ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Pricing S600BSS (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/990301-pricing-s600bss.html)

TheCrispyDuck 17 November 2013 12:44 AM

Pricing S600BSS

Hi every one I think the time has come, I am thinking of retiring my car and it has the number plate S600BSS so done correctly with the screw it actually looks more like Scoobs. I am just wondering what do you guys think its worth ?

Thanks

TheCrispyDuck

grey_boy 17 November 2013 07:57 AM

£150-250

MattyB1983 17 November 2013 10:10 AM

Yea I agree, a couple of hundred quid.

kirky1 17 November 2013 11:19 AM

ive got a private plate S55 DWB do you think thats worth much?

MattyB1983 17 November 2013 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by kirky1 (Post 11266832)
ive got a private plate S55 DWB do you think thats worth much?

Nope.

TheCrispyDuck 17 November 2013 01:09 PM

Ahh man well if its not going to make good money it shall ride on the car till the car dies haha.

TheCrispyDuck 17 November 2013 02:51 PM

Or until some one thinks its worth more haha

LuckyWelshchap 17 November 2013 03:20 PM

It's a thing with plates.

Someone might think "WOW, I can have SCOOBSS" on my car.
Stuart Smith might say "WOW - SCOOB SS, on my car".

Comments on here haven't been like that, so I guess you won't get much joy (here).

With plates I think you have to find your market, and the biggest one is probably E-bay.
You've very little to lose and if you're lucky someone besotted with having SCOOBSS on their Justy and Stuart Smith will fight over it.

Personally I think someone somewhere would fork out a couple of hundred for it but my guess is, well, just a guess.

Worlasshasansti 17 November 2013 03:38 PM

I would have thought around £400 easy especially with all the knackers you see driving round with scooby doo stickers on their subarus :brickwall

I looked at private plates a while ago as I always regretted not buying a plate which I could have kept for life (suited me, not a particular car) and tbh most of the plates even ones which seemed to have little meaning were around 400 all in on the dvla site.

Mick

Scooby Soon! 17 November 2013 04:21 PM

nothing

TheCrispyDuck 17 November 2013 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon! (Post 11267078)
nothing

well ..

LuckyWelshchap 18 November 2013 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Worlasshasansti (Post 11267043)
I would have thought around £400 easy especially with all the knackers you see driving round with scooby doo stickers on their subarus :brickwall

I looked at private plates a while ago as I always regretted not buying a plate which I could have kept for life (suited me, not a particular car) and tbh most of the plates even ones which seemed to have little meaning were around 400 all in on the dvla site.

Mick

I'd therefore still suggest putting it up on Ebay.
Not much to lose and everything to gain.

I can understand Scooby Soon not being interested.
SCOOB (Scooby Soon) is a paradox, since it couldn't be soon if it was aleady there....er....if you see what I mean. :)

TheCrispyDuck 18 November 2013 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap (Post 11267664)
I'd therefore still suggest putting it up on Ebay.
Not much to lose and everything to gain.

I can understand Scooby Soon not being interested.
SCOOB (Scooby Soon) is a paradox, since it couldn't be soon if it was aleady there....er....if you see what I mean. :)

I have no Idea what you mean haha I get mine tho S600BSS or SCOOBSS haha

LuckyWelshchap 19 November 2013 01:07 AM

I don't blame you, my humour is sometimes er..... unique.

Seriously though, I think it's worth putting it on E-bay or the like.
All joking apart, if it ticks all someone's boxes it'll bring you more than a couple of quid, and if it ticks more than 1 person's boxes you should be happy with the result.

Again, good luck if you put it up for auction. :thumb:

PS bear in mind that a reg someone would die for can cost just £250 from DVLA. It's how I got (and what the wife paid for) mine. :)