ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   reactivating a tracker without telling insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/993901-reactivating-a-tracker-without-telling-insurance.html)

the shreksta 04 January 2014 05:44 PM

reactivating a tracker without telling insurance

there has been a few car thefts in the area and i want to reactivate the rac tracker i have in my impreza.my insurance want £185 for me to do it-why?

surely its better to have a tracker on it?

can i reactivate it and not let them know or is that a big no-no

this is the same insurance company who once told me they dont insure imported evo 6's (they are all imported) but we managed to do it online on their website :cuckoo:

its also the same company who told me that if i kept my car in a garage overnight my premium would be higher as the would be thief has more undisturbed time to work on my car :Suspiciou

i swear they make this **** up as they go on

bustaMOVEs 04 January 2014 06:07 PM

Should be the opposite, you have a sh1t insurance company that want to pull your pants down every time you want to make your car less nickable.

Strange!

bustaMOVEs 04 January 2014 06:08 PM

I wonder if leaving keys in ignition would make it cheaper for you?

the shreksta 04 January 2014 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11312440)

i know :freak3:

the shreksta 05 January 2014 04:20 PM

anybody?

stonejedi 05 January 2014 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11312438)
Should be the opposite, you have a sh1t insurance company that want to pull your pants down every time you want to make your car less nickable.

Strange!

+1 something don't sound right:wonder:SJ.

stonejedi 05 January 2014 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11312440)

:lol1:Shrek mate I think it's time you change your insurance provider,I would just reactivate the tracker it's not as if your fitting a gold plated Ferrari engine in your car.SJ.

the shreksta 05 January 2014 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 11313484)
:lol1:Shrek mate I think it's time you change your insurance provider,I would just reactivate the tracker it's not as if your fitting a gold plated Ferrari engine in your car.SJ.

they are ****ing wankers mate,i almost choked when they said it will cost MORE with a tracker................:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

sssssteeeee 08 January 2014 06:04 PM

im with lv they said we will cover u to drive but in the event of theft car not covered , unless I activate my tracker.i asked how will u know if I have reactivated it so I can get full cover, we will know??? ok. havnt activated yet, like to but its another bill after all.:brickwall

tubbytommy 08 January 2014 06:07 PM

I wouldnt bother,if it gets nicked just wait for a new member to come on here and ask about the problems with his new car and you've nailed the thief :)

Willowsdad 08 January 2014 06:11 PM

Admiral told me it'd be more expensive with an rac trackstar, apparently thieves see it as a challenge?? Seriously?

the shreksta 08 January 2014 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11316983)
I wouldnt bother,if it gets nicked just wait for a new member to come on here and ask about the problems with his new car and you've nailed the thief :)

What you mean mate