ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Track Days & National Events (https://www.scoobynet.com/track-days-and-national-events-25/)
-   -   Nurburgring May 2014. (https://www.scoobynet.com/track-days-and-national-events-25/996402-nurburgring-may-2014-a.html)

Kedlestone 02 February 2014 02:59 PM

Nurburgring May 2014.

This year I'm returning to the ring from the 2nd - 5th. Cars going are my Blobeye WRX, a Celica GT4, MK5 Golf GTI and a Nissan 350z. If anyone else fancies it your more than welcome to join us.

No times to leave have been planned yet but I will sorting all the details very shortly. Friday will be an early leave and drive down, hoping to stop and grab a few pics of Spa as we pass it, Saturday will be mostly track time, then in the Eve grab a few beers and steaks. Sunday will be back to the track and maybe some of the local surround roads after which are equally as good. Then Monday will be traveling back up to blightly and home.

As said, more the merrier.

Cheers:thumb:

The Pink Ninja 02 February 2014 04:49 PM

You going from Dover?

Gonna make a trip there this year but not until june/july but will be getting overnight ferry from hull/newcastle to rotterdam as it easier for us northeners :lol1:

Kedlestone 02 February 2014 04:54 PM

Yeah usually do Dover to Dunkirk, it's cheaper and a bit further down the road of the way we usually go. I've penciled in Le Mans for June with pistonheads so don't think funds would stretch to another trip but will see nearer the time. Many of you going?

The Pink Ninja 02 February 2014 05:35 PM

Around 4 scoobs at the moment but that could all change nearer the time, Its easier for us to do a 2 hr drive and get the ferry as we end up closer when we get off the boat so saves a good 6-8 hours driving on the trip, All i know is that it will have to be before TOTB at the end of July though :thumb:

Kedlestone 02 February 2014 05:41 PM

Nice one. I'll be heading to TOTB again, might pull my finger out and actually enter the handling circuit for the lower modded class, if they class the categories like that? Plan on just having fun it in this year and stop bloodly adding more bits to it! Hope to make a few time attacks to, only to watch though, pockets aren't that deep!

ScoobyFanatic33 02 February 2014 05:45 PM

any idea of costs involved in driving over and time taken driving ? if anyone is welcome i would be interested in going :)

Kedlestone 02 February 2014 05:47 PM

Yeah I have a break down of cost somewhere, I'll dig it out and post it up.

Kedlestone 02 February 2014 06:06 PM

Ok so rough breakdown based on what I did last year,

€118 for 3 nights b&b in a nice little hotel, great beer ;) (this was based on a triple room, although a single isn't much more I don't think).

£100 for a return ferry crossing, 8am out and 6.30pm return.

€100 for a 4 lap ring card or €27 for 1 lap.

Fuel for the journey down...I filled up in he midlands and then again at Dover and once in Germany I think? So...£130ish to get there. Really depends on how heavy your right foot is when you hit the autobahns really. So say £260 both ways.

Then food in the Eve and drinks, say £30 a night, so £90.

All in, £568. Obviously this can vary more or less, just a rough idea. O and a credit card incase you run out of talent whilst on the track....

Kedlestone 02 February 2014 06:46 PM

Just been on the hotel web page, €52 a night for 3 nights. Site link below if you want a look.

http://www.hotel-wilhelmshoehe.de/in...rgring&lang=en

ScoobyFanatic33 02 February 2014 08:09 PM

Cheers guys !

This sounds like a must lol !

Crowman 02 February 2014 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kedlestone (Post 11341888)
This year I'm returning to the ring from the 2nd - 5th. Cars going are my Blobeye WRX, a Celica GT4, MK5 Golf GTI and a Nissan 350z. If anyone else fancies it your more than welcome to join us.

No times to leave have been planned yet but I will sorting all the details very shortly. Friday will be an early leave and drive down, hoping to stop and grab a few pics of Spa as we pass it, Saturday will be mostly track time, then in the Eve grab a few beers and steaks. Sunday will be back to the track and maybe some of the local surround roads after which are equally as good. Then Monday will be traveling back up to blightly and home.

As said, more the merrier.

Cheers:thumb:

Hi, we are down the same days . 6th year for us this year.
A mix of cars going, a number of P1's , very sorted mr2 a mad mini, bmw, starlet, and new age scoobs .

We are heading down on 08.00am ferry from Dover on the 1st May
Can I ask wher your staying ., would be good to say hi.

Sorry just seen where your staying, lol same hotel as us .
Jackie looks after us very well every year

Im assuming you've booked , as we have taken 16 rooms , and it's fully booked .

Crowman 02 February 2014 08:49 PM

For info guys, if you book ferry before end of Feb there is a discount code which makes the cost £60 return Dover Dunkirk.
Let me know if you want the code

toby69 02 February 2014 08:57 PM

We are going over on the same dates! Will be with our local Bike club and not in the scoob!!! This year we are going as support vehicle! So if you see a 10 plate White Disco that could be us. I'll keep an eye out for you all
We are Staying in Adenau

Kedlestone 02 February 2014 09:11 PM

Sound great, be nice to see some faces from here. I've not booked the hotel crowman so looks like we will be staying somewhere else :( Nevertheless we will be there, I'll post up where we are staying. Better get my arse in gear and sort these rooms out!

That discount code would be handy to bud :)

Crowman 02 February 2014 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kedlestone (Post 11342394)
Sound great, be nice to see some faces from here. I've not booked the hotel crowman so looks like we will be staying somewhere else :( Nevertheless we will be there, I'll post up where we are staying. Better get my arse in gear and sort these rooms out!

That discount code would be handy to bud :)

Plenty of hotels in Adenau , but I would get it sorted , now the dates are out the hotels will get booked up quick .

I will dig the ferry code out and post .

Will be great to catch up with you all out there .

Crowman 02 February 2014 09:27 PM

Ferry discount code E14EBO just enter it during online booking .
Will save you around £30

-Nic- 02 February 2014 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 11342310)
Hi, we are down the same days . 6th year for us this year.
A mix of cars going, a number of P1's , very sorted mr2 a mad mini, bmw, starlet, and new age scoobs .

We are heading down on 08.00am ferry from Dover on the 1st May
Can I ask wher your staying ., would be good to say hi.

Sorry just seen where your staying, lol same hotel as us .
Jackie looks after us very well every year

Im assuming you've booked , as we have taken 16 rooms , and it's fully booked .

Hi, I'm going those dates, is Mike from RCM going with you?

Crowman 02 February 2014 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by -Nic- (Post 11342448)
Hi, I'm going those dates, is Mike from RCM going with you?

Hi, yes he is

-Nic- 02 February 2014 09:45 PM

Good stuff, I'm Nic, who he asked for the last double room for.
It should be a good trip :thumb:

Kedlestone 02 February 2014 09:48 PM

Is that mike former Scoobyworld mike? Don't know him close but used to see him a fair bit at SW and the odd time at Santa pod.

Crowman 02 February 2014 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by -Nic- (Post 11342489)
Good stuff, I'm Nic, who he asked for the last double room for.
It should be a good trip :thumb:

Hi Nic
Great stuff, I'm Martyn with the prototype P1
Look forward to meeting you, and yes it's going to be brilliant

Anger 03 February 2014 02:04 AM

I think I'm out there that weekend too :D

Crowman 03 February 2014 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 11342710)

Yeah if you ever book the ferry :)

Kedlestone 03 February 2014 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 11342710)

Still in the Evo bud?

Anger 03 February 2014 02:41 PM

Martyn there is no rush to book the ferry :D

Back in a modded STi Blob mate

Crowman 03 February 2014 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 11343097)

No rush, but might as well use Terry's code and get £30 off
You just like being lastminute.com :)

walsallboy 03 February 2014 07:54 PM

Im going in August Cant wait !

Kedlestone 03 February 2014 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 11343097)

Nice, be good to see it in the flesh.

Kedlestone 04 February 2014 10:14 PM

Well that was a right ball ache! Just finally got us all in a self catered apartment, every hotel is pretty much fully booked. Turns out this place looks better and cheaper when shared, plus right on the doorstep of the track. Anyway all done and booked :)

If anyone else is going down on the 2nd we will be heading for a 8am ferry I think.

classicwrx93 30 March 2014 11:10 PM

we will be there that weekend. Will be in a Blue Golf R. Not taking the old girl until end of september. Stopping at the Blau Ecke in Adenau. No doubt will see those that are making the trip in the car park. I'm sure the beer arrangements will follow from there :-)