ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   M135i again (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/990583-m135i-again.html)

Matteeboy 20 November 2013 05:46 PM

M135i again

So I had Winter tyres fitted yesterday and when doing the tracking, a fairly important bolt broke. So major hassles going to my main dealer (an hour away!) where they told me it couldn't be done today. My frustration turned into possible interest when I spoke to a salesman about the M135i.
So I can get 18% off an "in build" estoril blue 5 door sport auto with a few extras (no nav but I think I might be better off with a Garmin anyway?) and I could have it before Christmas. I also wouldn't have to fix the car... But I would have to take the winter tyres back off (!) and hopefully use them on the new car (they fit but I'd need cheap winter wheels).
Thoughts?

It just feels like the possible start of issues with the 335d...

tony de wonderful 20 November 2013 06:10 PM

What does 'in build' mean?

Matteeboy 20 November 2013 06:22 PM

It's being built!

ditchmyster 20 November 2013 06:24 PM

Go for it, you've wanted one for a while now so get on with it because I for one am sick of hearing you bleat on about it.:lol1:

You only live once kid.:thumb:

Truss 20 November 2013 06:31 PM

Sytner Solihull are doing these at £299pcm at the moment in 5 door only.
My father has a 3 door which I love, and im very tempted to get rid of the scoob while they are this price.

ditchmyster 20 November 2013 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Truss (Post 11270243)
My father has a 3 door which I love, and im very tempted to get rid of the scoob while they are this price.

:eek: bloody hell, I could be tempted by that, where's my cheque book.:wonder:

'7' 20 November 2013 06:34 PM

Go for it. I'd personally go for the sat nav, a few times recently I've been on the move and needed directions for the sat nav. Rather than stop, look up the postcode of the destination and then input it to my sat nav, I simply phoned BMW from the car, asked them to look it up and then they transmitted the directions directly to my sat nav.

Can't do that with your Garmin ;-)

Matteeboy 20 November 2013 06:44 PM

Have you got business or pro?

It's not a done deal but it's tempting.

We have semi integrated sat nav in the van and it's handy but they seem to date quickly. I will keep looking around though! Ideally I want grey.

'7' 20 November 2013 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11270264)
Have you got business or pro?

It's not a done deal but it's tempting.

We have semi integrated sat nav in the van and it's handy but they seem to date quickly. I will keep looking around though! Ideally I want grey.

Can't recall at the moment but it's the top one.

Truss 20 November 2013 07:29 PM

thats on the business, my dad has pro and its good, but not quite that good!

nik52wrx 20 November 2013 07:31 PM

Sounds like the type of thing I say to the mrs to justify a new purchase :D

Go for it, you only live once!

Nik

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11270193)

It just feels like the possible start of issues with the 335d...

Matteeboy 20 November 2013 07:43 PM

I think the wheels are in motion.

Broadspeed can do one for £30k with the exact spec I want. This local one works out at £29k (including my car as p/x).

Hmmm…

Anyway I have been banging on about one for bloody ages now - sometimes these things are quick (we decided on and bought the California within a week!), other times they seem to take us aaaaaggggessss..

bustaMOVEs 20 November 2013 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Truss (Post 11270243)

That's a cracking deal!

Matteeboy 20 November 2013 08:39 PM

I've looked at lease rates better than 299pcm and they still don't work out very well in my tiny mind. It's basically around £10k to rent one for two years. With nothing at the end of it and stick ANY options on and the rate rockets out of proportion to the cost of the extras - we are talking from £290 (5 door sport auto) to over £400 if you want nav and a few other goodies.

I've done the maths on "great" deals on PCP - you pay more in interest than you "save" in the list price. If you compare it to getting a good deal with cash, it's actually very silly indeed.

I still can't do better than haggling for cash, unless you can get 0% finance...

bustaMOVEs 20 November 2013 08:50 PM

Get a good deposit and go hire purchase unless you want to change every few years

drb5 20 November 2013 10:00 PM

Go for it! You've wanted one for long enough lol

thenewgalaxy 20 November 2013 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11270246)
:eek: bloody hell, I could be tempted by that, where's my cheque book.:wonder:

I thought spending £30k on a car was a daft thing to do now you're older and have different priorities :lol1:

I guess we all have different ways of wanting to spend £30k! ;)

Devildog 21 November 2013 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11270484)
I've looked at lease rates better than 299pcm and they still don't work out very well in my tiny mind. It's basically around £10k to rent one for two years. With nothing at the end of it and stick ANY options on and the rate rockets out of proportion to the cost of the extras - we are talking from £290 (5 door sport auto) to over £400 if you want nav and a few other goodies.

I've done the maths on "great" deals on PCP - you pay more in interest than you "save" in the list price. If you compare it to getting a good deal with cash, it's actually very silly indeed.

I still can't do better than haggling for cash, unless you can get 0% finance...

Stuff the Nav, Estoril blue is lovely in the flesh and just do it. £3,480 a year is buttons for that car. Even at £400 a month its still good.

Yes you might be able to pick one up with a few extras for say £28k. Is it going to be worth significantly more than £18,400 in two years to make the capital outlay worthwhle? Borderline at best Matt.

billyray911 21 November 2013 02:07 PM

What broke on the 335?If this was something as part of changing the winters over and the tracking,it's not really a start of things going wrong.
However,you know you want one,we know you want one-there's a deal do be done so what are you waiting for?:norty:

ditchmyster 21 November 2013 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy (Post 11270694)
I thought spending £30k on a car was a daft thing to do now you're older and have different priorities :lol1:

I guess we all have different ways of wanting to spend £30k! ;)

It was somewhat tongue in cheek, but £299 pcm is £3600 per year not 30k, big difference. ;)

Matteeboy 21 November 2013 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by billyray911 (Post 11271174)
What broke on the 335?If this was something as part of changing the winters over and the tracking,it's not really a start of things going wrong.
However,you know you want one,we know you want one-there's a deal do be done so what are you waiting for?:norty:

The eccentric tracking bolt. Local dealer (an hour away) booked it in, I went down, they told me they couldn't fit it in. They also wanted over £400.
Sourced the parts myself, ATS are doing it all for £70. £12 for the parts. Ermmmmm....

It's a minor error but it's been a pain to sort and the car really I'd getting on now. Still only 57k miles though!

ditchmyster 21 November 2013 04:16 PM

£400 to supply and fit a camber bolt. :freak3:

On second thoughts i'll stick with my wrx wagon.:)

AT 57k it's just about run in.:thumb:

bustaMOVEs 21 November 2013 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11270359)
I think the wheels are in motion.

Broadspeed can do one for £30k with the exact spec I want. This local one works out at £29k (including my car as p/x).

Hmmm…

Anyway I have been banging on about one for bloody ages now - sometimes these things are quick (we decided on and bought the California within a week!), other times they seem to take us aaaaaggggessss..

So am I right in thinking that they are giving you £1k for your car as p/x?

Matteeboy 21 November 2013 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11271322)
So am I right in thinking that they are giving you £1k for your car as p/x?

£9k is being offered. I'm pretty sure I could get nearer £11k private but it's a hassle - they'd need to tweak the "price to change" which is currently £20k.

Dingdongler 21 November 2013 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by '7' (Post 11270248)
Go for it. I'd personally go for the sat nav, a few times recently I've been on the move and needed directions for the sat nav. Rather than stop, look up the postcode of the destination and then input it to my sat nav, I simply phoned BMW from the car, asked them to look it up and then they transmitted the directions directly to my sat nav.

Can't do that with your Garmin ;-)

Really?? I never knew that could be done. I wonder if my car allows that.

zip106 21 November 2013 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 11271402)
Really?? I never knew that could be done. I wonder if my car allows that.

Our Alpina does it.

Can even send it a route from Google maps from my computer....
And it will show a pic of my destination on the screen.

You need to be signed up for the BMW connected drive.

hodgy0_2 21 November 2013 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11271253)
The eccentric tracking bolt. Local dealer (an hour away) booked it in, I went down, they told me they couldn't fit it in. They also wanted over £400.
Sourced the parts myself, ATS are doing it all for £70. £12 for the parts. Ermmmmm....

It's a minor error but it's been a pain to sort and the car really I'd getting on now. Still only 57k miles though!

mattee, how is it holding up bodywise - with all that salty air

(although I am sure you give it a good hosing down regularly)

I must admit I would think twice about buying a car that lived just off the beach

Matteeboy 21 November 2013 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11271447)
mattee, how is it holding up bodywise - with all that salty air

(although I am sure you give it a good hosing down regularly)

I must admit I would think twice about buying a car that lived just off the beach

It's a consideration for sure but I am fanatical about hosing or pressure washing it at least once, usually twice a week underneath - The neighbours must think I do nothing but clean the car and the van. Both fine (the camper is very well galvanised) but it's a good consideration.

I have an ad up on Autotrader should anyone fancy a 335d SE Touring with 57k miles ;)

hodgy0_2 21 November 2013 07:40 PM

well a good buy for someone mattee

i am sure you have really looked after it (and from what i remember good spec and the right colour combo)

& good luck with the sale/new purchase

just a shame it is not 4wd

Matteeboy 21 November 2013 07:50 PM

Cheers Hodgy! I do think it's a good car but my slightly OCD eyes spot little blemishes, the odd swirl, the odd mark on a wheel, etc. Looking at others for sale, mostly with intergalactic mileages and often savagely chavved up, I do think it's a decent example.