on this one they have got you.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 13 March 2014 01:07 PM

Drove into work one day, around congestion charge zone as normal but had an early finish, so went back the usual way, which as was always past 18:00 through the zone albeit at 15:00, so got a PCN. No point in contesting based on absent mindedness...

Dave1980 13 March 2014 11:27 PM

paid it. just annoyed me but was a fair cop.