ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Grrrr. Is it wrong to be annoyed? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/997781-grrrr-is-it-wrong-to-be-annoyed.html)

Boro 18 February 2014 08:15 PM

Grrrr. Is it wrong to be annoyed?

Had a message from a guy on another forum about a GoPro. Offered him a forum discount but then got a message back that saying he'd bought one off Ebay cheaper.

It's a grey import with no warranty as opposed to an official UK one with a 2 year warranty but then he started asking for advice about which memory card to use and how long it would record for, etc.

So tempted to tell him to get his advice off Ebay too.

Grinds my gears!

<rant over>

Maz 18 February 2014 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Boro (Post 11357401)
Had a message from a guy on another forum about a GoPro. Offered him a forum discount but then got a message back that saying he'd bought one off Ebay cheaper. It's a grey import with no warranty as opposed to an official UK one with a 2 year warranty but then he started asking for advice about which memory card to use and how long it would record for, etc. So tempted to tell him to get his advice off Ebay too. Grinds my gears! <rant over>

Nope completely right to be annoyed. You're obviously quite a laid back person as most would have told him to foxtrot oscar straight away!

CharlySkunkWeed 18 February 2014 08:58 PM

Sounds like a guy I had buy a cd off me. He didn't pay so I messaged him , he said sorry he would do it in a day or 2 , still nothing. Sent another message and same story , so I opened a case against him on a Tuesday. He paid that day (funnily enough) so I messaged him to say I was working nowhere that I could get to a PO so Friday was the best I could do for postage. He then messaged me asking me to post it earlier than that !

I told him if he paid when the listing had ended on the Sunday the week before , I would have posted it on the Monday as I planed it that way because I knew where I was working and could get to a PO. Then he said "oh I didn't mean it like that" blah blah blah.

People must think you've nothing better to do .

RA Dunk 18 February 2014 09:20 PM

Think that's what I would be telling him.

Customer services only apply to the customer at the end of the day. :)

Raptorman 18 February 2014 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11357510)
Think that's what I would be telling him.

Customer services only apply to the customer at the end of the day. :)

This ^^ all day long. Cheeky b4st4rd I would tell him to do one too.

ALi-B 19 February 2014 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Raptorman (Post 11357625)
This ^^ all day long. Cheeky b4st4rd I would tell him to do one too.

Yep cheaky sod. The mood I'm in at the moment I'd probably say a lot worse though.

Too many shysters and jokers about now - currently I'm debating to myself if I should throw my hot water cylinder through the sales rep's living room window ;)

JDM_333 19 February 2014 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11357510)
Think that's what I would be telling him. Customer services only apply to the customer at the end of the day. :)

lol very true!

CharlySkunkWeed 19 February 2014 07:58 AM

Had a message from a guy on another forum about a GoPro. Offered him a forum discount but then got a message back that saying he'd bought one off Ebay cheaper.

It's a grey import with no warranty as opposed to an official UK one with a 2 year warranty but then he started asking for advice about which memory card to use and how long it would record for, etc.

Grinds my gears!

<rant over>

Just reply , tell him to buy the cheapest, crappest , probably fake memory card he can find , then tell him to come to you when it all poops itself in 6months time.