ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Help with fuwl pressure reg.. (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/987377-help-with-fuwl-pressure-reg.html)

Boyter_10 10 October 2013 05:47 PM

Help with fuwl pressure reg..

Hi, i bought a fuel pressure reg kit off ebay.. Its the 70 quid one with the fancy blue and red connectors. Cane with no instructions what so ever was wondering if anybody on here could help me out a little

stonejedi 10 October 2013 06:10 PM

What make is it?SJ.

Boyter_10 10 October 2013 06:11 PM

Its a racespec performance one

stonejedi 10 October 2013 06:15 PM

My advice,send it back,you don't really want to be fitting parts of no known origin with no instructions,that alone should of made you raise an eyebrow.SJ.

tubbytommy 10 October 2013 06:18 PM

why do you need one??? and as above dont mess if you have no idea what you are doing, fuel tends to burn well when it leaks onto hot parts.

stonejedi 10 October 2013 06:24 PM

That should of been my first question really As TT has said why do you think you need one are you converting to parallel fuel rails? What modifications have you done to your car already?SJ.

Boyter_10 10 October 2013 08:33 PM

I have had a vf35 turbo fitted, pink injectors and a 255 fuel pump. The car is gettn remapd so i thought i would need this

stonejedi 10 October 2013 08:40 PM

No you will be fine mate with the standard regulator,put it back in the box and return it to sender for a refund,and spend the money elsewhere.SJ.

gazney101 10 October 2013 09:12 PM

Sj in your opinion, at what point is an aftermarket fpr necessary?

Gaz;-)

stonejedi 11 October 2013 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by gazney101 (Post 11232472)
Sj in your opinion, at what point is an aftermarket fpr necessary?

Gaz;-)

For high power yes or converting to parallel fuel rails,when you start to modify the reason it's a expensive game is that it has a knock on effect with every part of your engine,when you upgrade you need to bring certain standard parts inline or that's when they start to fail or not be able to function the way they were designed to function as you have changed the engine parameters,the adjustability of the uprated fuel regulator is what the standard one can not do so when you start going into bigger turbos hi pressure fuel pumps bigger injectors it's a upgrade that should be done,but with quality parts from the likes of SX, FUELAB etc...and not a eBay special.SJ.

Boyter_10 11 October 2013 07:35 AM

If i am looking to be going for around 340bhp will i aheive thos without a fpr?

stonejedi 11 October 2013 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Boyter_10 (Post 11232660)
If i am looking to be going for around 340bhp will i aheive thos without a fpr?

Yes mate:).SJ.

Boyter_10 11 October 2013 07:51 AM

I hope so because i am bookd into
Andy forrest this afternoon. I wil give him a bell before i make the journey anyway. Cheerz

jura11 12 October 2013 01:25 AM

Hi there

In my opinion you don't need FPR at yours stage/power level,if yes then I would go down the line with Fuelab FPR,those FPR are proven to be best and used on mostly high powered cars

FPR is really needed when you are close to maxing the injectors or you close to to IDC(Injectors Duty Cycle),the FPR will helps,but still OE FPR is good enough in most applications

STI pink injectors should flow easily 340bhp without the doubts and without the aftermarket FPR

Save money on something else

Jura