ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Has anyone used the Subaru garage in inverurie or burly? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/998753-has-anyone-used-the-subaru-garage-in-inverurie-or-burly.html)

Cueball85 03 March 2014 12:28 PM

Has anyone used the Subaru garage in inverurie or burly?

Hello there

Booking my Hawkeye wrx wagon in for a 7 year service, mot and possible wheel bearing.

My nearest official Subaru dealership is the one in inverurie or beauly (outside Inverness)

I was wondering if anyone had used either before and couple recommend one or the other?

Cheers

Rory

Grunty 03 March 2014 01:21 PM

Haven't used them, but Brian Downie is in Kemnay not far from Inverurie and he is pretty well thought of up here. My car is just back from getting the rear shocks done there.

RA Dunk 03 March 2014 01:29 PM

Try BHP Developments, he's in Inverurie or search for his user name Wuz on here.

WUZ 03 March 2014 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11368735)
Try BHP Developments, he's in Inverurie or search for his user name Wuz on here.

FFS Dunk, you're gonna make me blush!

fudumped 03 March 2014 02:08 PM

Wouldnt waste my time with lawrence of kemnay in inverurie it took me six phone calls before they realised they could code my stereo to the ecu

If your buying a car from them but wouldnt use them for anything else to do with a scooby

Cueball85 03 March 2014 02:11 PM

I was planning on keeping the service history official Subaru but maybe I'll book it into Brian downie or similar, cheers

Cueball85 03 March 2014 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by fudumped (Post 11368760)
Wouldnt waste my time with lawrence of kemnay in inverurie it took me six phone calls before they realised they could code my stereo to the ecu

If your buying a car from them but wouldnt use them for anything else to do with a scooby

That's something I wad worried about just because there a dealer doesn't mean they will know what they're doing....

mrjelly 03 March 2014 02:19 PM

As said ask Wuz to look at your car, you will not be disappointed.

I used Lawrence of Kemnay before when they were Ford only and it wasnt a good experience, so would never use for Scoobs - as its just a case of taking over the franchise and sending technicians off for a wee subaru course.
Been told some bad stories about their work on scoobs too. One guy bought a 2011 saloon and had to take it back 13 times in first year - they had to replace the spoiler 3 times and on one occasion they scraped his front bumper and wing and tried to deny it wa them.

TAKE IT TO WUZ !!

RA Dunk 03 March 2014 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by WUZ (Post 11368757)
FFS Dunk, you're gonna make me blush!

:D

Sean_H 03 March 2014 08:02 PM

I was told at the end of last year by the parts manager at Lawerance of Kemnay that as of 2014 they would no longer be a Subaru Franchise.

Had my WRX Wagon in for inspection as the passengers side wishbone had snapped. They covered the cost for replacing both sides as a good will gesture. When I mentioned I would be looking at getting a new key coded and pricing for a couple parts they said they were no longer taking orders due to soon to be leaving the franchise and that I was lucky to get my car fixed before the company dropping the Subaru name.

I haven't been since December past year so hopefully others that have been more recently know the current situation.

Brian does good work but isn't the most business minded person IMO and can take some effort to get your car booked in. I will get my car booked in with Brian soon for some maintenance work as luckily my father has just moved houses and lives a couple miles from Kemnay.

Sean

Cueball85 04 March 2014 05:20 PM

Thanks for the advice, booked it into Brian downie today