ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone ever changed to powder/rinse-aid dispenser on a dishwasher? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/995503-anyone-ever-changed-to-powder-rinse-aid-dispenser-on-a-dishwasher.html)

alcazar 22 January 2014 06:01 PM

Anyone ever changed to powder/rinse-aid dispenser on a dishwasher?

Is it really as simple as:

Remove door front.
Close door.
Unscrew/unclip dispenser.
Fit new one and refit door front?

NuNu9977 22 January 2014 06:30 PM

Yeah comes off quite easily. Well my hot point one dose. Should not be using rinse aid all new tablets have added rinse aid so you just overdosing ur dishwasher. So I've been told by my hot point engineer just add salt and a tablet. No rinse aid needed. My wife a childminder and our washer is on three times a day and needs fixing every few months. ;)

albob 22 January 2014 08:31 PM

the difficult bit is removing the door!! - The dispenser is only held on by a couple of small brackets.

What make is it ?

alcazar 22 January 2014 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by NuNu9977 (Post 11331338)
Yeah comes off quite easily. Well my hot point one dose. Should not be using rinse aid all new tablets have added rinse aid so you just overdosing ur dishwasher. So I've been told by my hot point engineer just add salt and a tablet. No rinse aid needed. My wife a childminder and our washer is on three times a day and needs fixing every few months. ;)

Tablets? You must be made of dosh. I can't run to tablets!
Cheap powder, £1 shop rinse-aid and salt for ours and it works just fine.

If you use a tablet, how can/do you adjust the rinse-aid dose? because it needs more in hard water areas?

Originally Posted by allbob
What make is it ?

AEG. New part ordered locally, £30.99.

Graz 23 January 2014 09:08 AM

I did read some information on the Internet a while back that you're actually better using separate powder and rinse aid.

The theory goes that your dishwasher knows exactly when in the cycle to add the powder and when to add the rinse aid (i.e. during the rinse cycle). With the tablets the rinse aid component is held in a bit of the tablet designed to dissolve after a certain period of time, problem is no two dishwashers have the same cycle times so the rinse aid could arrive too early or late. It made worse if you have a dishwasher like my Bosch that can vary the cycle times by monitoring how dirty the water is being pumped round the machine.

We used to use separate powder and rinse aid all the time but we had some tablets bought whilst on holiday etc. so the wife was keen to use them up. She thinks they're better but I'm not so sure. That said I'm sure our dishwasher would do a better job if the wife didn't fill it and then try to cram more stuff in.

Don't need to change anything on ours, separate compartments for powder / rinse aid and the powder compartment will take a tablet. If you are using tablets you just change a setting on the control panel to tell it not to try and add rinse aid (or tell you it's empty).