ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Roy Keane sent home from World Cup (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/98714-roy-keane-sent-home-from-world-cup.html)

Funkii Munkii 23 May 2002 12:15 PM

For his comments on the poor facilities the Irish squad have to endure.

At least he will be fit forthe Reds

What a shame World Class players like Keano need to be in the World Cup

OK off you go slaughter him ;)

Dave

Scoobychick 23 May 2002 12:20 PM

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke ;)

neilbbb 23 May 2002 12:27 PM

shame

brendy 23 May 2002 01:54 PM

As Keane had already said he would quit after this competition they are better of without him. At best Ireland squad may make it out of qualifying group and no more - even with Keane (although England don't look like they will do even this!!) so if he is such a disruptive element dump him.

Scooby Roo 23 May 2002 02:14 PM

I think it was more to do with the assistant coach not being able to organise a kick about in the training camp.

Does this affect Ireland's world cup bid or did they not have a snowball's chance in hell. Comments please.:D:D:D:D:D

nigelward 23 May 2002 02:30 PM

Ireland are as likely to win the world cup as England, and vice versa.

At the rate England are going they will be lucky to field a full team, let alone a winning one.

MichelleWRX1994 23 May 2002 02:48 PM

England plus winning team = DREAM ON!!!!

I guess being an Aston villa supporter I am used to the trauma of supporting a *not quite there* team ;)

Go home Keane and don't come back!!!! :D

joni 23 May 2002 03:16 PM

Is it right that you don't actually get paid for playing for your national team............? ;)

fast bloke 23 May 2002 03:32 PM

yep - and if you play for Ireland, you pay for your own transport (not quite, but the FAI wouldn't take the wives :rolleyes:)

[thinks]

Coach : OK FB - we want you to go to Korea and Japan to represent your country
FB: Can my wife come?
Coach: No
Me:........... [thinks again - maybe I'd better plead the 5th - 'Chelle is reading this thread]

[Edited by fast bloke - 5/23/2002 3:40:58 PM]

Dan A 23 May 2002 04:01 PM

Well being a leeds fan I dont really think too highly of the guy.
Great footy player (world class), but if he is being some kind of prima-donna then stuff him! He cant b bigger than the team!!!!

Dan

Maz-old 23 May 2002 05:46 PM

Wnaker.

pslewis 23 May 2002 06:10 PM

FCUK off Keane you tw4t

The world owes you does it??????????????

Pete

Funkii Munkii 23 May 2002 06:18 PM

Go polish your gold wheels :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Trucker Ted 23 May 2002 06:28 PM

Another over payed footballer's dummy falls out the pram,boo-hoo.

Letting his team down and the fans.

Dracoro 23 May 2002 06:33 PM

Think of the pride of playing for your home country in the World Cup. Every kid's (& quite a few adults) dream.
Roy (not very) Keane obviously more concerned about the training facilities & petty squabbles than playing in the greatest football event in the world for his country.

sebastian 23 May 2002 06:35 PM

How can a player "retire from international football" - surely the coach hires and fires them all. It is always the grandiose sulky arrogant types that announce their sackings as "retirements". Shearer included - I never liked him either.