ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Neighbour taking the pi$$ (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/986155-neighbour-taking-the-pi.html)

nyscooby 24 September 2013 06:51 PM

Neighbour taking the pi$$

My neighbor just put a block drive in and had it run directly towards my lawn and drive with no drain in the middle!!

Is this legal?

Can he just run his waste rain water onto my property?

There is a huge slope and it will direct all his water onto my lawn and drive!

He is smaller than me and may need a smack!
:luxhello:

RA Dunk 24 September 2013 06:59 PM

Dunno if you can or not but think you should smack him anyway, just because he's smaller than you and you can!!

Scoobydoo Ste 24 September 2013 07:01 PM

Not sure about the legalities of it but maybe you could have a word with him as it may just be something he's overlooked... Always best to try and sort it out like gentlemen :thumb:

nyscooby 24 September 2013 07:02 PM

he said... "your gonna get a new water feature"

he actually works for me........ so thumping him would require stealth...... balaclava!

RA Dunk 24 September 2013 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by nyscooby (Post 11217854)

he actually works for me!

Lol!! Flooding his boss's garden brilliant, I've just taken a liken to this bloke! :nono:

riiidaa 24 September 2013 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by nyscooby (Post 11217854)
he said... "your gonna get a new water feature"

Say the same back, then pi$$ on his shoes

tubbytommy 24 September 2013 07:10 PM

he is getting your garden wet, and your mrs lady garden wet while youre at work ;)

nyscooby 24 September 2013 07:10 PM

You'll see me on ITV "P1ssed Off Bosses From HELL"

Serious advice always received with thanks!!

bioforger 24 September 2013 07:17 PM

Sack the selfish coont, he obviously has no respect for you as a neighbour or a boss.

ohyainnit 24 September 2013 07:17 PM

Done a few drives mate he should have a soak away installed with drain grates and all water should slope to this so I would say call your local council and explain this problem I'm sure they will make him sort it out
If he has no drainage at all then it's not done right
Hope you get it sorted mate

Blue by You 24 September 2013 07:24 PM

A mate of mine lives in the end of a block of five terraced houses. The entire length of guttering from the terrace ends in a down pipe on his house and dumps all of the collected rainfall from five roofs on his driveway. :cuckoo:
He's not a happy bunny when it rains! :lol1:

RA Dunk 24 September 2013 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Blue by You (Post 11217885)
A mate of mine lives in the end of a block of five terraced houses. The entire length of guttering from the terrace ends in a down pipe on his house and dumps all of the collected rainfall from five roofs on his driveway. :cuckoo:

Not a lot of thought gone into that one then, for all the price of plastic drain pipes would it not be an option getting each house done?

stevebt 24 September 2013 07:31 PM

concrete a pin curb along the end of your lawn so that way if it does flood it will flood his drive and not yours :D

Blue by You 24 September 2013 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11217900)
Not a lot of thought gone into that one then, for all the price of plastic drain pipes would it not be an option getting each house done?

Don't think he's got any say in the matter, I know he's tried in the past.

nyscooby 24 September 2013 08:04 PM

Pin curb is exactly what i thought..... i'd tell him before i'd do it just to freak him out a little!!

Worlasshasansti 24 September 2013 08:06 PM

I don't believe you can shed water from your property onto someone elses, he needs to run a kerb (pin or blocks) down his boundary to contain the water or indeed a chanel drain (plastic Chanel will do if it see's no traffic) to catch and then run into his storm drains if not combined.

It sounds like he's not put much thought into it and treated it like a joke but in all seriousness after any prolonged rain etc your lawn is gonna be fu*ked.

Imagine he changed his cars oil on his drive dropped a boll*ck and spilt the oil.........interesting lol.

Mick

TH9564 24 September 2013 08:07 PM

Contact the council. I am pretty sure he now needs planning for block paving, and needs to have suitable drainage built into the system either channel drains as mentioned or different block pacing that has drainage features built in (ie. Marshalls priora paving)

Aaron1978 24 September 2013 08:10 PM

Best thing to do is power wash the sand out of the blocks, then throw loads of grass seed down then brush some more sand back in ;)

Aaron1978 24 September 2013 08:11 PM

^^ it won't stop your garden flooding but will annoy the sh1t out of him!

lovinmescoob 24 September 2013 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron1978 (Post 11217942)
Best thing to do is power wash the sand out of the blocks, then throw loads of grass seed down then brush some more sand back in ;)

Originally Posted by Aaron1978 (Post 11217944)
^^ it won't stop your garden flooding but will annoy the sh1t out of him!

Now thats bl**dy funny:thumb::lol1::lol1::lol1:

chopperman 24 September 2013 08:43 PM

I think if you tarmac or concrete/ brick a garden or driveway that was a drainable surface, you should go through planning or building regs. I'm sure i heard this somewhere but could be myth.

nyscooby 24 September 2013 09:29 PM

the law on this is controlled by the Land Drainage Act 1930.......

but still no closer to the answer

marshall332bhp 24 September 2013 09:36 PM

Winter pay off sounds like the answer.

RA Dunk 24 September 2013 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by marshall332bhp (Post 11218056)
Winter pay off sounds like the answer.

Is this before or after his whole garden has frozen over? :p

JGlanzaV 24 September 2013 10:03 PM

Id explain the error of his ways, and if he refuses to sort it out kick the **** out of him, just because you can and it will make you feel better :) Or collect all the water and pump it back onto his lawn!

skoobidude 24 September 2013 10:04 PM

But it never rains in Vegas so you should be ok.

ditchmyster 24 September 2013 10:05 PM

Sack him for gross missing ducting.:lol1:

RA Dunk 24 September 2013 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11218087)
Sack him for gross missing ducting.:lol1:

Cheese! :lol1:

scud8 24 September 2013 10:30 PM

If he hasn't laid a porous surface or arranged for the water to drain in to soak-aways on his property then he needs planning permission. I'd ask him if the surface is porous and if it isn't speak to your local council.

riiidaa 24 September 2013 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Blue by You (Post 11217885)

Soak away