ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Photoshoot in Manchester -testing the water! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/993791-photoshoot-in-manchester-testing-the-water.html)

f1_fan 03 January 2014 02:17 PM

Photoshoot in Manchester -testing the water!

Hi all,

In spring/summer I want to hire a large studio and take some professional pics of my car. Partly because I like my car and partly because I want to try my hand at shooting a car in a studio. I have done a lot of studio based pro photography in the past so know my way around lighting etc. but have never shot a car which will be a bit different and a learning experience.

I reckon the studio will cost from £250 - £500 for the day and use of lighting etc. so wondered if one or two others with particlularly nice cars might like to join in and share some of the cost. I reckon we will only get 3 cars shot in a day as we want to do a proper job with the lighting picking out the cars' highlights etc. and I can either do all the photography or hopefully some of you guys might do some of it as well.

We can even have some of the good togs on here come down to shoot other people's cars, I really don't mind!

Anyone like the sound of this?

P.S. Not saying we split the cost 33/33/33, just a contribution would be good!

Trinity 03 January 2014 05:08 PM

Im a lighting designer by trade buddy (concerts, events, performance, etc), so if you wanted some nice effects or expertise there i could possibly lend a hand

thenewgalaxy 03 January 2014 06:14 PM

Keen photographer here.

Got a nice car too though that's subject to opinion :P

YHPM :)

mickywrx 03 January 2014 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy (Post 11311358)
Keen photographer here.

Got a nice car too though that's subject to opinion :P

YHPM :)

You're buggered, Chris hates Hatchbacks. :razz:

thenewgalaxy 03 January 2014 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 11311388)
You're buggered, Chris hates Hatchbacks. :razz:

He'll think differently when he sees mine ;)

night_51 03 January 2014 10:20 PM

I could be interested in this if I can get some bits touched up on mine in time. :thumb:

PADDYHOEY 03 January 2014 11:47 PM

Poss interested in this. Time dependant of course.

f1_fan 03 January 2014 11:59 PM

Thanks for the replies and I will do some proper research into studios etc. All the studios I have shot in have been smaller, but I know of two or three around Manchester with the set up we need.

Trinity, thanks for the brilliant offer mate, but you are down in London are you not? Is the grimness of good old Manchester not a bit far, fantastic if it isn't :thumb:

drummerkev 04 January 2014 12:03 AM

Kean photographer here.... something iv wanted to do for a long time, but need to see how some does it... Manchester based too... car is going in for its chips spring time... so will be decent to photograph too....

Let me know mate i am definatly game for this.

night_51 04 January 2014 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11311822)
Thanks for the replies and I will do some proper research into studios etc. All the studios I have shot in have been smaller, but I know of two or three around Manchester with the set up we need.

Trinity, thanks for the brilliant offer mate, but you are down in London are you not? Is the grimness of good old Manchester not a bit far, fantastic if it isn't :thumb:

Well I'm defo in now. Gotta guy who will respray my boot lid (ironically in Manchester) so all I need to do is do my skirts which is easy so defo up for it. Give me a shout how much your after :thumb:

f1_fan 04 January 2014 01:30 AM

Cool, thanks for the additional replies. What I will do is sort out some costs and some potential dates and we can take it from there. If we can get to 6 cars we can do a couple of days and I may be able to get the rate down.

If anyone else is interested then please leave a post here.

It's a bit of an embryonic idea atm, but I think it has legs as they say :D