ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Compared to Lee Rigby (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/990091-compared-to-lee-rigby.html)

cster 14 November 2013 06:52 AM

Compared to Lee Rigby

An interseting set of points raised by this jounalist.
http://www.trendingcentral.com/media...ing-shames-us/

Xx-IAN-xX 14 November 2013 08:53 AM

Think the public are bored with this area of the world , let's face it they have been at each other's throats for centuries. It is a way of life ( or death) depending how you want to look at it .

riiidaa 14 November 2013 08:56 AM

Rigby FFS not Rugby

Maz 14 November 2013 09:12 AM

When making a point it's prudent to get the spelling and factual content right. Otherwise one looks rather foolish.

JTaylor 14 November 2013 09:50 AM

I think the article makes a fair point. I follow the IDF on Twitter and I'm often surprised by the attacks on Israel and its people that either go unreported or are buried.

Ant 14 November 2013 10:34 AM

:facepalm:

cster 14 November 2013 11:33 AM

I'm not making a point - other than we should try to be self aware of our human (nature) failings.
Only then can we address them.
It doesn't bother me if anyone is racist in their outlook, because I believe we all are.
It is just that most people are in denial.
My first thought when I heard this story, was so what, he is Israeli - what does he expect. My second thought was by what process did I arrive at my first thought.
Respects to the memory of Lee Rigby.

Miniman 14 November 2013 01:04 PM

Not sure I agree. BBC may have buried it, but I saw it yesterday on the Most Read section. Clearly that's a user generated priority, but at least the BBC didn't bury that.

Besides at school I was taught that referring to multiple media sources was always a good idea. Sadly most people's perception of "media" is the one news source they read. In this sense it's not the media's fault that people do not view more sources to get different news and viewpoints.

warrenm2 14 November 2013 02:20 PM

It is another example of how media outlets skew the news to their own agendas. Thankfully the internet helps to redress the balance and show up these outlets for the biased crap that they are (unless of course they're your bias in which case they're great!)

JTaylor 14 November 2013 02:50 PM

Mods, would one of you be kind enough to spell the title correctly, please? Tia.

DJ Dunk 14 November 2013 02:55 PM

:thumb:

Luan Pra bang 16 November 2013 11:15 PM

I think the article is ridiculous, when has a Palestinian being injured ever made international headlines, terror attacks in the uk are rare, especially using machetes and in the middle of the day hence big news.

grey_boy 16 November 2013 11:29 PM

Journalists are all see you next tuesdays- read and be taken on their ride

RIP Corp L Rigby

The Trooper 1815 16 November 2013 11:38 PM

http://www.trendingcentral.com/video-gay-islam/

This interesting.

cster 17 November 2013 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang (Post 11266607)
I think the article is ridiculous, when has a Palestinian being injured ever made international headlines, terror attacks in the uk are rare, especially using machetes and in the middle of the day hence big news.

I find it interesting that you think -
Being knifed to death when you are sleeping on a bus is "being injured".
I find it interesting that you think -
Terror attacks are especially rare in the UK. From the gunpowder plot, through the Irish troubles and looking at the current situation I'm not sure I see things your way. And if they are, it is perhaps due to those who protect us and not the misguided who seek to hurt us.
I find it interesting that you think - attacks using machetes in the middle of the day to kill people is especially rare, I can think of a good few cases involving nutters (or family) over the least few years.

Which I guess brings me back to my original tenet - which is that maybe you might reflect on why it is you think this way.
Which is not to say you are wrong, but maybe it is worth a think about?

cster 17 November 2013 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11266623)

I must say, that guy does have a rather comedic turn of phrase.

Moz_Rb5 17 November 2013 11:17 AM

Life is cheap in the middle east (and many other parts of the world) that's why it's not making the news, it's sadly "nothing new".

When was the last time anyone was beheaded on British soil? Let alone a soldier! That's what made it worldwide news.

mrmadcap 17 November 2013 05:31 PM

It's funny that they fire their AK's into the air and the dumb cnuts don't realise that what goes up, must come down, therefore a Palestinian child dies, and they blame the Israelis!!!!

Ant 17 November 2013 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by mrmadcap (Post 11267157)
It's funny that they fire their AK's into the air and the dumb cnuts don't realise that what goes up, must come down, therefore a Palestinian child dies, and they blame the Israelis!!!!

What speed do you think the bullets come down at?

Moz_Rb5 17 November 2013 08:24 PM

120mph terminal velocity? Sure there's the same message about throwing coins of skyscrapers isn't there?

mickywrx 17 November 2013 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 11267376)
What speed do you think the bullets come down at?

Possibly fast enough to penetrate a childs skull.