ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Selling a number plate (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/997122-selling-a-number-plate.html)

Arkynsei 11 February 2014 12:27 AM

Selling a number plate

Evening chaps,

Never really liked my number plate. Always get comments on it asking why I have it on the car and telling me I should sell it etc. But I've never actually got round to it.. the plate has the initials VXR in it.

I'm sure there's a Vauxhall owner out there that would want it, surely? My question really is.. as it came on the car from new, I presume it is still able to be sold? I don't know much about personalized plates! Any guesstimates on value? If any? I just want a different one if I'm honest :). Similar ones on eBay seem to go for 300-400 quid.

I'll gladly move this to the for sale section once I get my answer. Already posted it on the VXR forum but got swiftly removed for some reason.

Thanks all.

James

riiidaa 11 February 2014 12:55 AM

best really to put it on retention then sell it i would think

dpb 11 February 2014 04:53 AM

Blatant advertising

pimmo2000 11 February 2014 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11350206)
Blatant advertising

He's a plus member, so to be fair, has paid to advertise. No here, but still.

Arkynsei 11 February 2014 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11350206)
Blatant advertising

Entitled to your opinion mate, but I am a plus member contributing to the site, so I'm only posting it in the wrong section if you do believe I'm advertising. I don't exactly sell much on here even, just wanted some advice on how to sell it. If it makes you feel better, I've edited out the full number plate and I'll remove this and take it over to the For Sale section once I get one more questioned answered.

Thanks for your reply Riiida. If I put it on retention, do I get a replacement number plate of the same style and year given to me? Or do I have to pay for it?

Thank you!

dpb 11 February 2014 11:27 AM

Fair enough, didn't actually take in your paid advertiser status I must admit.

There seems to be a thread along very similar lines virtually weekly

LUCKO 11 February 2014 09:13 PM

the problem you have with said number plate **59 VXR **57 VXR etc etc is that the Dvla sell these online for £250 and theres loads of them

e.g AR05 VXR and BR51 VXR

factor into this that it will cost you £105 to put your registration on retention, then you have paypal and/or ebay fees if selling plus cost of new plates for the plate that goes back on your vehicle

so to make this tempting to a VXR owner are you going to sell for £200 all in which will leave you a profit of say £50

not worth it :)

Arkynsei 11 February 2014 09:21 PM

Oh really? Bugger.

Hmmm. It would be worth it, just to get rid of it to be honest. I get a lotttta people commenting on it :P. And now I can see it, it's starting to look funny on the car. Usually don't give a rats arse about number plates.

I'll have a think. Maybe post it around a bit, see what happens.

Thanks for your help!

LUCKO 11 February 2014 09:23 PM

no problem

53 11 February 2014 09:44 PM

Do you actually own the plate, are you either a nominee or a grantee for the number ?