ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Subaru Parts (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/)
-   -   Daddies of all V3/4 Heads (Zen) (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/985175-daddies-of-all-v3-4-heads-zen.html)

allsop83 12 September 2013 01:32 PM

Daddies of all V3/4 Heads (Zen)

Got the following for sale guys, these were going to be built onto a 2.1 engine on my Catalunya track car engine but that dream is now over and the car is gone:

The heads were removed from a low mileage imported car that was broken for spares.
They were sent to Zen Performance where they were stripped, cleaned and inspected.
They were given a very light skim to ensure 100% flat face for perfect gasket bite. They were ported and all casting imperfections removed etc.

They were rebuilt by Paul at Zen using:-
new Supertech valve stem seals
new Supertech Inconel exhaust valves (as recomended by Zen for high performance use. From memory these are around £22 each x 8)
the inlet valves were inspected and found to be in perfect condition so were re-used as well as all springs, retainers and collets.
The heads were re-built and re-shimmed where necessary to give the perfect clearances.

They were run at just under 400BHP and Andy F himself commented on how well the car breathed. He believed they were one of the contributing factors to how the car held full boost all the way to the red line!! There was no restriction at the top end at all. I have a RR graph from WP to prove this.

The heads are due me around £1250 including buying them (normally go between £250 - £300 in used / unknown condition)!!
I will include a copy of the reciept from Zen performance to prove the work and parts that went into these heads.

So basically you are getting a set of mint condition recently rebuilt STI3 heads with a set of Inconel Exhaust valves.
They are available now sitting in my garage all wrapped in bubble wrap.

Price - £600 Please bare in mind the info above and that they have had around £1,000 spent on them!!

Chris :thumb:

Kwik 12 September 2013 02:18 PM

Bargain:thumb:

Arch 12 September 2013 09:45 PM

very very cheap worth more in parts never mind the porting and rebuild costs

allsop83 13 September 2013 11:16 AM

Cheers guys - wish I had gone for a V5/6 track car now as these would be bolted straight to the P1!! Nevermind...... :(

rossyboy 14 September 2013 11:00 PM

Chris, sent you a pm on AS.....

veerinder9 14 September 2013 11:13 PM

Hi mate would this bolt straight onto my block? Ive got v6 engine with v6 heads. Alctake ecu. What would I need to make these work right?

kenc 14 September 2013 11:37 PM

You will need a way of mounting your v5/v6 inlet mani on them or some wiring changes to run a v3/v4 inlet in your car..

allsop83 16 September 2013 12:02 PM

^^ what he said, your inlet manifold would be the issue.....