ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Subaru impreza 2003 blobeye coilovers (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/993890-subaru-impreza-2003-blobeye-coilovers.html)

Scooby-Doo 2 04 January 2014 03:25 PM

Subaru impreza 2003 blobeye coilovers

Hi, I'm new to this forum as I've been into the euro scene until now.

Just got a blobeye impreza gx and wondered what would be the best way in means of lowering it..

Thanks a lot!

MeisterR 04 January 2014 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo 2 (Post 11312297)
Hi, I'm new to this forum as I've been into the euro scene until now.

Just got a blobeye impreza gx and wondered what would be the best way in means of lowering it..

Thanks a lot!

What are you after from the car?
You are after just low, or also handling?

What is your budget, and what do you want to use the car for?

Different goals and budget mean there are different way to achieve what you need.
Once we know more what you are after, then we can give a better suggestion on what is the best way forward.

Jerrick

Scooby-Doo 2 04 January 2014 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by MeisterR (Post 11312383)
What are you after from the car? You are after just low, or also handling? What is your budget, and what do you want to use the car for? Different goals and budget mean there are different way to achieve what you need. Once we know more what you are after, then we can give a better suggestion on what is the best way forward. Jerrick

I'm after a good handling road setup... My Main question is do WRX and STi coilover kits fit GX sports? I have had KW in the past so would probably like to stick with them if possible

MeisterR 04 January 2014 05:38 PM

If you had KW in the past and want to stick with them, then that is your choice.
I do feel you can get better value for your money, but then it is up to you to decide what is best for you.
I am happy to help you where I can.

For the blobeye, check the PCD of your wheels.
There is 1 version for the 5x100 PCD, and a different version for the Sti 5x114.3 PCD.
So match the PCD to the coilovers of your choice, then pretty much you shouldn't go wrong. :)

Hope that helps, any questions please feel free to let us know.

Jerrick

Scooby-Doo 2 04 January 2014 09:21 PM

[QUOTE="MeisterR;11312401"]If you had KW in the past and want to stick with them, then that is your choice. I do feel you can get better value for your money, but then it is up to you to decide what is best for you. I am happy to help you where I can. For the blobeye, check the PCD of your wheels. There is 1 version for the 5x100 PCD, and a different version for the Sti 5x114.3 PCD. So match the PCD to the coilovers of your choice, then pretty much you shouldn't go wrong. :) Hope that helps, any questions please feel free to let us know. Jerrick[/QUOTE

Before I had KW because they were the best value for money etc, if there are some cheaper that are around the same quality I'd go for them, at the minute in just going with what I know...

I've seen tien being used quite a lot, are they good? The cheaper the better:)

MeisterR 04 January 2014 09:40 PM

There are alot of more choices when it comes to the Japanese circle.

I aren't 100% sure on the price, but it shouldn't be far off each other as with the current offer the Zeta-R is around the £600 mark.

KW V1: No Top Mount, Single Perch Design, Non-adjustable twin-tube dampers.
MeisterR Zeta-R: Front camber adjustable top mount, rear top mount, dual perch design, adjustable mono-tube dampers.

In terms of performance specs, you get alot more for your money with MeisterR.

I am happy to provide info to help you make an inform decision, it is up to you to decide what is best for you.

Jerrick

Scooby-Doo 2 04 January 2014 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by MeisterR (Post 11312741)
There are alot of more choices when it comes to the Japanese circle. I aren't 100% sure on the price, but it shouldn't be far off each other as with the current offer the Zeta-R is around the £600 mark. KW V1: No Top Mount, Single Perch Design, Non-adjustable twin-tube dampers. MeisterR Zeta-R: Front camber adjustable top mount, rear top mount, dual perch design, adjustable mono-tube dampers. In terms of performance specs, you get alot more for your money with MeisterR. I am happy to provide info to help you make an inform decision, it is up to you to decide what is best for you. Jerrick

Any more info on the zeta-r? My PCD is 5x100

MeisterR 04 January 2014 09:51 PM

Picture and specs here: https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...group-buy.html

We do have 5x100 PCD in stock and the coilovers will bolt onto the car straight out of the box.
No other parts needed.

Jerrick

Scooby-Doo 2 04 January 2014 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by MeisterR (Post 11312758)
Picture and specs here: https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...group-buy.html We do have 5x100 PCD in stock and the coilovers will bolt onto the car straight out of the box. No other parts needed. Jerrick

Thanks a lot for the help, no doubt I'll be in touch soon

MeisterR 05 January 2014 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo 2 (Post 11312771)
Thanks a lot for the help, no doubt I'll be in touch soon

Not a problem, if you have any other questions just drop us a PM.
More than happy to help out where we can.

Jerrick

mauricegb 05 January 2014 03:53 PM

I've had KW V1's on my Blobeye WRX for a couple years, the stainless steel finish is quality and they still look like new. Very pleased with them, they've been set up from the factory to work well, no messing around.

Oh and with the KW's you just use your existing top mounts, its not a bad thing as the original rubber mounts help with noise insulation.

Scooby-Doo 2 05 January 2014 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by mauricegb (Post 11313413)
I've had KW V1's on my Blobeye WRX for a couple years, the stainless steel finish is quality and they still look like new. Very pleased with them, they've been set up from the factory to work well, no messing around. Oh and with the KW's you just use your existing top mounts, its not a bad thing as the original rubber mounts help with noise insulation.

This is what I'm stuck with... My KW's were really really nicely finished and made the car handle amazingly