ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Flyeye and exterior mods on blobeye finished (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/985285-flyeye-and-exterior-mods-on-blobeye-finished.html)

drfeelgood 13 September 2013 08:15 PM

Flyeye and exterior mods on blobeye finished

12 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone
Just finished ( for now anyway ) the exterior mods on my blobeye ,over the last few days I have fitted flyeye to the rear and side lights and have blacked out the subaru boot badge and boot lock and IMO really love the mean stealth bomber look .
Since I got it back in march I have done the following

Taken all the stickers and fake STI badges off .
Put a rubber Matt black coating on the original WRX wheels
Detango'd and blacked out the headlights
Decatted the third cat and resonator and replaced with a straight thought scorpion exhaust and 4" scorpion backbox .
Tinted front windows ( light smoke )
Tinted rear windows ( medium smoke )
Replaced blue STI seats with original black seats with custom WRX badge fitted
Fitted black with red WRX rally flaps
Fitted flyeye to rear and side lights and finally
Blacked out boot badges .
For now I am finished and I'm well pleased with the results .
Pictures are from when I got it to present day .

Attachment 69459
Attachment 69460
Attachment 69461
Attachment 69462
Attachment 69463
Attachment 69464
Attachment 69465
Attachment 69466
Attachment 69467
Attachment 69468
Attachment 69469
Attachment 69470

the shreksta 13 September 2013 08:37 PM

I really like this look mate, I think go the whole way and black the calipers aswell with maybe the subaru logo in red or lime green

ClintonWRX 13 September 2013 08:38 PM

Looks v nice mate, im really liking your headlights, im looking to do the same, a step by step guide would have been nice...:)

blackvenom 13 September 2013 08:56 PM

Much better :) good to see a nice wrx rather than an sti wannabe

drfeelgood 13 September 2013 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=ClintonWRX;11208484]Looks v nice mate, im really liking your headlights, im looking to do the same, a step by step guide would have been nice...:)[/
Here's the link with a step by step guide

https://www.scoobynet.com/technical-...eadlights.html

It is as easy as other people say so give it a go , the hardest part was getting the lights out . I used the wife's hair dryer to heat the mastic , didn't fancy cooking the lights just in case something went wrong , expensive to replace .
It took me about 2 to 2 and a half hours and that was with a five mile bike ride to get a can of satin black spray because I ran out , also got two amber bulbs and gave them a light coating of chrome radiator spray , saves buying silvertec at a daft price .
Chuffed as mint balls with the results , fingers crossed they don't leak when it rains

drfeelgood 13 September 2013 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by blackvenom (Post 11208495)
Much better :) good to see a nice wrx rather than an sti wannabe

Thanks man
That's why I took the sti seats out and de badge it , at the end of the day it's a WRX ( not everyone cup of tea ) but its good enough for me ( until I can afford a 22b , in my wildest dreams )

Oranges 14 September 2013 10:01 AM

Looks really good!

Any better shots of the wheels, was thinking of doing the same, what did you use for them?

Thanks

drfeelgood 14 September 2013 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Oranges (Post 11208812)
Looks really good!

Any better shots of the wheels, was thinking of doing the same, what did you use for them?

Thanks

I'll get some better shots soon , just need some black wheels nuts to finish them off ,
I used foliatec film spray on the wheels , dead easy to do , u can even leave the wheels on , check out YouTube and search foliatec film spray it's about £40 to £50 for two cans which is plenty for four wheels , cheapest place I've seen Is amazon and come in various colours .
Attachment 69471

Oranges 14 September 2013 08:14 PM

Cheers buddy, will have a scan. I fancy glass black in think :)

ClintonWRX 15 September 2013 04:59 PM

Brilliant thanks for link to guide. Thread has link to silver bulbs for £13, where did you get amber bulbs from, how much and what are the bulbs called as id rather save a few quid and do what you have?

drfeelgood 16 September 2013 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by ClintonWRX (Post 11209884)
Brilliant thanks for link to guide. Thread has link to silver bulbs for £13, where did you get amber bulbs from, how much and what are the bulbs called as id rather save a few quid and do what you have?

I got them from my local motorworld shop but any independent car spares place should have them , there about £3 each and I just took a bulb in with me but I think there called a bayonet fitting , I think T20 501 part number , here's a link from eBay , cheap enough , I think these are the right ones , look the same .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-Amb...item35bc7fd418

drfeelgood 16 September 2013 10:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a few pictures stood back , gives a better over all picture of the mods .
Attachment 69472

Attachment 69473

the shreksta 17 September 2013 06:26 AM

looks great mate but would look better with lambo green calipers, angled exhaust and carbon mirrors :)

G4rfo 17 September 2013 06:52 AM

That looks mint bud deffo need to try and do my headlights and spray my wheels :-)

drfeelgood 17 September 2013 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11211384)
looks great mate but would look better with lambo green calipers, angled exhaust and carbon mirrors :)

Nah mate , the calipers match the flaps and the custom WRX badge on the seats , can't go wrong with red and black , don't like the carbon fibre look and can't see the point on a black car from a distance they would look the same , angled exhaust is a maybe if someone was selling a cheap one but it would have to sound right , this exhaust sounds bang on , will be putting a vid on YouTube soon .
I'm thinking of putting a under bumper diffuser on it next .

firesorter 21 September 2013 08:45 PM

As the owner of similar black wrx :thumb: