ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   Help Needed With Speedo (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/996113-help-needed-with-speedo.html)

guerrero247 29 January 2014 09:19 PM

Help Needed With Speedo

Hi, im on sorting out a non turbo sport and the clocks have what seem like a leak on the mileage screen and im having trouble finding replacement clocks with the same white plugs on the rear and was so wondering if wrx/turbo 2000 clocks with same fitting plugs would be a straight swap over or would they not work at all?? all advice and help is greatly appreciated

urban 30 January 2014 08:58 AM

Probably get a better response if you post this in a different area

Funkii Munkii 30 January 2014 04:56 PM

You can see why it ended up in the "Sport" forum though :lol1:

urban 30 January 2014 05:18 PM

Indeed, budgy smugglers and all that :D

Funkii Munkii 30 January 2014 09:48 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of it being an impreza Sport, so where is the turbo section ;)

scooberuni 31 January 2014 12:39 AM

I've fitted clocks from a turbo to a couple of my sports before and they are a straight swap as long as the plugs at the back are the same. The only bad points are that the mileage will be different and I found that the petrol light doesn't come on until much later, probably due to the turbo car having a bigger tank?

scoobyJim2 31 January 2014 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by guerrero247 (Post 11338340)
Hi, im on sorting out a non turbo sport and the clocks have what seem like a leak on the mileage screen and im having trouble finding replacement clocks with the same white plugs on the rear and was so wondering if wrx/turbo 2000 clocks with same fitting plugs would be a straight swap over or would they not work at all?? all advice and help is greatly appreciated

I think you will need to get same as what you've got.one of my friends was messing about doing something to his classic impreza turbo and he had the clocks out and the car wouldn't rev up,as soon as he refitted them it was fine.something to do with gearbox speed sensor i guess.Also another friend used to have the astra gte with c20let turbo engine & 6speed box (f22 or f26 I think) and the digital dash and the speed sensor on the gearbox had to match the clocks or car wouldn't work properly either!

guerrero247 01 February 2014 08:26 PM

all sorted new clocks from turbo ordered will see what happens thanks guys much appreciated

scoobyJim2 02 February 2014 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by guerrero247 (Post 11341274)
all sorted new clocks from turbo ordered will see what happens thanks guys much appreciated

Good luck mate

guerrero247 07 February 2014 01:31 PM

all sorted turbo clocks went in direct fit and work better than the old standard sport clocks

scoobyJim2 07 February 2014 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by guerrero247 (Post 11346806)
all sorted turbo clocks went in direct fit and work better than the old standard sport clocks

Sorted :thumb: