ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Syvecs and toucan instal scotland? (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/997726-syvecs-and-toucan-instal-scotland.html)

**jay** 18 February 2014 10:40 AM

Syvecs and toucan instal scotland?

Got a Syvecs pnp ecu recently from one of the breakers on here and just purchased a toucan.
Been in touch with andy f to fit and map but due to it being second hand ie not bought directly from him he wont touch it :( can anyone recommend anyone to fit this for me(wiring aint my strong point) so i can then have it ready to be mapped.
Someone close to the west lothian area scotland would be ideal but dont mind traveling a bit further.
Cheers
Jay

banny sti 18 February 2014 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by **jay** (Post 11356864)
Got a Syvecs pnp ecu recently from one of the breakers on here and just purchased a toucan.
Been in touch with andy f to fit and map but due to it being second hand ie not bought directly from him he wont touch it :( can anyone recommend anyone to fit this for me(wiring aint my strong point) so i can then have it ready to be mapped.
Someone close to the west lothian area scotland would be ideal but dont mind traveling a bit further.
Cheers
Jay

Bit suprising he wont touch it, you could get in touch with Simon (JGM) he does travel to Scotland on occasion and may be able to help :)

**jay** 18 February 2014 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11356879)
Bit suprising he wont touch it, you could get in touch with Simon (JGM) he does travel to Scotland on occasion and may be able to help :)

Yeh i was surprised too Banny 😟 Simon come up last year and mapped my standard ecu, sometimes goes to aberdeen but its a 5 hour round trip still and if i need any map tweeks then its hard to get it done easily.

banny sti 18 February 2014 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by **jay** (Post 11356886)
Yeh i was surprised too Banny 😟 Simon come up last year and mapped my standard ecu, sometimes goes to aberdeen but its a 5 hour round trip still and if i need any map tweeks then its hard to get it done easily.

Best person to speak with then would be John Braveheart sti, proper top man and hopefully should be able to get something sorted for you :thumb:

http://www.braveheartracingdevelopments.com/

peter zippy reid 18 February 2014 11:46 AM

Gimotorsport in kilmarnock

**jay** 18 February 2014 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11356888)
Best person to speak with then would be John Braveheart sti, proper top man and hopefully should be able to get something sorted for you :thumb:

http://www.braveheartracingdevelopments.com/

Cheers Banny never thought about John will see what he says

Originally Posted by peter zippy reid (Post 11356900)
Gimotorsport in kilmarnock

Cheers mate might try them and see what they say :)

Jolly Green Monster 18 February 2014 06:23 PM

I expect I will drive up again next time so could meet you somewhere

**jay** 18 February 2014 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster (Post 11357233)
I expect I will drive up again next time so could meet you somewhere

That would be ideal Simon, not in a huge rush to get it done but if you could let me know that would be perfect, my car has been spot on since you last mapped it :)

banny sti 18 February 2014 07:16 PM

:)

jura11 18 February 2014 10:46 PM

As above speak with John@BRD(Braveheart Developments),he will able to fit for you this without the issue and as above is really good guy and proper top man

Jura

Jolly Green Monster 25 February 2014 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by **jay** (Post 11357259)
That would be ideal Simon, not in a huge rush to get it done but if you could let me know that would be perfect, my car has been spot on since you last mapped it :)

no problem :)

wrx271 06 March 2014 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by **jay** (Post 11356864)
Cheers
Jay

Mad that Andyf won't touch that ecu does the geeza only work on new cars I wouldn't take to him ever no matter what people say if he won't work on your car there's many that will

**jay** 06 March 2014 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by wrx271 (Post 11371291)
Mad that Andyf won't touch that ecu does the geeza only work on new cars I wouldn't take to him ever no matter what people say if he won't work on your car there's many that will

Im sure he is very good, never used him though but was surprised he would not do the work.
Got it booked with Simon(Jgm) for the end of month so pleased with that as it was mapped before with him and been spot on since.

peter zippy reid 06 March 2014 11:14 AM

Dont think andy fits any parts only mapping hes mapping my second hand avcr so cant see wht he wont map the toucan

Type_R_1984 06 March 2014 11:59 AM

He would probably be happy to map it but it's the fitting side of things he will be shying away from.

**jay** 06 March 2014 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Type_R_1984 (Post 11371340)
He would probably be happy to map it but it's the fitting side of things he will be shying away from.

Yeh i got that impression but never returned my email when i asked who to do the fitting then id drop it off to him for mapping. Its cool though its getting done now at end of the month, be glad to finally get it in and mapped :)