ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WARNING TO ALL (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/989017-warning-to-all.html)

McFartenplop 30 October 2013 11:32 PM

WARNING TO ALL

WARNING TO ALL!!!

I posted up last week about a set of STi lights that I sold to STEPHEN J BEAUMONT.

They were advertised as having a crack on one lens. He wished to buy them as a listed item on Ebay. They were listed and he bought the, however once they were delivered he complained that the rear of the light also had a crack and a missing bolt. I agreed to get them picked up and refund him but he started a dispute on Ebay reason being ''just to keep himself right''

By doing this, Ebay gave me three choices. Partial refund of £25 (which he innisiated), a full refund of £70 once the items were returned to me, or, let Ebay deal with it.

I agreed to a full refund once the items were returned to me, which he wasnt best pleased about as he said he wanted the £25 partial refund and to keep the lights.

I told him as he had started the Ebay dispute, I was happy to deal with it through Ebay. He then had 7 days to return the light for a full refund.

Today was the final day for him to supply tracking details and to my utter disbelief, I got a message from Ebay:

The buyer has provided tracking information.
Please issue a refund of £70.00 after the item has arrived.

Tracking #:
GYD09115

Courier:
citylink

THIS IS THE TRACKING NUMBER FROM WHEN THEY WERE DELIVERED!!!

He has supplied my delivered tracking details from the 23rd October to Ebay and tried to use this to say he's returned them to me!!!

NO ITEMS HAVE BEEN RETURNED

Ive called Ebay customer services (UK) who were actually very helpful and could see what was going on and assured me this will be dealt with and no refund will be given but Im posting this up as a warning to others and laso, if anyone knows STEPHEN J BEAUMONT, could you please let him know its could be in his best interests to publicly appologies to me for trying to fraudulently obtain the items to me as I have his full address and will be posting this on Scoobynet, Scottish Scoobies, ScoobyIreland and MLR.

Someone, somewhere in Ipswich knows him

jaygsi 30 October 2013 11:55 PM

Crafty, had that with tyres sold on ebay, always mark your items with your initials some where

scoobyman2007 30 October 2013 11:57 PM

Good on you mate for not giving in to him as I have had this done to me

JonMc 31 October 2013 12:01 AM

Too many of these scams around and once you phone up eBay are actually quite helpful. Whilst they do still err on the side of the buyer they seem switched on to the scams:thumb:

LUCKO 31 October 2013 12:08 AM

scammed on Ebay shock horror

McFartenplop 31 October 2013 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by LUCKO (Post 11250909)
scammed on Ebay shock horror

Originally Posted by McFartenplop (Post 11250877)

Ive called Ebay customer services (UK) who were actually very helpful and could see what was going on and assured me this will be dealt with and no refund will be given but Im posting this up as a warning to others

No

imprezaworks 31 October 2013 12:21 AM

**** trick

bugblue1 31 October 2013 12:29 AM

this seems to be the new thing to do,to get goods for nowt,hope they get what they deserve.

sharpy2010 31 October 2013 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by McFartenplop (Post 11250877)
if anyone knows STEPHEN J BEAUMONT, could you please let him know its could be in his best interests to publicly appologies to me for trying to fraudulently obtain the items to me as I have his full address and will be posting this on Scoobynet, Scottish Scoobies, ScoobyIreland and MLR.

Wouldn't it be a better idea rather than obtaining an apology to simply go round and kick his head in?

exevo3 31 October 2013 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by sharpy2010 (Post 11250977)
Wouldn't it be a better idea rather than obtaining an apology to simply go round and kick his head in?

:lol::lol::lol:.....:hjtwofing

Trinity 31 October 2013 11:33 AM

What was his username on here?

ScoobyForLife27 31 October 2013 11:35 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong. He provided a tracking number from date before dispute was opened, right ? How stupid is that ??!!

JDM_Stig 31 October 2013 11:44 AM

Problem is ebay make no money with disputes so they dont really care

ace1981 31 October 2013 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyForLife27 (Post 11251144)
Correct me if I'm wrong. He provided a tracking number from date before dispute was opened, right ? How stupid is that ??!!

Very stupid, if you ask me.

Shouldn't be too difficult to provide the full tracking history for that shipment number which will show it went from the seller to Ipswich, rather than vice versa.

The guy is giving you more evidence to use against him with this dispute, might as well make use of it.

huzzy1 04 November 2013 04:51 PM

Pm me his address mate, I'm in Ipswich. Think I know his car.

bustaMOVEs 04 November 2013 05:00 PM

There's bloody loads of these folk about IMO, I returned items back with my own tracking info supplied etc and the fecker said he hasn't Recived items and said he's Recived a cd or summat to try get keep the money and his items, but I got my refund anyway do I don't care. Says he's going to take it further, I'm still waiting,
They will try owt. I try buy brand new now as these things are getting too popular now unless I know of the seller.

Bean1984 04 November 2013 05:13 PM

Or just do what i do. Deal with people in person. At least that way, they cant open up any claim etc. The get too see the product simple as that

daveyj 04 November 2013 05:41 PM

Had someone in Scotland try that recently with a vauxhall astra digi dash. Tried claiming it arrived without the transducer and said packaging was damaged. Wanted a refund so I called bluff and said yes as long as i get both dash and transducer back and if unique security markings match up. Low and behold he decided to keep items and i got paid. 27 bloody quid. I mean really?!

Tony Harrington 04 November 2013 06:54 PM

Well done mate for going public & flagging this up, I had an issue with someone selling me a so called brand new item! When it arrived it had marks on it & residue where it had been fitted!

Fortunately the dispute went in my favour thankfully. Saw same item advertised about 3 months later but described correctly however it was up for the same price!

Scoobydoo Ste 04 November 2013 07:12 PM

I vote for the kicking his head in option :thumb:

bustaMOVEs 04 November 2013 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Harrington (Post 11255411)
Well done mate for going public & flagging this up, I had an issue with someone selling me a so called brand new item! When it arrived it had marks on it & residue where it had been fitted!

Fortunately the dispute went in my favour thankfully. Saw same item advertised about 3 months later but described correctly however it was up for the same price!

On CS maybe?

mickywrx 04 November 2013 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by ace1981 (Post 11251341)
Very stupid, if you ask me.

Shouldn't be too difficult to provide the full tracking history for that shipment number which will show it went from the seller to Ipswich, rather than vice versa.

That's a piece of piss to do, and I don't even work there anymore.

http://www.city-link.co.uk/receiving...115/2013-10-21

The link even gives you the street he lives in.

LuckyWelshchap 05 November 2013 05:18 PM

Excellent post OP, not just for warning us about the scammer but also the (type of) scam.

One thing you might want to consider, a visit to the police station to make a formal complaint of attempted fraud. (Imo the disinformation re. the tracking number proves it was a deliberate attempt to defraud).

I believe there's a national team that targets scammers and often of course one tawt wouold probably have ripped off a large number of people, so a lot of cases could be closed simply by catching him from just one arrest/complaint.

Also, imo since he tried to get a partial refund it could be that he'd be looking to sell them straight on for a small profit, thereby making a bigger one ie. £25 from you and perhaps a fiver or tenner from the sale.
If he does have an ebay account, and especially if he has lots of positive feedback and sales, then launch HMRC at him.

I can assure you that it's far better (and more satisfying) to get the authorities to do his head in than you kick it. (Although I understand and wouldn't argue against those sentiments. :)).

ace1981 08 November 2013 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 11255521)
That's a piece of piss to do, and I don't even work there anymore.

http://www.city-link.co.uk/receiving...115/2013-10-21

The link even gives you the street he lives in.

So it does - OP, you're dealing with a real criminal mastermind here...

Just get the authorities involved, and stand your ground. If you've nothing to hide, and can prove your case, you've every right to push for every action possible against him.