ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Dave HD on Sky tv. (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/990711-dave-hd-on-sky-tv.html)

CharlySkunkWeed 22 November 2013 05:18 PM

Dave HD on Sky tv.

Mines not working , anyone else having problems ?

Ant 22 November 2013 05:32 PM

Just that channel? What does it say on the screen?

Got to have a bit more info, I left my crystal ball at home

mystery_machine 22 November 2013 05:49 PM

Working ok here :)

CharlySkunkWeed 22 November 2013 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 11272261)
Just that channel? What does it say on the screen?

Got to have a bit more info, I left my crystal ball at home

Info banner comes up as normal with program details , but blue screen for 30sec then it pops up "box isnt getting a satellite signal" blah blah. This is the only channel , normal def Dave and Dave ja vu are ok .

ALi-B 22 November 2013 07:18 PM

Is Alibi HD or Sky News HD working?

If it not, then its a signal issue: Dave HD is on the northern beam transponder. Northern Ireland is closer to the edge of the footprint for a Sky mini dish.

Channels on this beam on the horzontal frequencies will be weaker. So basically, either your dish needs a tweek, your LNB is dying, water/corrosion/damage in the cable or the box is dying.

Most likely the dish needs a tweek....I have to do this on our 3metre dish in Spain every once in a while after a strong gale, where I start losing channels in the evening. :rolleyes:

CharlySkunkWeed 22 November 2013 07:55 PM

Alibi isnt , Sky News is . It was windy as hell here the other night . Though the signal bars are both pretty high. Does a "tweak" entail anything technical , or can I just give it a nudge ?

Ant 23 November 2013 07:36 AM

Giving it a nudge could give you a world of hurt and you could lose everything, get an independent installer out shouldn't charge any more than £40 to re-align your dish using the correct meter.

Galifrey 23 November 2013 10:06 AM

Ring Sky, the local installer will come out and tweak your dish for you.

CharlySkunkWeed 23 November 2013 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Galifrey (Post 11272758)
Ring Sky, the local installer will come out and tweak your dish for you.

Will it be free ? Suppose I could ring Sky and ask !

Galifrey 23 November 2013 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed (Post 11272810)
Will it be free ? Suppose I could ring Sky and ask !

I am sure it would be if you say "ah well may as well cancel then if I can't get a signal"

:thumb:

CharlySkunkWeed 23 November 2013 04:55 PM

Well I can only try :-)

CharlySkunkWeed 26 November 2013 09:16 PM

Went to ring Sky tonight as the problem hadn't fixed itself , but decided to power it off 1st out of curiosity. Powered it back up and everything is tikityboo.

"Have you tried turning it off and back on again ?"