ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Anyone fancy fitting a turbo for me (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/997223-anyone-fancy-fitting-a-turbo-for-me.html)

Alvinmonero 12 February 2014 08:05 AM

Anyone fancy fitting a turbo for me

I'm new to this turbo malarkey , and don't want to mess it up , I'm in the hertfordshire area if anyone wants to make some money

ditchmyster 12 February 2014 08:21 AM

You picked one of the worst pain in the arse jobs to ask for a hand on.:nono:

I'm out.:lol1:

stonejedi 12 February 2014 08:33 AM

It's a simple job,but done properly that's the hard part.Google it or YouTube it should only take you around an hour I would help but your to far for me,good luck.SJ.

a5h 12 February 2014 12:48 PM

Try FB running in High Wycombe bit of a trek but well worth it reasonable rates and sound knowledge.

Alvinmonero 12 February 2014 02:04 PM

Only thing is I have to get it there and it's smoking a lot , is it okay to drive like this or a big nono

scooby87 12 February 2014 02:07 PM

My parents live in w.g.c so I go down that way a fair bit and have done a fair few turbos on these and many others.

PM me if you want some help.

a5h 12 February 2014 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Alvinmonero (Post 11351700)
Only thing is I have to get it there and it's smoking a lot , is it okay to drive like this or a big nono

When it happened to me I had the AA tow mine. But I would call Rich on 07595 493581 he would be the best person to give you advise :thumb:

Alvinmonero 12 February 2014 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by scooby87 (Post 11351701)
My parents live in w.g.c so I go down that way a fair bit and have done a fair few turbos on these and many others.

Ok I need to get some tools in as mine are at work , would you be interested in that anytime soon . Will pay you just need it done , bought it last Friday . Drove it back 180 miles was fine . Then the Sunday was a whirring and then no boost , pissed off . I've got a v24 coming in a day or 2

Alvinmonero 12 February 2014 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by scooby87 (Post 11351701)

Ok I need to get some tools in as mine are at work , would you be interested in that anytime soon . Will pay you just need it done , bought it last Friday . Drove it back 180 miles was fine . Then the Sunday was a whirring and then no boost , pissed off . I've got a v24 coming in a day or 2

Alvinmonero 12 February 2014 02:35 PM

Where is rich and fb located?

stonejedi 12 February 2014 02:45 PM

I would not be driving any car with a blown turbo,I would PM scooby87 who has offered you help:thumb:and get it done:)here's a little video I found that will help you,as I said before it's not a hard job to do I have done many turbo changes on most turbocharged cars.
.SJ.

Alvinmonero 12 February 2014 03:03 PM

Once again thanks , you guys are the nuts on here

just me 12 February 2014 03:07 PM

All you have to do is remove the intercooler and downpipe. Putting the car on stands is the most pain in ar5e part of it. :)

Wurzel 13 February 2014 04:42 PM

I changed my turbo a couple of weeks ago and the hardest part I found apart from undoing the rusty nuts was lining up the oil feed pipe underneath and getting the clips back on. It really is a sh1t job if you don't have a ramp and are lying underneath the car on the road.

KAS35RSTI 13 February 2014 08:07 PM

I found it easier to tie a string around the oil drain rubber pipe and pulling/yanking it up, whilst pushing the turbo down trying to position the oil pipe. No virgin activity :-)