ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Ps4 update problem (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/991959-ps4-update-problem.html)

Worlasshasansti 08 December 2013 05:28 PM

Ps4 update problem

Anyone experienced this with the ps4? My brother has just bought one yesterday but can't play bf4 as every time it gets to the end of the 608mb download it says "cannot complete the update" it's infuriating as there seems to be nothing you can do about it and it doesn't give any pointers to help lol.

You need to complete the update to play online.

Seems to be a common problem after googling it but there is little to no info as to what to do about it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Mick

cjquicksilver 08 December 2013 05:36 PM

Was the same with cod ghosts I just keept trying after resetting my hub, (wasn't sure if that was the issue) think it was the amount of traffic on the PSN as mine was on launch day so just keep trying

Worlasshasansti 08 December 2013 05:43 PM

Cheers fella, our broadband is terrible the 600mb update takes 30 minutes and I've done it 5 times today lol! My brother tried twice yesterday and it took 5 hours hahaha

Mick

Geezer 09 December 2013 12:57 PM

Experienced no real issues so far except the sound drops out occasionally, mainly on BF4 but it also done it on Assassins Creed. On BF4 it's quite odd you still get some sound not all of it, like you can hear the odd gunshot but all the vehicle sounds stop, for example.

Shaun 10 December 2013 09:58 PM

BF4 has been quite a bugfest across all platforms tbh.

john banks 10 December 2013 10:09 PM

How do you check that BF4 and ACIV are updated on PS4?

Worlasshasansti 11 December 2013 05:52 PM

As far as I know the ps4 updates everything when needed, should tell you in "notifications" when it performed the update.

My bro finally got his sorted had to completely delete bf4 from the hard drive and start again for the console to accept the update :rolleyes:

Mick

P1Fanatic 13 December 2013 11:51 AM

All BF games are buggy tbh. That's just they way they are. Still my favourite game series though.

Managed to get into BF4 Division 1 for Skill and K:D ratio so must be doing something right :)

Worlasshasansti 20 December 2013 05:18 PM

Can anyone shed any light on why in bf4 when you are in "party chat" ( just talking to my brother while playing ) you can often here irritating Spanish people shouting at their Telly's?

It seems to be set up correctly, only us two in the party, volume set to "prioritise party" and chat set to "party chat" rather than "game chat" and every now and again you can here loads of random piffle through the headset and end up having to mess about muting people during the game. Oh and you have to mute them at the start of each game as it seems to self cancel after each round.