ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   It's not Alton Towers is it!? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/997309-its-not-alton-towers-is-it.html)

specialx 13 February 2014 03:31 PM

It's not Alton Towers is it!?

:wonder:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/459...p-for-daughter

DYK 13 February 2014 03:38 PM

Bloody hell what a mess.
Was just thinking when I started to read,that I bet the local youths use it for doing skateboard stunts,and then I got further down reading... :D

dpb 13 February 2014 03:51 PM

At least it's getting some dual use,

What kind of hair brained lunatic sanctions that. ??:cuckoo:

cster 13 February 2014 04:07 PM

You just can't beat British public service provision - They know how to spend your taxes, that is for sure!

wrx300scooby 13 February 2014 04:12 PM

What a joke, someone deserves sacking for coming up with that mess!!!!

ditchmyster 13 February 2014 04:29 PM

Elf an safety init, there's just no pleasing some people! :lol1:

Edit to add: Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it. ;)

Dr Hu 13 February 2014 04:56 PM

Blimey :eek: :D

brendy76 13 February 2014 04:59 PM

£40k lol, it would have been cheaper moving them.

legb4rsk 13 February 2014 05:02 PM

The Council mindset beggars belief.A disabled daughter & steep steps.
Shall we move her to a more suitable property?
No,lets spend 40k & ruin the neighborhood.

LSherratt 13 February 2014 05:06 PM

What on earth!!!!! They're fcuking idiots!!

It's taken me 2 minutes to think of a better solution. Rehouse them into a difference council house with a flatter slope/no slope at all, and if said other family doesn't particularly want to move, then a couple thousand pound incentive would do the trick anyway!

neil-h 13 February 2014 06:27 PM

My bet says there's more to it tbh, perhaps she refused to be rehouse. Who knows.

legb4rsk 13 February 2014 07:46 PM

I know Councils are stupid but have they never seen these before?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ou...ml%3B250%3B320

f1_fan 13 February 2014 08:19 PM

That's councils for you, full of workshy morons who are happy to waste other people's money with just about everything they do!

How the hell we ever fix this menatality is beyond me!

craigybaby 14 February 2014 10:09 AM

That looks horrendous what a eyesore the value of that house just dropped by 40k shocking

Type_R_1984 14 February 2014 10:24 AM

There's no common sense left in the world these days. It's all to do with what computer says.

I had a guy(thick as sh!te mind you)not sell me slates from a builders merchants because computer says none were in stalk when they were clearly visible out in the yard. Sounds so daft but it's true.

Cpt Jack Sparrow 14 February 2014 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11352975)
That's councils for you, full of workshy morons who are happy to waste other people's money with just about everything they do!

How the hell we ever fix this menatality is beyond me!

Being a Parish Coucillor, thats quite offinsive, never been work shy in my life and we certainly dont waste people money. To the point we have been one on the few coucils that have lower Council taxes two years in a row.

All done voluntary with no expenses or claims.

As for being a Moron, look in a mirror.

Aaron1978 14 February 2014 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11352743)
What on earth!!!!! They're fcuking idiots!!

It's taken me 2 minutes to think of a better solution. Rehouse them into a difference council house with a flatter slope/no slope at all, and if said other family doesn't particularly want to move, then a couple thousand pound incentive would do the trick anyway!

It took you two minutes! There's a job for you at the council:D

RA Dunk 14 February 2014 12:45 PM

Seriously though, this should never have got past the planning stages.

Who ever gave the go ahead for this needs to have serious questions asked about their experience and competence.

richs2891 14 February 2014 01:27 PM

Why didn't the mother intervene, before they finished it ?
Did they not show her plans of how it would look, or did she not ask ?

Tidgy 14 February 2014 01:29 PM

you never know, thy may have offered to move them but mother refused. Buildign regs cant be avoided

richs2891 14 February 2014 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cpt Jack Sparrow (Post 11353447)
Being a Parish Coucillor, thats quite offinsive, never been work shy in my life and we certainly dont waste people money. To the point we have been one on the few coucils that have lower Council taxes two years in a row.

All done voluntary with no expenses or claims.

As for being a Moron, look in a mirror.

From the experience I have with working with several different councils, there are some council employees that are genuine, hard working people, unfortunately the numbers of stupid work shy ones far out weighs them.

PS its refreshing that you do it as voluntary, its a shame that there are not more that want to do it for the good of the locals community.

Richard

RA Dunk 14 February 2014 02:00 PM

Try and build an extension on your house that dosent blend in with the surroundings and it will get rejected, and they can pull something like this and get away with this?