ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Everyone is better off (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/995644-everyone-is-better-off.html)

stevebt 24 January 2014 05:36 PM

Everyone is better off

Yes the coalition reckon most people have seen a real world increase in their take home pay :D I don't know who the hell they have been speaking to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25869001

madscoob 24 January 2014 05:55 PM

bankers lol:thumb:

stevebt 24 January 2014 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11333279)
Wankers lol:thumb:

Edited for accuracy :D

Dingdongler 24 January 2014 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11333279)
bankers lol:thumb:

No, because the top 10% of earners haven't seen this increase.

Willowsdad 24 January 2014 06:50 PM

They also say that wages have increased, but not as much as the cost of living. Which is certainly true for me. But Both statements can't be true.:confused:

RA Dunk 24 January 2014 07:00 PM

Seen this on the news at lunch time.

If they say it, it must be true then. I must have missed the letter telling me of the payrise I havent had for years.

No doubt the usual will appear and tell me i'm wrong again.

Up yours wank3rs..

f1_fan 24 January 2014 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Willowsdad (Post 11333314)
They also say that wages have increased, but not as much as the cost of living. Which is certainly true for me. But Both statements can't be true.:confused:

No they're saying that currently, as in now, wages are rising faster than inflation. If it stays that way then it will redress the balance of the last 6 years where wages have risen less than inflation, but who knows what will happen. Not the politicians that's for sure!

It's probaly all manipulation of the figures anyway, but as long as the 'I'm alright Jack's in this country (and this forum) drink it in like the dumb scmucks they are the politicians will continue to rape the gravy train for all it is worth!

daveyj 24 January 2014 07:25 PM

Love to know where these wage rises are. Mine have been as is for 2 years. If I try for any more I price myself out of certain bread and butter jobs. All the while the minimum wage creeps up and I see my higher skilled job looking more and more less-well paid.

paulr 24 January 2014 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 11333267)
Yes the coalition reckon most people have seen a real world increase in their take home pay :D I don't know who the hell they have been speaking to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25869001

Each other.

paulr 24 January 2014 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by daveyj (Post 11333349)
Love to know where these wage rises are. Mine have been as is for 2 years. If I try for any more I price myself out of certain bread and butter jobs. All the while the minimum wage creeps up and I see my higher skilled job looking more and more less-well paid.

Skilled engineers. Some I know are raking it in.

daveyj 24 January 2014 07:54 PM

Well that accounts for a small percentage given nearly two thirds of the workforce is service-based. Still, we 're all in it together. :)

Tidgy 24 January 2014 08:13 PM

so the mp's pay rises kicked in today then,,, lol

MDS_WRX 24 January 2014 08:47 PM

We had a pay rise of 2% this year, the first rise we have had in 6 years. So, in "real-terms" they are right in my case as my wages are rising, but looking back over the last 6 years I reckon I have a good 25-35% less of that "take home" pay available to spend due to the inflation of all of the goods/services I have to spend it on.

Some people just don't live in the real world...

stipete75 24 January 2014 08:48 PM

I find it absolutely crazy that 99% of us peasants I mean general public even listen to, let alone believe what half these puppets say!
It's a case of I'm alright jack.
People need to wake up, we work our nuts off to make the rich richer whilst we get pittance.
MP's wage rise compared to the peasants. They are all lawful crooks.

stevebt 24 January 2014 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by stipete75 (Post 11333444)
MP's wage rise compared to the peasants. They are all lawful crooks.

But they have done nothing wrong as its within the rules :D

Dingdongler 24 January 2014 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11333325)
Seen this on the news at lunch time.

If they say it, it must be true then. I must have missed the letter telling me of the payrise I havent had for years.

No doubt the usual will appear and tell me i'm wrong again.

Up yours wank3rs..

Forget a pay rise I wouldn't give you a job in the first place:lol1:

alcazar 24 January 2014 09:05 PM

My wife, a headteacher, has had NO payrise for two years and 1% this year.

In that time, inflation has been around 2.8% pa, by their figures, so she is at least down by 7.4%........

How can they get away with telling lies like this?

And so soon after we are told of the massive fall in the rate of unemployment...but only in the S and SE.....

stipete75 24 January 2014 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11333474)

In that time, inflation has been around 2.8% pa, by their figures, so she is at least down by 7.4%........

How can they get away with telling lies like this?

And so soon after we are told of the massive fall in the rate of unemployment...but only in the S and SE.....

They get away with constant lies because "we" the common peasant do nothing about it. They constantly feed us bullsh#te on a daily basis. We all know it and they will continue to lie as they know they get away with it.

stevebt 24 January 2014 09:13 PM

I have never had a pay rise in 6 years and my take home pay has dropped 50%, I found a price list for the work I do and it was dated 2002 and on average it was £50 a week more than what I can make today.

f1_fan 24 January 2014 09:15 PM

7.5618% to be precise :D

ALi-B 25 January 2014 01:09 AM

I've had a wage cut.

Also had to go on wage holiday so other staff could get paid and to prevent accounts going on stop :(

I don't just blame this government though....I blame every single government that has been in power since 1997.

cster 25 January 2014 01:21 AM

I am gathering that the public sector (which is overpaid IMO) has seen no pay rise over the last 5 years. I speak from personal experience.
I assume therefore that any average increase in pay must have been solely due to increases in the private sector.
And must therefore in this sector, be (roughly) twice the average 2.5% increase in real terms.
I find this "statistic" hard to believe.
And by nature, I'm a glass half full man.

cuprajake 25 January 2014 07:49 AM

I'm a business owner nor me or my staff have had a pay rise for a few years, simply cannot afford to do so.

While in business terms all our overheads have gone up loads, gas electric water, paint has gone up 10% every year, and the Labour rate with ins goes down, we have to price match with Joe public as there skint too.

In a personal home thing same applies food gas electric has all gone up, so we slend more money there and have less to save.

I cannot understand where they get figures like this. I'm sure they just checked November and December as they know people get work for the Christmas period.

But hey not the first time they will the books

dpb 25 January 2014 08:39 AM

Probably offset it against the rapidly rising London house prices. :rolleyes:

hodgy0_2 25 January 2014 09:47 AM

Decent, I.e. fairly central property in London is going up by 75 to 100k a year

Very desirable 2 to 3 hundred K a year - minimum

(I know because I have had revaluations done recently)

f1_fan 25 January 2014 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by cuprajake (Post 11333726)
I'm a business owner nor me or my staff have had a pay rise for a few years, simply cannot afford to do so.

While in business terms all our overheads have gone up loads, gas electric water, paint has gone up 10% every year, and the Labour rate with ins goes down, we have to price match with Joe public as there skint too.

In a personal home thing same applies food gas electric has all gone up, so we slend more money there and have less to save.

I cannot understand where they get figures like this. I'm sure they just checked November and December as they know people get work for the Christmas period.

But hey not the first time they will the books

Can you please stop telling the truth as on SN daring to question the government's figures is considered unpatriotic and is seen as whining. People lke Ding and Chip will be along soon to tell you where you are going wrong in business and why you are obviously failing :thumb: :Whatever_

legb4rsk 25 January 2014 11:12 AM

Try my simple test.
Just checked my bank account.................Nah,it aint true.

:thumb:

alcazar 25 January 2014 11:42 AM

Hang on...we're all missing it.
Haven't MPs just been given a huge increase they were unable to turn down?

Chip 25 January 2014 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11333777)
People lke Ding and Chip will be along soon to tell you where you are going wrong in business and why you are obviously failing :thumb: :Whatever_

Good god no, though as you seem to think you are the fount of all knowledge maybe you could give him a few pointers ;)

ScoobyWon't 25 January 2014 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 11333840)
Good god no, though as you seem to think you are the fount of all knowledge maybe you could give him a few pointers ;)

While we're waiting for that forthcoming knowledge, may I suggest you spend all your money on a buy to let properties and do nothing but steal money from those who have to rent from you ;)