ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Hermes delivery (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/990310-hermes-delivery.html)

RobsyUK 17 November 2013 09:18 AM

Hermes delivery

I purchased an astra rear quarter glass for £10 delivered from a guy breaking a car on ebay.

Being £10 I wasnt too worried about loosing £10 but with the guy having a good feedback score - up to date with 15 positives this month I went through with the order.

Last Sat he said he has posted it I chased Wednesday and he said there were no boats to where he is due to high winds.

I asked for the tracking number and he said he didnt have one as it was through his (my hermes) i didnt belive him at all ad im sure they would stll give a tracking number.

He doesnt act like a scammer- we have passed several texts even me sending one to him that was for someone else and we joked about it.

He then said it was sitting in Inverness depot so I went back and said I cant belive it would take over a week to get here from Inverness and if he wasnt a scammer could he send me a screen shot of the screen confirming this.

He has rudly replied saying" As ive told you before blah blah blah its out of my hands its with hermes".

Is there a way i can call hermes without a tracking number to see if there is a parcel in their system with my address on?

Im more then happy to go to the police and start cival proceedings - have all emails and texts but want to give him the benifit of the doubt.

And i need this window.

the shreksta 17 November 2013 09:19 AM

hermes are ****e so it wouldnt surprise me if they have ****ed up

hodgy0_2 17 November 2013 09:24 AM

Police, cival proceedings!!! (Whatever the fvck that is)

Is this a joke?

Midlife...... 17 November 2013 09:53 AM

An advert has appeared on the forecourt of my local petrol station saying that they now do My Hermes.........just about sums it up really.

They have a worse reputation than Yodel or Home Delivery Service.

Shaun

LeeRoyV 17 November 2013 10:00 AM

I've been using my hees for a while and and I hope I'm not speaking to soon but I've had no issues with them :/

That aside they have a habit of giving a barcode number but if you take the dashes out of it it can be used as the tracking number generally

RobsyUK 17 November 2013 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11266764)
Police, cival proceedings!!! (Whatever the fvck that is)

Is this a joke?

If it is a scammer why shouldnt i contact the police and follow it through?

I have the skills, funds and attitude to.

Ant 17 November 2013 10:21 AM

The "skills" :lol1:

Maz 17 November 2013 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 11266782)

Steady on Robsy. Are you confusing ambition and ability? You should have paid via PayPal and will be able to claim through them. I wouldn't bother wasting the police's time over a ten quid window. Plus as you've said you were prepared to suffer the loss if things went awry.

dpb 17 November 2013 12:07 PM

I think I'd been tempted to buy from nearer home

dpb 17 November 2013 12:56 PM

I reckon he's genuine

Unless its coming from Birmingham. :lol1:

Boro 17 November 2013 01:14 PM

The Police? Really?!

Start a dispute in Ebay, end of.

Police, lol.

47 NAT 17 November 2013 01:41 PM

The last parcel I had via them took 11 working days to turn up.

tony de wonderful 17 November 2013 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 11266782)
If it is a scammer why shouldnt i contact the police and follow it through?

For £10? **** ups do happen.

Fonzey 17 November 2013 02:09 PM

I had an issue with a decat downpipe bought on this forum. Hermes took best part of three weeks to deliver it.

Good comms from the seller kept me at ease though, but a terrible, terrible courier.

When it finally arrived, it was a fella in no uniform in an Astra van.

tony de wonderful 17 November 2013 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fonzey (Post 11266966)
I had an issue with a decat downpipe bought on this forum. Hermes took best part of three weeks to deliver it.

Good comms from the seller kept me at ease though, but a terrible, terrible courier.

When it finally arrived, it was a fella in no uniform in an Astra van.

Yeah it's dodgy contractors. I once had a delivery from some random dude in a nova.

Scooby Soon! 17 November 2013 04:20 PM

/Rant mode on

Hermes are fine I send thousands of parcels with them a few remote places do take longer ( I have one going to shetlands at the moment and its been 8 days no delivered) but YOU (aka jo bloggs, aka the general pubic want delivery as cheap or free as possible. which means corners have to be cut and sacrifices need to be made). The cost of a proper courier with all the customer serving trimmings for a normal parcel will cost £10 all in and 99.9% of people do not want to pay! hermes is about £3

I occasionally get customers moaning "my parcel was left in my porch, anything could of happened to it!" what they meant to say with very sorry that I bought something online and I am never at home to accept delivery I will try to blame the courier or sender for the problem...

In a recent independent survey Hermes came joint 4th with UPS well ahead many other carriers

/rant mode off

In regards to the OP's parcel, Hermes issue tracking number for every item if he has not sent one through most likely he has not despatched it, I very much doubt he is on the way to the Bahamas with your £10 to fund a new lifestyle sipping beer and laying on the beach.

f1_fan 17 November 2013 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon! (Post 11267077)
In regards to the OP's parcel, Hermes issue tracking number for every item if he has not sent one through most likely he has not despatched it, I very much doubt he is on the way to the Bahamas with your £10 to fund a new lifestyle sipping beer and laying on the beach.

Whilst this may be true and it is only £10 it does not make it right.

I am not sure what sort of culture we are in where people get laughed at for getting scammed (not aimed at you btw)!

hodgy0_2 17 November 2013 06:12 PM

I think it's funny that as soon as something does not arrive immediately, the first reaction is "scammer"

It seems the default reaction these days

Would someone who trades on ebay with good feedback scam for tenner

alcazar 17 November 2013 06:32 PM

What gets me is that his first post says he's not bothered "loosing" (sic) £10, then he goes on to threaten the police and cival (sic) action.

Is it a wind-up?

tubbytommy 17 November 2013 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11267232)
What gets me is that his first post says he's not bothered "loosing" (sic) £10, then he goes on to threaten the police and cival (sic) action.

Is it a wind-up?

robsy and the truth are total strangers, if you ever read his faye thread.:thumb:

f1_fan 17 November 2013 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11267216)
I think it's funny that as soon as something does not arrive immediately, the first reaction is "scammer"

It seems the default reaction these days

Would someone who trades on ebay with good feedback scam for tenner

Funny you should say that. There is a thread in General where a guy is asking about a car he just bought that came with a PPP certificate, but doesn't seem to have PPP.

Before anyone had posted to clarify whether the PPP is easily identifiable or exactly what the certificate means on that specific model or whether he had called up the dealer he had bought it off there were umpteen posts suggesting legal action and trading standards involvement etc. etc.

When I opined that maybe the first thing to do would be to call the supplying dealer and have a chat about it as if they aren't Subaru specilaists they won't have known either and maybe they will sort out a partial refund or some such I was shot dwon in flames by the new SN self appointed legal expert from Wales...... strange place this these days :cuckoo:

f1_fan 17 November 2013 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11267233)
robsy and the truth are total strangers, if you ever read his faye thread.:thumb:

Ah yes, I had forgotten about Faye :lol1::lol1:

tubbytommy 17 November 2013 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11267245)
Funny you should say that. There is a thread in General where a guy is asking about a car he just bought that came with a PPP certificate, but doesn't seem to have PPP.

Before anyone had posted to clarify whether the PPP is easily identifiable or exactly what the certificate means on that specific model or whether he had called up the dealer he had bought it off there were umpteen posts suggesting legal action and trading standards involvement etc. etc.

When I opined that maybe the first thing to do would be to call the supplying dealer and have a chat about it as if they aren't Subaru specilaists they won't have known either and maybe they will sort out a partial refund or some such I was shot dwon in flames by the new SN self appointed legal expert from Wales...... strange place this these days :cuckoo:

would that be the same self appointed expert that was going to make scoobynet a safe place to post and didnt like all the bad feeling and trolling.

then started and aramgeddon trolling and baiting thread???:lol1:

hes gone strangely quiet http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb7efdb92.gif

f1_fan 17 November 2013 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11267255)

Yep but now he's back!!

ALi-B 17 November 2013 07:04 PM

Unlucky, or so it seems.

RobsyUK 17 November 2013 09:56 PM

I hope he isnt a scammer as i want the window and yes its only a tenner so not the end of the world.

If it doesnt turn up in a few weeks then i will hand it over to the police as i have paid for an item that hasnt been recieved.
It wasnt through ebay by the way.

I havent jumped on the wagon saying scammer i started this thread to ask if hermes give tracking numbers for their (my hermes) clients and how long would it take for them to deliver it..

All of those that want to suck my balls thinking it's a wind up. What one do you want first?

Scooby Soon! 17 November 2013 10:17 PM

Police won't be interested

hodgy0_2 17 November 2013 10:31 PM

Do you think he should go down the UN route instead?

RobsyUK 18 November 2013 06:45 PM

Unicef it is.

dpb 18 November 2013 07:00 PM

You'd get legal aid

except you're not bulgarian