ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Who's into their House music? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/986219-whos-into-their-house-music.html)

Dreep 25 September 2013 02:28 PM

Who's into their House music?

Not sure if anyone is into their House music at all but i'll share it with you anyway. Been DJing from a young age and have managed over the years to get myself a couple of residencies in Aberdeen.

Just uploaded this mix the other day, let us know what you guys think :thumb:
https://soundcloud.com/kyle-meredith/keep-it-fresh-1

dnc 26 September 2013 08:31 PM

good work fella :thumb:.

Makes a nice change from the usual trance posted up ;)

mike1210 26 September 2013 08:56 PM

Yep tidy fair play

dnc 26 September 2013 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by mike1210 (Post 11219658)
Yep tidy fair play

You still using the 1210s or gone digital? Thought I was the only 1 left (1200s) :lol1:

mike1210 27 September 2013 12:18 AM

Still using vinyl mostly. Have 3 1210's atm, main one modded with arm psu etc.

Been buying dance tunes since 1995, must have over 2000 records but I haven't counted them for a while lol.

chocolate_o_brian 27 September 2013 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by dnc (Post 11219621)
good work fella :thumb:.

Makes a nice change from the usual trance posted up ;)

:D

I've got a recent vinyl only mix actually from a guestmix I had played on a radio station.

I'll not bother posting it though :p

dnc 27 September 2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 11219895)
:D

I've got a recent vinyl only mix actually from a guestmix I had played on a radio station.

I'll not bother posting it though :p

:D I'm with Ding on this one!

For whatever reason, just could never get into trance. Like some of the classics, though probably not classed as 'real trance' anyway. I mainly play breaks (mostly weird and undanceable stuff :o that nobody else likes), hard and tech house though not really done much in last few years.

Good to see you are getting some good gigs and clearly you are good at what you do (albeit in an inferior genre ;) :D )

DYK 27 September 2013 12:20 PM

The neighbours couple houses along prefer to annoy me,and play their music outside the house..

speedymonkey 29 September 2013 07:02 PM

link not working now :(

Moz_Rb5 29 September 2013 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by speedymonkey (Post 11221974)
link not working now :(

^^^^^This :cry:^^^^^^

chocolate_o_brian 01 October 2013 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by dnc (Post 11220099)
:D I'm with Ding on this one!

For whatever reason, just could never get into trance. Like some of the classics, though probably not classed as 'real trance' anyway. I mainly play breaks (mostly weird and undanceable stuff :o that nobody else likes), hard and tech house though not really done much in last few years.

Good to see you are getting some good gigs and clearly you are good at what you do (albeit in an inferior genre ;) :D )

:lol1:

Thanks.

Takes allsorts so I appreciate people like different genres.

I've really got into collecting vinyl again this year, it helps menu are so cheap. I've been picking up bundles going cheap and keeping what I want/giving away or selling everything else.

Had some obscene gems crop up as some folk don't of their research prior to selling.

Dreep 23 November 2013 10:38 PM

Sorry guys. Soundcloud took it down due to the Promos thinking its illegal which it is not due to me having access to a promo pool which I pay for.

Ill re upload that mix to mix cloud and will have something a bit more bouncey forthcoming.

Dreep 01 January 2014 12:24 AM

Well seeing as Soundcloud now has some scanner in it that picks up tracks and can identify for copywrite, this only now allows producers to upload stuff without having it taken down!

I've moved over to Mixcloud. Done something a little more bouncy and more club oriented (some will probably find it annoying).

Just messed around for a few hours and cut it down into that.

http://www.mixcloud.com/kyle-meredith/stomp-bounce/

Enjoy and happy new year folks.

GC8 01 January 2014 01:16 PM

I loved trance. I was a massive raver, in fact. That was a long time ago, though and trance is long gone, like piano house before it. :(

Chris.air 01 January 2014 11:34 PM

Well done dude liked it :-)
Listen mostly to soulfull house now tho

jamiebsti 02 January 2014 01:04 PM

Im a DJ also

Massively into the Deep House scene been playing for about a year .. Played a few big clubs ( Ministry of sound ) being one of them

Using Pioneer CDJ's

chocolate_o_brian 02 January 2014 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 11309110)
I loved trance. I was a massive raver, in fact. That was a long time ago, though and trance is long gone, like piano house before it. :(

Simon, you still can love trance - you just have to know what events are on that take you back in time.

Example - NYE I went to Beaverworks warehouse in Leeds. A vinyl only brand called Wax Format run by Sam Mitcham ran a big event. The Wax Format room had Matt Hardwick, Steve 'Thrillseekers' Helstrip and Scot Project headlining with 90 minute VINYL ONLY sets each. It was an incredible night, Simon. Proper trance only on vinyl, records as far back as 96-97 being played. And not just common crap you hear, proper obscure tracks too, those in forgotten gems that never made the Crasher CD's etc etc.

Infact it ran from 2pm NYE till 7am NYD as there was an all day pre party too, which yours truly played a vinyl only set at :D And I fcuking LOVED IT!!

Dropped choons like Solarstone & Scott Bond - 3rd Earth, Pulp Victim - The World, Tilt Going Home mix of Jan Johnston - Flesh.

It was a superb event that SAMs brand only run twice a year.

GC8 02 January 2014 04:55 PM

Mostly nostalgia then?

New 'trance' makes me cringe Andy. I listened to a couple of things that you posted but they left me cold, Im afraid. It wasnt down to you - even Michelangelo couldnt make much of a sculpture of out a massive petrified dog sh*te...

chocolate_o_brian 02 January 2014 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 11310279)
Mostly nostalgia then?

New 'trance' makes me cringe Andy. I listened to a couple of things that you posted but they left me cold, Im afraid. It wasnt down to you - even Michelangelo couldnt make much of a sculpture of out a massive petrified dog sh*te...

:lol1:

I know Simon. A lot isn't a patch on the old raw, warm sound vinyl brings.

Very, very nostalgic and the next time a Wax Format night is on in Manchester or Leeds, you're more than welcome to dust off the trance trousers with me.

I've had a big resurgence in adding to my vinyl collection this year. Small in comparison to others, but approx 2500-3000 now.